Username Post: North Dakota        (Topic#1406137)
scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I'm wondering if there's anyone here from North Dakota. I lived in the Grand Forks area for 4 yrs. This past fall we vacationed there so my son could see where he was born. I just started scrapbooking and now I'm looking for some fun UND/Fighting Sioux/North Dakota stickers or embellishments to add to our vacation pages. Does anyone know where I could call to get some? I've looked all over the place online with no luck.

Thanks for your help.

Soupermom
Pro
Soupermom
In response to scrappindmbfan

Hey there. I'm a ND chick. I don't know if I can help you w/ the UND stuff since I'm a NDSU grad.

Does UND sell anything in their campus store???

Maybe try calling the Scrapnook in Fargo to see if they have anything. I know they had some school/college stuff but I can't remember if there was any UND stuff. Someone told me there was a store in the Moorhead Center Mall but I don't know the name or if it's even still there.

I know the Ben Franklin in Fargo had college stuff but they closed their doors in October. Too bad, too. They had rows of scrapbook stuff.

quinnfamily1229
New Kid On the Block
quinnfamily1229

I hope that this helps you for a low-cost alternative until you find embellies, etc. I am originally from N.Dak., and I found that this is one of the places difficult to find scrapping supplies related to there. If you search on 'Google Images'for Fighting Sioux or University of ND, you will find many images of the logo, 'Fighting Sioux', campus, pics, sporting events, and probably more than you can imagine. We use that search engine often to pull up images, print them on card stock, re-colorize them with markers, mount them with 3-D Dots, and voila, instant images. Hope that helps as a stop-gap.

KarenR
KarenR 
Guru
KarenR
In response to Soupermom

• Soupermom Said:
Someone told me there was a store in the Moorhead Center Mall but I don't know the name or if it's even still there.

It is called K & Kraft and they carry lots of local sports papers at least...high schools & colleges, so probably have UND as well.

leslie51926
New Kid On the Block
leslie51926
In response to KarenR

Hi!
I'm new to scrapbooking and just started when my friend started selling "close to my heart" products. I am so in love with all of the paper choices and stickers etc... I went into K&K Crafts in mhc mall and was shaking from all the colors! LOL
I have 2 girls, Hailey is 12 and Hannah is 5. I am mostly scraping new photos as I have a new camera and take it everywhere and am alot better at taking pictures. In the early days of being a mom I would take a ton of pictures on my "old school" camera but they aren't as thoughtful as the ones I take now! LOL Now when the girls do something I'm like "I could scrap that!" LOL
I'm totally hooked!
I look forward to getting to know you all!
Go Bison! LOL Sorry Sioux fan.. I couldn't resist!
Leslie :-)

Soupermom
Pro
Soupermom
In response to leslie51926

Hey Leslie, I'm from Bis. I went to SU. I've been to K&Krafts twice. I like their Bazzill CS selection. Don't forget to visit the Scrapnook on S Univ if you like printed paper.

leslie51926
New Kid On the Block
leslie51926
In response to Soupermom

I live really close to the Scrapnook. That is such a cute little store. So far I just shop the two and haven't been to Micheal's or Hobby Lobby etc... for supplies.
Leslie

SueBStamps
Veteran
SueBStamps

Try the UND Bookstore online. They sell the usual clothing, mugs, glassware, etc. but I think I've seen other stuff there too. Good luck.

Let's go Sioux!

SueBStamps (transplant to SE Texas)

angela624
Resident
angela624
In response to SueBStamps

I'm pretty sure K&K crafts in Moorhead does have a section for high schools, and colleges...you can definitely call and ask if they have anything for UND, they are really nice. I doubt Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Jo'Ann's will have anything like that, but you can call and try. I live in Fargo and shop quite often at these places, at least once a week, haha.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics