Page 1 of 190 
Username Post: True Christianity-Ask Bible Questions Here        (Topic#1387299)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I want to start a thread on True Christianity.

Phillipians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Everyone, including Christians, make mistakes and do wrong things. This thread is not about that. It's about what does the Bible say about any particular thing.

So some one pick a topic, everyone else find scripture that may apply to that topic. To me True Christianity is following the teaching of Jesus Christ. Christian literally means that, Christ-like.

Not that I need to say this but no flaming. Asking questions for clarity is always acceptable.

May 8, 2007: I added "Ask Bible Questions Here" to the title of this tread today. Hope this will generate questions by others here. :D

Edited by VivianR on 05-08-07 12:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sueski
sueski 
New Kid On the Block
sueski
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Is there no moderators on this forum? I'm new and feel this is OFF TOPIC!! Scrapbooking.com should JUST be for SCRAPPING!! Am I wrong???

Therapy Scrapper
Expert
Therapy Scrapper
In response to sueski

• sueski Said:
Is there no moderators on this forum? I'm new and feel this is OFF TOPIC!! Scrapbooking.com should JUST be for SCRAPPING!! Am I wrong???

I agree this is going to get UGLY!!!!! I would rather keep THOSE beliefs to myself thank you!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to sueski

• sueski Said:

This is the NON-SCRAPBOOK RELATED FORUM so, it is not off topic! If you want to post about scrap subjects, there are a ton of forums here!

But, yes, it will probably get pretty heated, so I will abstain! Thanks!

Edited by Manda_K on 10-24-06 08:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to Therapy Scrapper

I don't get it- it's okay for there to be five pages of the "any non-Christians" thread (interesting read, BTW), but not a "true Christians" thread? Doesn't sound fair to me. There's a mormon thread here and a couple other religious threads, too. This is the non-scrapbook related area to post threads that are non-scrapbook related. Just trying to figure out what the problem is with having this one.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Manda_K

I agree, this is a huge can of worms. What true Christianity is is different to many people.

I will post what I think.... It is trying to live a good life. Trying to apply Christ's teachings to your life. Trying to follow the path God has for you. Trying not to judge people. It is trying to do the right thing. It is trying to be tolerant of others. It is trying to be honest with yourself , others, and especially God.

I say trying becasue we may all try, but we are not perfect beings and no one can do all of this 100% of the time.

Therapy Scrapper
Expert
Therapy Scrapper
In response to scrappinmac

• scrappinmac Said:
I don't get it- it's okay for there to be five pages of the "any non-Christians" thread (interesting read, BTW), but not a "true Christians" thread? Doesn't sound fair to me. There's a mormon thread here and a couple other religious threads, too. This is the non-scrapbook related area to post threads that are non-scrapbook related. Just trying to figure out what the problem is with having this one.

No one is saying there is a problem... I think ur reading into the responses incorrectly. What we are saying is this site is for SCRAPBOOKERS and may be a little too intense for some people. No matter how many times people say "just my opinion" or "just my $.02" people get offended!!

Just look @ the Halloween question that was posed with pure innocence!! That lady was ******** near malled for just asking a question!!! Have whatever conversation you'd like, offend people, get offended. Do whatever you'd like.... I really couldn't care less!!

Oh yeah..... just my opinion!!!

R Miller
Expert
R Miller
In response to sueski

To Sueski...

Well, just don't read it.

Edited by R Miller on 10-24-06 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to scrappinmac

• scrappinmac Said:

I agree...Religion is open for interpretation, as are the texts that accompany religion. This is, by the way, a NON SCRAPBOOKING thread.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to R Miller

Maybe the first thing addressed is:

What is Christianity? and then how to live that.

There is a huge diversity within the umbrella of Christianity. This isn't to debate if any particular sub-sect is or isn't Christian.

Since I started this thread, I'll give my difinition to be a Christian. Belief in Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God, who lived a sinless life, died on the cross for everyone's sins, rose the 3rd day.

I've had discussions of with someone said she was a Christian but didn't believe in Jesus. She could not explain why she called herself a Christian except that it was the closest to any religion that she had. I did explain what I believed and neither of us changed our minds/beliefs. We're still very close and pray for each other.

I also very much believe in the Bible. I try to go back to the original language and meaning. I study the Bible because I believe it to be the Word of God. Because of that belief I try to base the rest of my life on it.

BTW, I don't have a problem with things getting heated. It should. This is an important topic. This is NOT about converting anyone's current beliefs or changing anyone in any way.

This is supposed to be about what does the Bible say about any topic.

Edited by VivianR on 10-24-06 09:17 AM. Reason for edit: Forgot the NOT :o

Love1972
Idol
Love1972
In response to Therapy Scrapper

• Therapy Scrapper Said:
  • sueski Said:

I agree this is going to get UGLY!!!!! I would rather keep THOSE beliefs to myself thank you!

I agree this will get heated, but it is in a non-scrapbooking forum and has every right to be here. If you think you might become offended, don't read it, don't respond, go on with your life. There is a little something here for everyone, but not everything will suit everyone. Good luck with your thread, Viv!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Here's a really touchy subject.

Did you know the Bible says that loans should be for no longer than 7 years?

Yet, how many people don't have mortgages that's at least double that?

My dh and I made changes in our lives to do this. It's not been easy, and I'm not recommending it to anyone. We were going thru many changes when were lead to financial scriptures and learned this one. We acted on it, offended several friends thru our spiritual immaturity and learned much.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Love1972

Thanks, Lauren.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, maybe a little background will help. My family is very diverse. My brother-in-law, whom I love dearly, tests me regularly in my faith with very good questions. He's from Iran and has a strong Muslim background but not really raised in that religion.

His questions have ended up strengthing my faith and helped me to mature especially concerning other faiths and cultures.

The only area I have difficulty with is someone getting offended by any question. It's a question, give an intelligent answer when possible. If you don't know the answer, say so. It's simple. But to get mad about it makes no sense to me. Ask me any question about anything, hopefully I have an intelligent answer.

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap

Christianity = To believe in Christ as the son of God who died for our sins and for our salvation.

But Christianity comes under a HUGE umbrella of different denominations who have their own traditions. I'm Roman Catholic and we believe and do a lot of things that other Christian faiths do not.......and they do things we do not do. You will find some people in all denominations that believe their way is the only way but I'm not one of those. I've been Catholic all my life and attended Catholic school from 1st grade through High School and also attended a Catholic college. I never remember being told we were the only ones going to Heaven but I do know people who believe that. To me (IMHO) if you live the way Christ wants you to, follow the commandments, ask forgivness when you goof up, love thy neighbor, ask forgiveness when you goof up......etc. you are on the right path.

Feel free to disagree with me.

P.S. I'll now duck and cover LOL

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Vivian, All I can say is WOW! I can't believe that there are people out there that want to delete this topic! I was just browsing and I saw this and was so happy that someone started one!

Well, I toatly agree with you on having to believe in Jesus Christ to become a born again Christian.

Oletta
Oletta 
Idol
Oletta

Christ Yeshua never called His followers Christians and over the centuries, this title has become tarnished by organized religion. The first Believers were Jews who recognized Yeshua as the promised Messiah. I guess I'm a Messianic Gentile and try to live as a disciple of Christ.
I think Christ Yeshua is the human form of God/Light/One. I think the Christ is manifested at every level of existence and we can learn to recognize Him in everything - or it wouldn't exist (see Col. 1:17). Christ is embodiment of the Grace of Salvation offered by our Creator.
I believe I am saved from my sins/wrath of God by my trust in His Word/Work alone. I choose to participate in that Grace day by day, moment by moment.
Christ Yeshua prayed that His followers would be united in love because that's how the world will recognize his power.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to luv to scrap

A house devided will not stand. We should all be looking for similarities than for differences.

Your definition and mine are the same.

I've heard someone say that Catholics weren't saved. I felt like I was slapped and I'm not Catholic! Many people who go to church aren't necessarily going to heaven and those who don't attend church aren't necessarily going to he||. Just as not every member of any denomination is heaven bound but to say that none are is just wrong.

So, Debbie, please feel free to post what you want.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Oletta

Salvation is not by works, you will NOT go to heaven unless you have accepted Christ as your personal savior.

Edited by scrapbook girl on 10-24-06 09:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to scrapbook girl

Boy, that sounded kinda harsh! I did not mean it that way!

Page 1 of 190 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics