Page 415 of 415 
Username Post: DeZineGirlz Critique/COF Group! Active/Full        (Topic#1380897)
Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to toofclnr

Tara head over to

www.jessicasprague.com

The photo classes are taught by Candice Stringham. I took the Oh Shoot Class and I am currently in the Portraiture class. I also bought the workflow editing class. This one is self study so I will devote time to it once the Portraiture class is over.

There is another lady that teaches a fab class..I will link to it in my next post. It is much more expensive but from what I have heard it is much more indepth than the Oh Shoot Class. I may even take it still. You never can learn too much.
Glad to hear Joe has a job! Nights are tough..Bobby has been doing them going on 9 years. But it is a job, it pays the bills and it lessens the money load. I heard about what River has...it should be fine once therapy is over!

I did cry at Ava's graduation...sigh...and then her parade for Little Miss Brecksville was on Monday....and that was sad..her last event before she gives up the title. The ballet recital was good...got some good shots of the girls in their costumes..my mom was in town..it was a little stressful.

I am not looking forward to the summer break..it will grate on my nerves having the kids home and off schedual..thank heavens for some camps.

We did receive an offer on our house..but it was a very insulting one. I can't believe those people...I think they were trying to capitalize on someone else's misfortune..thank heavens we are not in that predicament..so we declined and countered a price pretty close to our asking...it these people are serious than they should give a fair offer. If not..they should move on.

Gotta start working out again..I have been lax with that lately...

Gotta run..sorry! Monica..thinking of you...stay strong...I am hoping for a silver lining for you and your family.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to toofclnr

http://www.snapshotsofagoodlife.com/index.cgi?p=descrip...

This is for that other class Tara!

Edited by Melissa S. on 05-26-09 03:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to Melissa S.

Mel, sorry to hear that the offer was such a joke. I guess they figured it was worth a try, but come on.

I am waiting to see the ballet pictures...... lol

Monica...things any better hon?

I need to get some teacher's gifts together this weekend..nothing like waiting until the last minute..school is out June 3......

I go on a field trip with Faith tomorrow at a local farm. should be fun, but I hope it doesn't rain.

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Beth_P

Beth...end of the year happiness or blues? I am caught between both. I am not looking forward to the drama of having 3 kids home a lot..have you found that when you have 3 kids one of them is invariably left out? I guess I will have to be more vigilant with playdates..Did it rain for Faith's farm trip?

I am gearing up for the end of the year...I have all the teachers presents..will be participating in Ajay's field day next tuesday..and then the end of the year party next wednesday. This friday is Abi's spring fling...I personally love this day. The end of the day is a big tug of war with the teachers...it is fun to see some of them get covered in dirt or mud! Ha!

It is the same ole weight struggle..I am trying to lose 3 pounds I gained over mothers day time...too much chocolate!

I am finished with the portrait class...I just uploaded my finished storyboard..I can't wait to get the instructors feedback.Now I am going to look for more classes to take.

What are you guys planning for fathers day?
Since bobby loves roti and chapati's..(indian bread) I bought him a tortilla press and fry pan to make them in. He doesn't like to roll out the dough so this will be a major help! Plus I will make ressies for a brunch at Brio. No more buffets lol! The mothers day one was just mediocre and sooooo expensive.

I have to see a dermatologist for a mole on my back that is irritated due to it being on my bra line. Can you believe the first available appointment isn't until August 31st? I can't complain but really...

So Tara how you liking your new camera???

Charlotte..where are you??? I am always looking at your blog hoping for an update..vacay pics..disney...what are you doing?

Chere...you sound like you are doing ok on FB..but really are you? How is Bella? Any proceeding updates?

Kari..so how many lo's did you complete on your retreat? I haven't scrapped in almost 1 year! Can you believe it??

Anyone else still lurking around here?? Come out girlz whereever you are lol!

CharlotteJ
Mayor
CharlotteJ

guiltily lurking over here and have been occasionally since I got back from my vacation! I haven't been on in so long I never know where to begin.

I'm glad for summer and to have Daniel home in the mornings. I like having the day open- of course that hasn't even been working out with out preschool. So, what are your teacher gifts of choice? I haven't had to do that until now. I went with gift cards...

Mel I wish I could make the time for some photography classes! you are so lucky.

Monica how are things going? I think about you all the time.

Yes, how is it with three. Is some one usually left out? Jesse and I keep debating that one. I want 3. He thinks someone will feel left out too often.

sorry this is such a short one. I have so much catching up to do with each of you.

Chere I sent you an email today. Sorry, I cant' keep up with you on facebook. I just didn't want to be on there any more. Been thinking of you a lot too!

A big hello to each of you!

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P
In response to CharlotteJ

Hey guys...or I mean girlz!!

Char - you guys are adopting another child? How exciting! Where have I been???? Three isn't bad, but there are times when two play better. It all depends on the day and the mood.

For teacher's gifts this year I made three kinds of truffles, chocolate covered cherries, and chocolate covered pretzels. I made each teacher a card and made the boxes I put them in out of cardstock. Last year I did make note cards...I didn't have time to do that much this year.

Mel - sounds like you have summer mapped out well. I am pretty much just winging it. We go to St. Augustine in July. Other than that, we are playing it by ear. The kids will visit with nana some. We'll see. It should be interesting with work and them being home.

No, it didn't rain for the field trip. It turned out to be just perfect. The kids had a good time.

Where is everyone else?????

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

mel, thanks for the links! i will check them, out, however, am out of money after buying the camera.. he heeheheee....
it's going ok, i bought a book and am studying it over... maybe a class soon. we are headin out to the park later, i will play around with it and practice. if the kids will cooperate! right!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

mel, also, love the pics on your blog... i got Londyn that same dress for fourth of july!!! i love it!!!! she looked so beautiful, i bet you were so proud!!!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to toofclnr

hi ya ladies!!! just a quick drive by...i fianlly got tooooooo SCRAP!! just for a few hours, but it's a start!!!
you might have seen these in my blog..but here they are again!
You are so Silly
By Toofclnr

Laugh Often
By Toofclnr

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Hey girls!! Just a quick drive by. I have tons of things to do today weather permitting. Baseball/t-ball season is in full swing and thats keeping me pretty busy too.

Things are still the same as far as the drama. Bk to court on Monday...ugh.

Hope all is well. I think of you daily. I hope to get some time to catch up on everyones blogs. I feel like I am missing so much. Shoot, I've barely been on FB these days..heehee

TTFN

Melissa S.
Diva
Melissa S.
In response to Monica Jo

Charlotte! Hi:) I am so glad to hear from you..I know what you mean though....it is so hard to just jump right back in..there seems so much to tell and you just don't know how to because of all the back details...anyways...in regards to three...I do have a little problem with that...the girls are good together..they have similar interests now..which is weird given Abi is almost 9 and ava is 5.5! They play Polly Pockets, and American girl for hours. They do a lot of imaginative play. I am all for allowing the kids to stay as young as possible. I don't want Abi to grow up too fast. Now when Ajay is involved it is helter skelter! He wants to be hyper..run around, make messes, play sports..so the girls do that with him for a bit then they leave to do other things..he gets sad I can tell. He does tend to play a lot by himself. I have way more fights when 3 play than 2. I think the key is to have playdates for the one that is left out the most. That will make up for a lot of the sad feelings. Plus as parents you just have to find things that all 3 like and plan accordingly. All the kids like board games so I encourgage them to do some of them. The strategies aren't perfect but they do get you through the day. Now as your kids get older and have those playdates you will quickly find out that an even number of kids is much better because it gives someone a partner..Hope this helps. Did we ever hear about your vacation? I hope to see some pics of Disney up on your blog....

Teacher gifts: I have found a great thing that most teachers love! I buy the Vera Bradley Keychain wallets that are 10.00 and then I go to Starbucks and pick up a 10.00 gift card. For 20.00 you get a gift that the teachers rav about. Also after christmas I hit up the department stores for the godiva chocolate or any hometown fine chocolate..(we have Malley's)and buy it up for 50% off. Then I give them to the teachers as well. They keep really well double bagged in freezer ziplocs for up to 1year. The gifts that say #1 teacher or mugs and such are really a waste...at least that is what I have heard. Think about how many mugs they must have received if they were teaching for 10 years! ha! This year we pooled as a class money to buy our teacher a gift certificate to her favorite salon. When she opened it she was soo happy that she cried. I think personal gifts are best..find out what they like and go from there.

Monica..good luck on Monday...I hope things are getting a little better for you.

Beth...I heard you and Eric had a great dinner together the other day..no kids..they are at Nana's! Ummm and now you must explain the fairy land pics! You know..I am coming to Disney with Ava again in December...I hope we can see each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hint hint! We can meet up in Downtown Disney as well..just a thought..unless by then you have your tickets to the parks...

Ok...it is the 2nd morning without school..it was so nice to sleep in! I shouldn't get used to it since on monday the camps start and I have to be up at 7:30...which is still better than the 6:30 I got up during the school year!

Chere...sounds like you have fun at a concert...! How are things??? Perhaps you could update us on your fb thread..I think of you nearly everyday.

Kari..you have such a sense of humor! I love your fb entries.. I can't believe how big Scout is gettng..and her hair is soo blond! I laughed..ok probably shouldn't have...at your library story..believe me it has happened to the best of us....

Ok I am off...need to take a shower and actually do something..we have been so wet here lately...rain rain and more rain. Today it is supposed to be cloudy but NO rain. Maybe the kids can play outside.

Oh Tara..Forgot...I would love to see Londyn in that dress! I loved it too....

Beth_P
Beth_P 
Diva
Beth_P

Hey...just realized I haven't checked in here in a while....yikes!

I am a bit crazed with all three kids home and trying to work. Eric is going away next week for three days, so I won't even get the little after dinner break. Of course, he has been working so much, I probably won't really notice too much. Sad, huh?

Chloe's birthday was yesterday. Gosh. 7 already. Hard to believe. Just had a few friends over for pizza and swimming. Her birthday always falls around father's day and ballet recitals, no one can ever come...I simplified. It was fine. She gets overwhelmed with lot's of kids anyway.

Mel - the fairy pics...lol..well, it started out that we were going to do our nails. Then Chloe wanted to dress up...I was in my bathing suit, so I had to be coordinated to that. Hence all the green tinkerbell stuff and nail polish. Anyway, we went outside and played fairy. I was foolish enough to let Peyton take pictures. It's all good. Sort of...lol
And, yes I would love to see you guys. I'd love to be able to go into a park, but we are still really struggling. I am so tired of working all the time and STILL having no money. It really stinks. Downtown Disney would work as well. We'll have to see how things are going much closer, but do plan on seeing us.

Tara - those babies are just soooo cute!

Monica Jo - Nice to at least see the quick update.

Hello to any other drive by lurkers!

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Beth_P

hi girls!!!
mel... i havne't taken any pics of londyn in that dress maybe on fourth of july! ha!
she actually has wore it once already to church.

HI bEth... thanks... they are so fun!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to toofclnr

Hey Girlz...I've not been on SB.com in a while.
I'm here now trying to get some information on my new deep cut blade for my Cricut. Im using it for the first time cutting chipboard. I cant find any information as far as settings wise..

So I thought I would jump over here and say howdy to my favorite scrappy Girlz.

Hugs to you all...Love ya bunches

toofclnr
Governor
toofclnr
In response to Monica Jo

helllloooooo **ECHO****ECHO***
anyone here?? he hhee...
i don't peek in here much because i usually see you all on facebook... just seeing how you all were... hope the summer is treating you well!!!

by the way, does anyone still keep in tough with Kristin??? I lost her blog link and didn't know if she still had it or not?

anyway, i'm off to check my facebook, then to bed...off all next week!! wooo hooooo!

night night

Page 415 of 415 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics