Page 3 of 400 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
although I'm not a huge fan of DCWV cardstock because of the white core, I do use the self-adhesive type with my bug when I need to cut a smaller size item. It makes it so easy to adhere!!

good point!

Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200
In response to Prettylolo

Never even thought about cutting a photo! What a great idea!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Booknook200

I'm thinking of buying a Cricut - I saw them at Walmart this morning for $125! I almost bought one on the spot, but my husband would kill me. (We've already had the talk about my scrapbook spending.)

I wanted to let everyone know, my Walmart had lots of Cricut cartridges for $39 on Clearance. I'm not sure of the names of the fonts (Sorry, I forgot to check.)

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-12-07 03:29 AM
In response to married05

Buy it!! Now!! You wont regret it and carts for $39...that's a steal!! My WM doesn't have them on clearance yet I keep checking although there are very few carts I don't have right now

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to Huskymom

...today I cut out vellum then used the negative space as a stencil.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
Buy it!! Now!! You wont regret it and carts for $39...that's a steal!! My WM doesn't have them on clearance yet I keep checking although there are very few carts I don't have right now

i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous

proud_auntie
Idol
proud_auntie

My sister came over last night and saw the new "addition" to my addiction and is soooooo jealous....

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to proud_auntie

Oooo after reading all these tips I really want one. Walmart had one cheap and I resisted the other day. Hmmmmmmmm feel willpower fading.....

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to luv to scrap

now, as you may know, i got my cricut plus one extra cartridge all for $200 total at ACM on friday because my anniversary is today and dh said i could get one if i considered it a gift from him. (i'll consider it to be whatever you want it to be dear LOL).

anyhow, i tell him this morning about the sales you are mentioning and he says "you can get one a month" and i thought about it and that seems fair. so i said, "well, if i go out and buy three, can i just not buy any for the next three months then???" LOL!

he laughed. but he never answered. LOL

proud_auntie
Idol
proud_auntie

sounds reasonable to me

scrappinpeach
Expert
scrappinpeach
In response to gg loves Matthew

• gg loves Matthew Said:
this was posted by someone named Jane at another board..thanks Jane

14.This is a handy little tip that I learned at my LSS about how to make it easier to glue the letters on your layout. I hope I explain this so that it makes sense. First off you need the Scotch Removable Tape. The packaging is blue. You lay you word out exactly how you want it on your layout. Tear off a piece of tape a little longer than the length of the word. Lay the tape down over the word. Pick it up and turn it over, add your glue, then turn it over and place it down on the layout, pressing fairly firmly, then peel off the tape..Viola!!! Your hands never come in contact with the glue!!! Doing titles is not near the pain as it used to be. I have just started working on a baby album for a co-workers son and daughter in law and it has made this so much easier.Usually I just print out the title but this looks a whole lot better.

I love this
Great tip
Thankyou!

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to scrappinpeach

I am super excited because my HL got all the new cartridges in except the Disney (yet to arrive at store). They are all REGULARLY priced at 59.99!! My dearest hubby has let me get all of them so far and said I can get the last two once they arrive. He figures that after this i will only need to buy adhesive and paper. I "bargined" with him by listing all the other things we will no longer be spending money on: Gift bags, Gift tags, greeting cards, scrapbook alphas of all types, tag embellishments, stickers, photo mats, bookmarks, "treats/give away goodies" for school parties, hostess gifts for swaps.....etc. AND I told him he can use it to make himself stencils for his woodburning projects!! This list might help give some of you that need it some bargining power of your own!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to MissMoo214

I have a Cricut but my sister is thinking of getting one. I saw that some of you said your Walmart had them, but St Joe does not.

I have 2 cartridges and am pretty satisfied with them for now.

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Booknook200
Expert
Booknook200
In response to djtobin

Arrghgh my Walmart doesnt have them on sale yet, I keep checking, lol. I want to see them go down a little bit more cuz I really want a new cartridge...maybe I can snag one from Michaels when they go on sale.

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to MissMoo214

• MissMoo214 Said:
I "bargined" with him by listing all the other things we will no longer be spending money on: Gift bags, Gift tags, greeting cards, scrapbook alphas of all types, tag embellishments, stickers, photo mats, bookmarks, "treats/give away goodies" for school parties, hostess gifts for swaps.....etc. AND I told him he can use it to make himself stencils for his woodburning projects!! This list might help give some of you that need it some bargining power of your own!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A GREAT STRAGETY!!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

You are welcome Scrappinpeach!

Deanna Marie
Diva
Deanna Marie
In response to Huskymom

I was wondering the same thing has anyone cut pictures with there Cricut yet? If so do you have any advice ?

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to Deanna Marie

17. Someone named Caroline posted this elsewhere

Here is the trick I used to line up my photos so the circle is cut where I want it to go:
I first used a scrap piece of paper that was the same size as the photo. I put it on the mat in the left rear corner and then moved the cutting edge to the top right corner and then hit the "set paper size" button. I then cut a circle on the scrap paper that matched my photo size. I then held up not the cirlce but the rest of the paper that had the circle cut out of it to my photo. I used this template to then determine where the cricut would cut the circle from the photo.
If I liked where the photo would be cut from the picture, then when I cut the picture I started the blade on the same spot on the right top corner of the photo when I pushed the "set paper size button.
If I wanted the circle to be cut down farther, then I started the blade farther down on the photo when I pushed the "set paper size" button.
If I wanted the circle to be cut higher on the photo, then I started the blade farther up then the edge of the paper before I pushed the "set paper size" button.
Once I got the hang of this method, it worked pretty well on detemining where the circle would be cut.
This method also could be used on pattern paper if you wanted to center a design on the paper in a cut out.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

Did everyone see that Michael's have their cartridges on sale - 39.99. I am planning on going there today at about 12:30. I hope they still have some left!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to djtobin

Note: Not ALL cartridges are on sale at Michael's... only select ones. Just FYI

Page 3 of 400 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics