Page 4 of 649 
Username Post: Hard Core Critique group!!! ---"CLOSED"        (Topic#1412503)
Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Scrap Candy

Hey Tay! Your "FOUR" LO made it into the Favorites section! WTG!

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

Candi, I left you some input.

I print my own photos, too. I have an Epson-I-can't-remember-numbers photo printer. I love being able to print at any time and to re-print if I want a different crop or size. I buy the non name brand ink. It's available at 1/3 the price of the name brand stuff and makes home printing really cheap. Costco paper is also a great buy. If I were to get my pics printed at Costco, they'd use Costco paper.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to JaineParr

I really appreciate all of the love on my "GUY" LO - and I especially agree w/ the touch of green. Louisa, I adore that heart idea! I've given up for the day - it's time to hit the sack, and wake up Easter morn'...

HOPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to JaineParr

Hey Girls! Candi, I left you some comments too. I'm sorry, I really don't feel like I'm much of a help. I don't really have a "good eye".

I don't print my pictures at home, i use Costco or Kodak. We just have a cheap printer for basic stuff.

Here is a layout I have been working on and looking at for almost a week now. Nothing is permantely stuck, just the BG letter stickers, but I think I could remove them. I like to have journaling on my pages and I have journaling strips on this one. Any suggestions would be helpful. I think I like it the way it is. (Sorry if the journaling is a bit "mushy").
Cute Together

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to cruiselover

okay girls, left some comments, and here are 2 pages for you to check out:

Cheese-revised

Chopstick Fun

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to PamFSU29

Happy Easter girls!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Left comments for you all--great lo's!!!

Thank you for your support Candi!! I think my husband is going to share his computer with me in my scraproom!! I think that would be great, now if I can talk him in to it sometime this week, that would be wonderful. I have 4 lo's to be posted!!!

Have a great day!!!

Tina P
Tina P 
Diva
Tina P
In response to Tina P

BTW---I print out photos that have to be custom made!! Likt 2x2 or wallets things like that!!! I

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Tina P

Louisa and Pam great new LOs. I especially like how you both used journalling boxes.

I am off to pick up easter grass and egg shells..that the bunny left behind.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

Happy Easter girls! I bet you are going to take some great Egg Hunting pictures today!

Thanks for the comments on my page. I was a little unsure, I think I will leave it, I'm considering the ribbon or doodling.

Tina- Sometimes I want to have the perfect square pictures printed, like 4x4's and 2x2's. What photo program do you have?

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Hey Ladies. I read through this thread last night and was wondering if there is room for one more. I am new to SBing and as everyone else addicted. I struggled with the idea of joining a group such as this because I know my pages are not at the level of others. I do want to learn new techniques and "grow". I could use an experienced eye and input. I believe I come up with some really great ideas but when I sit to scrap them I either draw a blank or it never turns out the way I had it pictured in my head.
So I think I could really benefit from this qroup. Thanks

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to Monica Jo

Happy Easter girls, thanks for the love:)

Tina, I would love to know what photo program you use too! I always cut my pics to get the size I want, but I would love being able to print them in the size I want.

Hi Monica!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to PamFSU29

I think I am gonna have to back out of this group. I am just not sure I am going to have the time to devote!

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity.

Scrap Candy
Mayor
Scrap Candy
In response to Nancy Keslin

Nancy! We will be so sad to see you go!
and...
Monica, welcome!

I guess I have had my fun this week, but it is time to head back into reality! Spring Break has come to an end...time for this teacher to hit the books and grade some papers!

I'll be around daily, in the evenings, checking in and out!

Keep up the good work, girls!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo

Thanks for the welcoming. I will be posting more about myself tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

JaineParr
Veteran
JaineParr

• caribbean~girl Said:
Happy Easter girls! I bet you are going to take some great Egg Hunting pictures today!

Thanks for the comments on my page. I was a little unsure, I think I will leave it, I'm considering the ribbon or doodling.

Tina- Sometimes I want to have the perfect square pictures printed, like 4x4's and 2x2's. What photo program do you have?

I'm not Tina, but this might help. First, you use any graphic editing application and crop your photo to be square. A photo printer must be set to not impose it's own dimensions and crop your photo again to get it back to 4x6 proportion, or 8x10 or whatever. Some printers will let you do this, some won't. Check the manual. Or, you can insert your cropped photo into a Word document and adjust the size to be what you want using the margins as guides for actual as opposed to on-screen size. Then print the document.

I've used both systems. It depends on which printerI'm using. The Word system lets me know exactly how large the photo will be with no guesswork, the printer system is more comvenient for me, but my pics aren't always exactly the size I expect.

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy
In response to JaineParr

Splash
I really like how this one turned out... but please feel free to offer any suggestions!!

Zoo

Pals

This last one, I'm not real sure that I like. Not sure what is wrong.
Play Time
Thanks!

PamFSU29
Mayor
PamFSU29
In response to cathyy

Thanks for the info on the resizing the pictures!!!

Left you some comments Cathy!

Monica Jo
Diva
Monica Jo
In response to PamFSU29

Ok here is a bit about me:

I have been scrap booking for just under a year. I fell in love and now completely addicted.
We added on to our home and I have completely taken over the room that was going to be his “MAN ROOM” for all my supplies. (hey he has his shop for his tools LOL)
I too love Creating Keepsakes Magazine. When this hobby took over my mind I subscribed to several mags but CK is the only one that I have renewed.
I am still learning new techniques but I tend to use a lot of torn paper and distressing so far. I really love metal work too.

I am a SAHM of 4 boys and also part time Interior Decorator Student.
I recently signed up with MemoryWorks as an Independent Scrapbook Consultant.
I pretty well love any kind of crafting.
Oh yeah and I am a major NASCAR fan.

That is about all I can think of right now.

Thanks for letting me share.

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Monica Jo

HI guys and girls! Are you still looking for a few good men (women) for your critique group? I am always looking for ways to improve my scrapping, although I have resigned myself to knowing that I scrap in a certain style and it's difficult to change that style. I'd love to join if you'll have me!

Shelstan
Mayor
Shelstan
In response to Shelstan

Quick question for all of you...

I just gor back from Disney and I was wondering if anyone has any new, unique, different, unusual or suprising Disney supplies, techniques, or layout ideas! I've been there before and want this album to look different from the others, although the pics are pretty much the same! Any help would be appreciated!!

Page 4 of 649 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics