Page 1 of 222 
Username Post: The Scrap Fasters        (Topic#1399991)
scrapbookbuzz
Diva
scrapbookbuzz

I recently discovered that I have ALOT more sb supplies than I realized and so now have placed a challenge on myself to ONLY use stock on hand...for at least the next two month or until I've at least whittled down to half of what I already have.

Any one else feel they need to give their checking account a break and use what you already have? (I'm serious about this, to all of you who are think sarcastically, "Good luck with that."
:-D )

Who'll join me in this?

I plan on posting each layout made with stuff I already have as of today January 19, 2007.

Edited by scrapbookbuzz on 02-16-07 02:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 01-19-07 07:13 AM
In response to scrapbookbuzz

I think there are a couple of challenges going on doing that in the challenge area. I'm still new so I don't have enough stuff to go on a spending freeze yet.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to MrsVo

I am spending on more supplies...

candyx
candyx 
Resident
candyx

I agree with you on this one it can be addicting and you have to be careful in what and why you are buying something. I started with this of saying to myself if its not on sale and you really don't need it don't buy it so far that has been working.

cns1986
Tenant
cns1986
In response to candyx

I'm on a pretty strict budget, so I try to be as thrifty and creative as possible. I know how it feels, but watching your supplies dwindle forces you to get creative and actually you probably will come up with better LOs because you have to think about them more (at least, I have found that). But go to the clearance aisles in Target, Wal-Mart, Michael's, online...that's what I have to do.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to cns1986

I definitely have been doing this! Before I had my son and became an at home mom, I had no budget to speak of. If I liked it, I bought it. Now I love that I can curl up in my scrap room and go and go without worrying about running out of stuff.

AnniesSS
Idol
AnniesSS
In response to cns1986

I've stopped myself from buying more paper and embellies - I have a bunch and find myself using the newer stuff then the items I bought a longer time ago. I think that even the "not so nice" items can look good with some creativity (as mentioned above) and with some nice cardstock

I'm so with you on this one.... this weekend is not going to be a nice one, so off to the scraproom I go!

Scraps4Two
Expert
Scraps4Two
In response to petergabrielfan

I'll join you on this "challenge"! It is actually one of my new year resolutions. I too have so much stuff that I could probably scrap for an entire year and never have to buy one thing (not even adhesive!) The only thing I HAVE to buy is a new trimmer (I bought a purple cow but i am returning it) So other than that purchase I will not be buying any more paper, ribbon, ink, stamps, etc...for at least six months.
Oh... i should say that I spent a gift certificate on sb stuff over christmas...but that is what my MIL gave it to me for...so that doesn't count...and it was BEFORE Jan. 1st!!

GinaF
GinaF 
Expert
GinaF
  • GinaF on 01-19-07 07:54 AM
In response to AnniesSS

Ha! yeah, I'm with you on it, only sort of. I'm getting monthly kits from my scrapbook company, so other than that, I am going to not buy anything. I was just going through my old papers this am trying to see what I will still use (I have LOTS) and what I can get rid of. I'm part of the swap mart, too...so hopefully I can pass some of my paper there that I know I won't use but someone else might love!

haha, I think part of it is falling in love again with what I already have. ;

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to Scraps4Two

Oh man...pp was my weakness for so long. I bought so much of it that I honestly don't even look at the paper when I'm out. What are everyone else's weak spots??

Scraps4Two
Expert
Scraps4Two

I'm right there with you on pp! I too have so much that i know i will never use. Going to find someone to donate it too. I am also addicted to chipboard and pretty much anything that is on sale!

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan

My crop group and I donate our extra stuff (stuff we know we'll never use) to the children's hospital.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Oh my goodness!! I have deff. noticed that!! Especialle when I was considering building MORE shelves!!!! And I said, NO!!!! I am not building more shelves!! I have to use what I have. So, I am not allowed to buy any more things for sb'n for a WHILE!!

JenKaMus
Guru
JenKaMus

my weakness is paper too! I'm with you on this challenge, i really need to use up what i have for a couple reasons - 1) more money to go towards us buying a house, and 2) less i'll have to move when we do get a house!

I'm going to try and use up old supplies, go through my PP and try and use up those papers I didnt really think i'd use (i got a lot of the paper stacks) and actually use them on cards, or on layouts themselves.

petergabrielfan
Queen
petergabrielfan
In response to JenKaMus

I have been on purge mode too. I can barely find an uncluttered place to scrap, and I keep accumulating more. I could have crop parties for a year with 10 people and still have stuff. Some of it is so old and not my style that I dontated, other stuff I put in a box for DS to create with when he's a little older. Some of it I'm just using. I find I'm a real sucker for "specific" patterened paper (Christmas, birthday, etc) and then the plainer ones like plaids and polka dots just sit. I am trying to use those up because I have SO many. I don't buy the stacks now for that reason--I use up the cool ones and let the others collect dust.

AnniesSS
Idol
AnniesSS

• JenWalsh Said:
I'm right there with you on pp! I too have so much that i know i will never use. Going to find someone to donate it too. I am also addicted to chipboard and pretty much anything that is on sale!

If you PM scrapbfly (I'm going to double check her screen name), she accepts donations for her scrap class at her school. I just sent her a bunch of stuff!!

Also, there's another neighbor who has a breast cancer auction of scrap suppies... she raised (I think) $14k last year! I'm gonna go check on their names now

Edit - Ok, it's {scrapbfly} and I can't find the other woman's name

Edited by AnniesSS on 01-19-07 10:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tufano79
Idol
tufano79

• scrapbookbuzz Said:
I recently discovered that I have ALOT more sb supplies than I realized and so now have placed a challenge on myself to ONLY use stock on hand...for at least the next two month or until I've at least whittled down to half of what I already have.

Any one else feel they need to give their checking account a break and use what you already have? (I'm serious about this, to all of you who are think sarcastically, "Good luck with that."
:-D )

Who'll join me in this?

I plan on posting each layout made with stuff I already have as of today January 19, 2007.

I'm with you!!! I so need to use what I have before I order more! Good idea!

Hugs, Josie

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to tufano79

I also want to use up the stuff I have before I buy more, but my focus for the year is on reducing my HUGE pile of scraps. Before I look at my pp or cs collection, I check first to see if there's a scrap that works.

Cindy

suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut
In response to tufano79

I'm just addicted to anything that's on sale or clearance. Everytime I go to HL, M', J's or a LSS, just because its on clearance I think about getting it w/o specifically needing it....I can't explain it.

For example after xmas when all the xmas stuff was 66%off at HL..I bought so much..am I working on a xmas layout? NO! Am I working on a xmas album? NO! So why did I buy the stuff, I don't know I guess for the one time I will have some xmas layouts...I'm such a sucker for sales!

Edited by suznut22 on 01-19-07 10:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to AnniesSS

• AnniesSS Said:
  • JenWalsh Said:

If you PM scrapbfly (I'm going to double check her screen name), she accepts donations for her scrap class at her school. I just sent her a bunch of stuff!!

Also, there's another neighbor who has a breast cancer auction of scrap suppies... she raised (I think) $14k last year! I'm gonna go check on their names now

Edit - Ok, it's {scrapbfly} and I can't find the other woman's name

debman?

Page 1 of 222 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics