Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: QuicKutz Silhouette        (Topic#1402923)
Borboleta
Tenant
Borboleta

Has anyone tried QuicKutz 's new Silhouette machine yet? I was going to buy the Revolutions machine but then I saw this...

sugarcrystalz
Diva
sugarcrystalz
In response to Borboleta

I don't think it's out yet, is it? It was just released...

The shapes that come with it are REALLY cute, I'd love to have it.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to sugarcrystalz

The new Wishblade is 100% better.

Solar Power Girl
Resident
Solar Power Girl
In response to IRWscrapper

Could you tell me why, scrappingjaycee?
I am considering buying one of them.
Well, the pink color IS very tempting... really..
but Silhouette is cheaper.

Tell me tell me!

Is
Is 
New Kid On the Block
Is
  • Is on 02-07-07 07:59 AM
In response to Solar Power Girl

I would love to know the difference between the Silhouette and the Wishblade . All the imformation I can find seems to say that the Wishblade is difficult to use.. but I am totally clueless about either.. HELP!!
Isobel

JillMPerego
Expert
JillMPerego
In response to Is

I would like everyone to list their pros and cons about Wishblade , Craft Robo and Silhouette..
What do you like..but more important..what do you not like?

Craft Robo is cheaper than the other 2..at least on Ebay..$290-$330..
So come on guys tell us whats the difference?

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to JillMPerego

I am also very curious, I too am wanting to purchase an electronic cutter to hook to my computer. I have all the systems alot of money invested. Love my cricut but many times I would love more options of welding my script letters etc. TIA

JillMPerego
Expert
JillMPerego
In response to creater1

BTT

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

• scrappingjaycee Said:
The new Wishblade is 100% better.

Yes, why?!

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to Jewelybean

The Wishblade can auto trace, weld words, cut clip art, cut your own designs and its pink.

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean

What do you mean by "auto trace"? You can cut ANY shape with the Silhouette, you just have to know how to make text an object (to weld the letters) and play around with it a little bit. So you can cut clip art and your own designs as well.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

I woudl like to see a run down too.

The Silhouette is out. It was relased at CHA and stores started receiving them at the end of that week. I have tried it and I have seen all 50 shapes cut out--they are very nice and intricate.

MSRP is $369. It comes with 50 shapes. Youc an weld words in another program like photoshop or Corel adn import it into the Silhouette software and it will cut it. Replacement blades are about $50. Don't know how often ytou need to replace them. You can cut items up to 8" in diameter since it cuts on 8.5x11" paper.

That is what I know about it so far. Plus, since it is from QK, you know you will get good customer service if there ever is a problem, unlike the CS for Cricut.

Tomorrow I am going to be trained on the Silhouette and Pazzles. I will try to post everything I find out. I want to make an educated purchase as well, with real info, not just people's statements that one thing is better than another. I want evidence! LOL

Edited by chococatgirls on 02-18-07 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

• scrappingjaycee Said:
The Wishblade can auto trace, weld words, cut clip art, cut your own designs and its pink.

As far as I know, only the "new" Wishblade can do welding and that one is not shipping to any stores until March. At least thatis what the lady at the Xyron booth at CHA told me while she was demo-ing it to me.

IRWscrapper
Expert
IRWscrapper
In response to Jennifer Priest

Yes, It will be shipped out in march. I will get trained on the new Wishblade next week. There is a CD that you can get for the blue Wishblade that will do everything like the pink machine.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

What size of paper fits in the Silhouette? 12x12 or 6x12 like the Cricut?

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Capucine

Silhouette takes 8.5x11.

sugarcrystalz
Diva
sugarcrystalz
In response to Jennifer Priest

• chococatgirls Said:
Silhouette takes 8.5x11.

ugh.. that just sold me on the WB...

Jewelybean
Idol
Jewelybean
In response to sugarcrystalz

• sugarcrystalz Said:
  • chococatgirls Said:
Silhouette takes 8.5x11.

Why? What does the WB take? I'm in love w/my Silhouette! And you can sneak 8.5x12 in.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Is

I recently ordered a Silhouette from QVC and just got it the other day. Haven't really gotten the opportunity to use it yet but did play around with it a little bit the other day. I did do some research and here is what I know about it. The software is compatible with Vista although you have to go to the QuicKutz website and downdoad the software. The silhouette can cut patterned patter, most cardstock, vellum, iron on transfer paper, magnetic paper, vinyl, wood paper and sticker paper. It accepts paper up to 8 1/2" x 11". Images can be customize to different sizes ranging from 1/4" to 8" tall. It can cut images up to 39" in lenght. You can also import images and use the software to create your own image to be cut. You can draw your own shapes too. You can rotate and flip images and remove or rotate cut lines with the software. If you want to find some images that you can download (at a price)you can go to http://www.dicutscrapbooking.com/Silhouette/Silhoutte- D... With the Silhouette , if you would rather have a drawn image instead of a cut image you can use the ballpoint pen adapter. Replacement blades cost $44.99 and replacement mats $24.99. I read from one user that the blades lasted her up to 5 months and she used the machine almost every day. The booklet that comes with the machine leaves something to be desired. Not very clear. I found the user manual that came with the software and the website to be more helpful. That is about all I know about this machine at this time. Hope this helps.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

• Jewelybean Said:
  • sugarcrystalz Said:
  • chococatgirls Said:
Silhouette takes 8.5x11.

Why? What does the WB take? I'm in love w/my Silhouette! And you can sneak 8.5x12 in.

You can actually put something in up to 30' long but I have not done it yet. If you run it through the Xyron 900 and put the entire roll of backing on a piece of paper (don't know where you'd find paper that big) then you can do it. You can also define custom sizes if you want. I made a 8.5x12 custom size so I can get the most out of my paper.

Don;t know what Wishblade can do as far as paper size that Silhouette can't....

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics