Page 2 of 400 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to JayAndXansMom

just got my cricut this morning and i'm loving every second of it, so this thread is really cool and is helping me a great deal! thanks gg!

i even have a tip already....LOL

13. instead of using the cricut scraper, i have the pampered chef scrapers that you use to scrap their stoneware and/or burnt on food on your pans. they are little, square and i swiped one from my kitchen sink to keep in my cricut box, works just like the cricut scraper itself!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Prettylolo

that is what I use too! lol!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to gg loves Matthew

cool!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-07-07 12:08 PM

Have you tried cutting a photo with your cricut? Use the pictures of snow to cut the word "snow",etc.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

hey that sounds like a fantastic idea! now, what number would you stick your needle on and the speed and pressure dials for a picture?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-08-07 01:09 AM

I think I read on the cricut message board that people do it on 3...all three dials.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

Wow! I am loving all the new ideas!!! Happy easter!!

scrappinpeach
Expert
scrappinpeach
In response to scrapbook girl

This is a great thread.
I love my Cricut more every day.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to scrappinpeach

thanks deb!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

this was posted by someone named Jane at another board..thanks Jane

14.This is a handy little tip that I learned at my LSS about how to make it easier to glue the letters on your layout. I hope I explain this so that it makes sense. First off you need the Scotch Removable Tape. The packaging is blue. You lay you word out exactly how you want it on your layout. Tear off a piece of tape a little longer than the length of the word. Lay the tape down over the word. Pick it up and turn it over, add your glue, then turn it over and place it down on the layout, pressing fairly firmly, then peel off the tape..Viola!!! Your hands never come in contact with the glue!!! Doing titles is not near the pain as it used to be. I have just started working on a baby album for a co-workers son and daughter in law and it has made this so much easier.Usually I just print out the title but this looks a whole lot better.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to gg loves Matthew

hmmm, that's different. i'll have to try that. would work fantastic for all those teensy weensy letters that i fumble with LOL

cathyy
cathyy 
Idol
cathyy

So have any of you actually been the ones to use the cricut to cut photos? That has been a question of mine since I got my cricut at christmas...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-09-07 04:35 PM
In response to cathyy

Just an FYI...info I got from the Cricut message board:

select cartridges on sale for $39.99. I don't have the sale in front of me and I don't remember exactly which ones. My boss says most likely they will put them all on sale though. Check it out at your local M's. Sale starts Sunday, April 15ht.

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to Huskymom

Marking my spot so that I can stay caught up on all the cool tips and tricks!

I myself use my Xyron X sticker maker for most small things. It makes layering a snap and titles come out clean. My baby bug saved my tooshie last week as the project I was attempting to make for my daughter's preK class was a miserable failure. I had one night to come up with something new. Two hours later I was done and the entire things cost all of $1.50!! I made the entire class a set of bookmarks (lamb and bunny) with a basket charm/tag with their names and a small bag of jelly beans. I whipped out all 24 that I needed in no time flat. Ali loved the idea when she saw them the next morning and she's been using her bookmarks in the new books she got from the Easter Bunny. I'll post a picture of them to my gallery once I find my brain again.

Edited by MissMoo214 on 04-09-07 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: Brain fell out-can't spell today!!

Deanna Marie
Diva
Deanna Marie

Thank you for the tips it's very useful!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Deanna Marie

Wow Jane! That is awesome! I never thought of doing that! You would probobly use repositionable tape, no?

mpetty
mpetty 
Veteran
mpetty
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
Just an FYI...info I got from the Cricut message board:

select cartridges on sale for $39.99. I don't have the sale in front of me and I don't remember exactly which ones. My boss says most likely they will put them all on sale though. Check it out at your local M's. Sale starts Sunday, April 15ht.

Woo hoo, thanks for the heads-up! I bought my bug at the last M's sale and am already itching for more cartridges.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to mpetty

Many off our creative stores are talking about selling them cheep...That is because they want to entice people to buy...it has not been selling as well as they wanted them to. With the new machine out they think that if people have the cart. then they are more likely to buy the new machine. So for us keep your eyes on all the stores that sell Cricut.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c

If you cut sticky paper check your blade. Just like scissors it can get gummed up.

***I cut thru pics and it worked ***
Place photo on lower corner set paper size...I made a tag. place all on 4 setting***

Edited by tina c on 04-12-07 04:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-10-07 10:38 AM
In response to tina c

although I'm not a huge fan of DCWV cardstock because of the white core, I do use the self-adhesive type with my bug when I need to cut a smaller size item. It makes it so easy to adhere!!

Page 2 of 400 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics