Page 23 of 23 
Username Post: CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEA THREAD        (Topic#1385857)
aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mrsrogers52513

That's why I typically do not give handmade gifts unless the person has specifically requested one, or if they have a very long history of admiring my work. Handmade gifts are not universally the best possible gift; the best gift is something the recipient actually wants, and if what they want is a book or game or crafting tool, that isn't something I can make for them. It's the thought that counts, people say, but the thought only counts if the thought actually involved considering the recipient's wishes. I also don't like giving people the gift of guilt-inducing clutter.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

• mrsrogers52513 Said:
Aw, what happened? I do admit it was a ton of work, and I went to my mom's house the other day and she doesn't even have it up! Makes me mad.

Aw what a shame. It isn't in her bedroom? I make a photo calendar each year for Mum and MIL/FIL. Mum's is designed for her kitchen fridge door, but she hangs it in her bedroom instead.

Apologies, my flop was an Advent calendar not a year calendar. Just about everything was wrong with it - the colours didn't contrast enough, I had too many layers of paper for the magnets to stick through, the stamped images were too big - aagh. Just a failure. I might have another go at it this year. We'll see.

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain

I am looking for a place I can get some kind of wild animal statue to paint for my husband. I live in southern oregon and have nothing her in town. I have to go to the Portland Oregon area to find a place. I am thinking of ceramic or plaster

Help in finding a place would be greatly appreciated.

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap
In response to AK_Carter

Love the altered collage frame idea. thanks for sharing

Eager to Scrap
Veteran
Eager to Scrap
In response to Tree_Texas

An idea i think is cute, is: A small, cute, jar with lid. Fill it full with candy corn and peanuts. Tie rafia just under the lid. Cut out a small square of pretty card stock with your edged scissors and tie to the jar with the rafia for a note: "Just because" "Merry Christmas" etc. So cute and soooooo good. Tastes like a Payday.

Edited by Eager to Scrap on 10-09-13 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

texlady
Diva
texlady
In response to Eager to Scrap

I want to make a ABC book out of very sturdy material for my 3 yr old Great Nephew. He is still in the banging, pulling, destroying stage. Any ideas.

avidpapercrafter
New Kid On the Block
avidpapercrafter
In response to Jennifer Priest

Anybody use Sizzix framelits? I'm wondering how easy to use they are. I want to try one for a Christmas project, but I don't want to spend a lot of time on a project....I get too busy this time of year.

Edited by avidpapercrafter on 11-03-14 09:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mddanie
Veteran
mddanie
In response to texlady

sb.com sells plain chipboard in 12 x 12 squares for a very affordable price. I use it as my mini album and art journal covers pretty frequently. It is sturdy enough that when my friend's kiddos toss my art journal across the room (happens quite often) that it holds up...Also, you can "toughen it up" with a thick coat of modge podge or other kid saliva friendly sealer.

Page 23 of 23 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics