Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to aquabunny

It is frayed at the edges and is jagged like someone just cut it. It is unraveling. With as much as I use my phone it would not matter.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to 950nancy

I got nuthin ($100 cash from my parents for DH & I but that's a SHARED present and will be spent on kiddo). Lots of love but no real gifts. I'm just fine with that since I buy stuff for myself all year and we have a rule in my family that only kids get bought for. No adults.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Seaexplore

That's how we do it to Tiff.
Having 3 grandkiddos gets expensive, especially because I like to spoil! Also, my oldest DGDs birthday is Dec 14, so her bday and Christmas for the 3 set me back $1000.
So no adult gifts here! Not like any of us need anything anyway.
How old is your little cutie now?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ChansGram

Ah, see, there are no kids in my family - no kids of my own, no nieces or nephews on my side (and my husband is an only child) - at 31, I'm the youngest in my family, so the nine of us continue to do the heck out of adult gifts. The two of us were able to gift eleven people (my parents, his parents, my four siblings, my brother's fiancee, and two good friends of mine) for under $450 combined across everyone (and everyone got spoiled - we didn't skimp).

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to aquabunny

My dh gave me a gc to M's and my sis bought me a ton of Authentic paper. I also got gears from another sis. So a pretty good Christmas for me!

We say no gifts for hubby and I but I always buy him something and buys me a little something too. Nothing too elaborate. Trish, I understand! I have four LOL. Since money was a little tighter, I stayed below my budget and they were happy which made me happy

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to HisGEM

My little monkey is almost 17 months! She's growing so fast.

I'm planning on busting out my Cricut (gasp!) to make a "playroom rules" canvas.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Seaexplore

I only give small gifts to the grandchildren and children I see for the holiday. Gift giving is saved for their birthdays.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to dotfree

got quiet around here again!! Just stop by to say HI!!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

I agree- I just don't think we are buying as much as we were.
I was happy with my digital version of Jolly Holidays for $15- still feels strange to not have an actual cartridge! I'll get over it!
I've been watching the site and there are several for $15- I may go ahead and get another!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I think you are right! And it seems as if a lot of people have moved on I am waiting for something to purchase. I still have a credit in my account and it has been there for months!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

I would love to use up my points- wish they'd let us redeem those for digital content! Wouldn't that be nice!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

I forgot about the rewards points I have about 2000 of those...guess I better go check out what is on there....

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to HisGEM

Just an update for anyone with a Gypsy. I emailed them about linking the cartridges. Here was their reply.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

At this time those cartridges that are linked to the Gypsy cannot be linked to the Craft Room. We will soon announce how you will be able to transfer all the cartridges that are linked to your Gypsy to your Cricut.com account in one simple action or linking the digital cartridges to your Gypsy.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to 950nancy

Nancy, so it's sounds like an either or deal. Not cool.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to ChansGram

Agree, not cool at all. I am very disappointed in Provo craft.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Unique scrapper

And what is soon? This month or this year? Businesses and scrappers have two different ideas about soon.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to 950nancy

Hello girls!

Yes, I know it's been awhile (all of forever) since I've last posted or visited these parts.

However, I come bearing both questions & comments.

1. Where are we purchasing carts from these days? (That is, for those that are actually still purchasing carts).

2. Creativexpress closed down (in Mar 2012)...and DiecutCentral has since become DiecutMachine.com?...For the life of me, I can't remember the names of any others!

3. Is it worth it to purchase carts off of cricut.com/cricutcraftroom?

4. Is there an expiration date on any of the Cricut points or are they valid indefinitely? (Which by the way, I've never ever used any, so I should have a LOT!)

5. Is Joanns a good place to try (in store/during a sale/with a coupon, that is, if allowed?)

6. Can carts still be found at Walmart?...Perhaps, even on clearance?

7. Does anyone else here have buyers remorse from investing so much darn money into their Cricut...(when all along I could have just purchased a Silhouette, like my neighbor did way back when/before they were are the rage!?)

I think that pretty much covers it. Oh & btw, I'm in search of both the Winnie the Pooh & Hello Kitty Salutations carts, if you happen to know where to look.

Please & Thank You for your comments & or any help towards enabling encouraging me in my hunting!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to KellyCali

Hi Kelly,
Haven't "seen" you in awhile, but it is pretty dead in this neck of the woods lately!
That is a lot of questions! here goes with my 2 cents!

1.I can't remember the last time I bought a actual cart. The only one I still look at (and I don't know why) is CricutMachine.
2.As stated above-CricutMachine, it's all I got at the moment!
3.I think the Cricut site itself has some good deals, but I don't know about shipping costs.
4.I have never heard of our point expiring, but who says they won't do away with the reward program?? That's my fear- they will take it away before I get to use my hard earned points.
5.J's has a good selection and decent prices when on sale, no coupons allowed ever!
6.I think Walmarts vary, but at mine- it's only the Lite cartridges and they do clearance them out but at $20-that's not a great clearance to me.
7.I do not have buyers remorse, I should...but I don't! Thankfully, because there's a lot of money sitting here!! I always am able to justify it- I don't drink,smoke,gamble,go to movies,buy clothes, expensive shoes or purses,etc... my DGD's and my hobby is where my spare money goes.

As far as finding carts you want and can't- my suggestion is going digital. I am not a fan of this new method, but I think it is going to become the norm with Cricut. I have been using CCR quite a bit lately. They give free cuts, sometimes full carts, this week it is Create a Critter, but also their digital content goes on sale for a decent price. Last month they had a bunch of Lite cartridges for $11.
It feels weird to pay for the cart and not physically have it, which is why I hesitated, but then thought, what's the difference, as long as I can cut with it!! You pay and it gets loaded into your account, when you open up the software, it's there for you to use. Pretty easy and not a bad idea, I guess! Good luck!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to ChansGram

Thank You for taking the time to respond to my questions Trish!

That was very helpful indeed!

I appreciate it immensely!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I think I'm going to dedicate some time this week to counting up my points & finally cashing them in. Maybe it will get me what I want or need for free/or at least offset the higher shipping costs.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics