Page 1 of 173 
Username Post: Illinois Critique Group        (Topic#1387559)
Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

If anyone is interested in joining this Group, I would love to make new friends!

Scrapbook.com ROCKS and the critique groups are a great way to meet fellow scrappers and expand your horizons. EVERYONE I know loves getting comments/ suggestions on their layouts so I am sure you do too.

Here are some general guidelines we would like to follow. Please read everything, THANKS! Also, below please type your goals---published, design team, improve techniques, change style, etc and a little bit more about yourself! ALSO PLEASE post whether it is ok to post in the gallery or you want pm to pm things to you!

First of all this is a critique group. Your layouts will be critiqued with other's opinions. Please understand that how you take such suggestions is totally up to you. Any suggestions given are in no way a personal attack againt your style of scrapbooking, just opinions of others. You may use their suggestions or not, you have to decide what you like the best.

At anytime without any judgement of anyone in this group you may drop yourself from the critique group, just let me know.

I need to know a couple things from each person. I prefer leaving messages in the gallery for convenience, but if you rather be pm'd your suggestions please let me know right away. Also I would like to know what your goal is for this group. Do you just want to improve your scrapping, or are you trying to get published etc.

My goal is to come away with new ideas and concepts I haven't thought of for my layouts. Most of the groups use the approach "Give someone acompliment,suggestion,an d another compliment".

Please be fair and try to critique as many los as possible. Everyone wants fresh new ideas and you might have that perfect one!

If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to pm me. So if anything needs to be tweeked just let us know.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Members to date:
1. Scrap Candy - Candi
2. Shelstan - Shel
3. DLynch - Diane
4. llprncess3 - Jana Marie
5. LeaLa - Lea
6. luci~scraper - Debra
7. ltlemermaid - Ariel
8. doriscraps - Becky
(in no particular order!! )

JOIN US!

Edited by Scrap Candy on 10-08-07 07:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Scrap Candy

Hi. I'm shelstan...teacher from Chicago! I have been scrapping for about 15 years, in different phases.
I am interested in improving my style, learning new techniques and becoming a more well-rounded, adventurous scrapper. Of course, I aspire to someday be published, but the competition is pretty intense (and I've never submitted anything!)
Feel free to post/critique in my gallery.
Can't wait to hear your suggestions for my improvement and to meet new friends!
Take care,
--Shel--

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to Shelstan

Hi I'm Diane. I also live in Chicago. I have been scrapbooking since 2003.

I want to be in this critique group to help improve my LOs and get others opinions when I'm stuck etc...

I also thought it would be a great way to get to know some fellow scrappers.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to DLynch

Hi! My name is Deborah! I live in NW Indiana, and I was woundering if I could join? I practically live in IL (I could walk accross the border!LOL!) I have always wanted to join a critique group

Unless if any of you wounderful ladys know of any groups in Indiana?? I would really appreciate it!

~Thanks!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to scrapbook girl

subscribing!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Thanks for the warm welcome candi!

A little more about myself... I am joining this group because I think it will help me get better at scrapping! And also in the hopes of getting published!! ummm... I love to meet new people ! And especially ones that live so close to me! Also, I would like it very much if you posted in my gallery. I can't wait to get started !!!!

Edited by scrapbook girl on 10-26-06 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Welcome to the group!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to DLynch

I can't wait to get started, girls, but we need to round up some more participants. I'll put a post in the general forum....to try to stir up some business!

Welcome Diane and Deborah!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Shelstan

Sounds like we have a good start, ladies! Make sure to add yourselves to each others friends list...

I would like to generate a list of questions to build the conversation and get us started with a little something - but let's hold off until Saturday -maybe we will build our group up by then!

Keep checking back!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

Sounds good.

I've been e-mailing people about the group also.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to DLynch

Great, Diane! I love that everybody is ---> this close to each other <----

I've been looking at some of your LO's, and they are awesome! Sorry I couldn't comment on more! I promise to return!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom

Hi ladies,
I would like to join in the fun. My name is Krista and I live in the city--on the north side, walking distance to the lake (yea!). I have been scrapping for 6 years. You are welcome to read more about me in my little bio in "my place"--I won't bore you here.
I love scrapbooking and photography and would enjoy meeting other scrapbookers--it will be particularly nice to be in close proximity to each other. My goal would be to share ideas and get/give feedback on layouts. I don't mind any comments in the main gallery, no need to PM me unless you wish.
My time is somewhat limited (you will see, I am a slow scrapper due to this!) But, I will hope to be a contributing member of the group.
I look forward to learning more about each of you and seeing your galleries!
Thanks for starting this up, Candi!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch
In response to ChicagoMom

YA! I'm glad you decided to join us - welcome!

luciscraper
Angel
luciscraper
In response to DLynch

Hi! I have only been scrapping for a year and a half, I love others input on my LO's and would be interested in this group.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to luciscraper

Welcome, ladies! Glad to have you!

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Krista - You are so LUCKY - you have access to the most supplies in the entire city - WINDYCITY has it ALL! Glad to have you on board!

Luci~scraper - I love your gallery, for only scrapping for just over a year, you have some pretty amazing stuff!

I promise to stop by and visit everyone's gallery today. Happy Friday!

DLynch
DLynch 
Governor
DLynch

welcome!

ChicagoMom
Expert
ChicagoMom
In response to DLynch

Hi everyone! My kids have been on school break all week--so time is really limited--but I hope to get to all your galleries over the weekend! Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Have a great day--the weather is supposed to finally be nice on Sunday! Take Care, Krista

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to ChicagoMom

Good morning ladies! I saw some of you posted in my gallery already! I have not been able to read them but I will get to it today!

Welcome!!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan

I'm still trying to drum up some business. How many people do you think we need in order to get rolling?
--Shel--

Page 1 of 173 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics