Page 1 of 649 
Username Post: Hard Core Critique group!!! ---"CLOSED"        (Topic#1412503)
Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

Welcome to all those who dare ENTER!! I am looking to start a Critique group with HARD CORE members!

I guess what I am trying to say is that I am really looking to improve on my scrapbooking, through techniques and creativeness, so I welcome anyone who is up for CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM, to give and receive it! So this is open to ANYONE who feels the same.

The goal of this group would be to follow a teacher's old-fashioned writing system (Yes, I am a teacher!) Which means that each time you are asked to comment on a LO, you must use two checks and a star:

A check is something you would fix.
A star is something you really love.

It is wonderful to receive the love attached to your uploaded LOs - but sometimes I am looking for more. I want to know where I can improve, how I can grow! If you feel this way..then you would be a great addition to the group! I am also hunting for a few experts...that can guide us along the way!

Please say you are up for this CHALLENGE, of sorts!

Can't wait to hear from you!

ACTIVE MEMBERS TO DATE:
Scrap Candy
brigid16
PamFSU29
Caribbean~girl
Outsidechic
Shelstan
scraprabbit
katscans55

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Scrap Candy

Here's a little more about me:

As a scrapbooker:
I have been scrapping for about three years now.
I have become an addict - I buy everything I can get my hands on!
I love to spend hours organizing my supplies.
I love to spend hours designing sketches (hand drawn, of course!)
I love Creating Keepsakes , and can't wait for them to arrive in my mailbox.
I love using ribbons, brads, and acrylics!

As a person:
I am married with two kids; 6 and 8 (one of each)
My DH is my highschool sweetheart.
I am a third grade teacher, who tries to keep up with work and home, and still juggle my passion of scrapping!
I am born and raised Chicago-style, but have deep southern roots from my family tree.
I love genealogy.
I'll take 1,000+ pics on a single trip.

I would love to scrap 24/7

brigid16
Diva
brigid16

I would really love to join the group. I know great layouts when I see them but I struggle with mine sometimes. Are we going to post the responses or send them through PM's?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to brigid16

Glad to have you! I am really hoping to spark some interest in this! I look forward to growing with you!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

I would like to give this a try. I love the love...but sometimes would like something a little "more".

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Nancy Keslin

I would be interested in joining this group, I would like more than love on some of my pages too.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to PamFSU29

Welcome Pam, Nancy, and Brigid! So glad to have you! Please feel free to tell us whatever you want us to know about you!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hey Candi, I do have a question. Do we need to post a certain amount of layouts per week/month to be Critiqued?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Hi! I'm Nancy. I have been married for 14 years and I am a stay at home/homeschooling mom to 3 wonderful children. I have been scrapping for 12 years. I have an addiction to scrapbook supplies and have become quite the collector! It is time I break out some of those beautiful goodies and put them to use!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin

Oh, that is a good question Lousia!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i like the sound of this group, and I have been timid to do this because everyone is so nice in crits that I hate that, it big pet peeve of mine from college all i ever wanted to here was what i could improve on not oh i like this and that. but I don't want people to hate me, either. I have yet to post any lo but i can and will, is there a required number to submit?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to cruiselover

• caribbean~girl Said:
Hey Candi, I do have a question. Do we need to post a certain amount of layouts per week/month to be Critiqued?

Good question, Louisa! I don't think we need the stress of keeping up with a certain amount of LOs. This is a growing experience...not a challenge.

I know that pressure to complete something can be staining - and that is not my goal. It is just to improve!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Okay Candi, I'm in! Are there going to be a limit number of people in this group? And, I think this is correct, do I post layouts on this thread that I want help on? Or do we open up an album? Sorry for all the questions?

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy

I would say to just post the LOs - no need to create an album, don't you think? As for members, Let's try it out with no more than 10-15 ( I am optomistic !) because daily life can be tough, and sometimes members leave.

I will post our names on the front page and type full when we reach the limit of members wanted. Sound good?

For everyone: Feel free to tell us what you want us to know, including the name you want used in the group, to identify you!

Some of us have met before, but just in case!
I am glad everyone likes the "rule" about the two checks and a star! Warms a teacher's heart! I am off to add those names to the top!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Hello, I will introduce myself.

I'm Louisa. I will be married for 3 years in May.
I've been scrapbooking for about 4 years now.
I scrap mostly me and dh, trips, games, Disneyland, and my sweet little nephew. I have an album just for him. Although, I have another little neice/nephew on the way. This one is due at the end of May, so I will be able to start another album for that little one! (I'm excited about that).
I usually don't go crazy and spend $100's of dollar on scrapbooking supplies . Actually, I never have.
My favorite scrapbooking stuff right now is patterned paper , buttons and flowers.
Elsie Flannigan and Jamie Waters are my two favorite scrapbookers right now. I often will get my inspiration from them.
I also love my Creating Keepsakes magazine! It's my favorite and I too can't wait to see it in my mailbox. At one point (a few years ago), I hounded the poor mailman for my magazine!
Goals:
One problem I have is I buy stuff and don't use it right away. It just sits there. And now, I'm trying to use my old stuff first. It doesn't really make sense why I do this because it then gets outdated. So, one of my goals is to use my new stuff as I get it and use up my older stuff that I actually still like.
I'm looking to improve my pages. Sometimes I get "stuck" and don't really have anyone to ask. It would be nice to have an honest opinion before I glue any of it down!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i just posted some of my layouts in my gallery. And I don't know how to get them in here, but there is only 6, so have at them.

I know I am favoring the film strip...and Im just starting out with embellies so there is noyhing more than paper, ink and glue in these lo.

hey how do i get the crit group link on my profile??

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to outsidechic

outsidechic: I pm'd you some directions on how to leave a link here for us to get to your gallery.

And if that wasn't overwhelming enough, I will be glad to tell you about the link on your profile!

Your LOs have the most important three things: photos, title, and journaling. Embellies will come with time, I left you some suggestions!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

test #2 I think i did it right this timemy lout

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to outsidechic

Hi girls! I am Pam, I have been married for 2 1/2 years, but tomorrow is mine and DH's 8 year being together anniversary! We have a 19 month old daughter, who you will be seeing a lot of, she is what I scrap the most! We are in Las Vegas, but are moving back to FL(the panhandle) in June, right before hurricane season

As for scrapping, right now I have been using lots of flowers cut from pp and buttons, and I am just transitioning to 8.5x11 from 12x12, so I will need lots of help on those pages!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to PamFSU29

oops, I forgot to say that I have been scrapping since November of 2005!

Page 1 of 649 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics