Page 4 of 400 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to janet28rn

I found that out when I got there - thanks for correcting that!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to djtobin

18. Since Cricut does not cut chipboard I have read elsewhere that people are using cereal boxes and Cricut cuts that just fine. Here are the settings if you cut cereal boxes Blade: 6 Speed: 3 Pressure: 5

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to gg loves Matthew

That # 18 is a great tip I need to try today...Thanks GG

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to tina c

gg, i always love your avies, he IS hot and i enjoy looking at him. tfs! LOL!

when do you put the speed up high on your cricut? i cut through thick cardstock yesterday and it cut it but i think i may haev had the speed too high because some of the letters were still attached and i had to pop them out. i had the pressure on high and the needle on 6. what did i do wrong? or is my blade getting dull already? how do we know when our blade is getting dull? what signs do we look for?

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to Prettylolo

• Prettylolo Said:

when do you put the speed up high on your cricut? i cut through thick cardstock yesterday and it cut it but i think i may haev had the speed too high because some of the letters were still attached and i had to pop them out. i had the pressure on high and the needle on 6. what did i do wrong? or is my blade getting dull already? how do we know when our blade is getting dull? what signs do we look for?

Yes the speed was to high I would say...The blades last a long time. But if the blade is moving to fast it does not have a chance to cut thru the entire CS.

proud_auntie
Idol
proud_auntie
In response to tina c

Good Morning Girls... I got 4 more cartridges this weekend... Now I have George, Tear Drop, Jasmine, Base Camp and All Mixed Up... I love them!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-16-07 05:45 AM
In response to proud_auntie

I always keep my blade speed at 5 unless I am cutting vellum and I usually only cut Bazzill cardstock with it and have no problems

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-16-07 05:46 AM
In response to proud_auntie

• proud_auntie Said:
Good Morning Girls... I got 4 more cartridges this weekend... Now I have George, Tear Drop, Jasmine, Base Camp and All Mixed Up... I love them!

Awesome! did you get them from Michael's, on sale? I have all of those carts and love them! All Mixed Up is my favorite font!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• Prettylolo Said:
gg, i always love your avies, he IS hot and i enjoy looking at him. tfs! LOL!

thanks I love lookin at my avi's too! I definately agree

ok if you look in your user manual page 14, there is a spped adjustment chart that explains what numbers to use for the type paper you are cutting

and here is the tip part...

19. go through your user manual and make a copy of all the setting charts and glue them all on to one piece of paper or cardboard and keep it next to your bug for easy reference.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to gg loves Matthew

hey, that's a good tip gg! thanks! i'm gonna do that this evening since i'm feeling yucky and don't wana do anything anyway. i told my dh about the woodmaking "tip" earlier in this thread and he was wow'd by it, he never thought about that. neither did i and i explained to him about being able to make all tags, boxes, etc. and he's really excited i have that now. this is so cool. i am like the most humbled person on the face of the earth for having such an awesome piece of equipment! LOL i'm cheesey, i know LOL.

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

HI

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to djtobin

i actually made my very own first card!
AND i got to use my cricut! wow, it was easy! check it out....

My first card!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin

very nice

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-17-07 10:33 AM
In response to djtobin

Your card looks great, Lolo! I have been making tons of cards since getting my bug! They are so easy with it!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to Huskymom

I got one today. I knew my willpower would fade. I love all these tips. I've done one title with shadow and cut a few flowers. It's pretty easy so far. Now I'm on the hunt for cheap carts.

DMH
DMH 
New Kid On the Block
DMH
  • DMH on 04-17-07 05:49 PM
In response to luv to scrap

Thanks for all the tips!

MissMoo214
Expert
MissMoo214
In response to DMH

Glad to know that the bargining is working for some of you. My hubby actually used my Cricut before I did and burned a dog tag, that he added USMC to the center of, onto his work bench. He wishes we would have bought one sooner as he did his own military scrapbook and now wants to change things after he saw the Base Camp cartridge. LOL!! I am so lucky as he's let me get all the cartridges so far. The only ones I'm missing are the new Disney as they are not in store yet out here. He's also trying to think of ways to use it for stencils for airbrushing onto his model cars. We/He loves classic cars and he builds models as a hobby. I got him a really top of the line airbrush set but he hasn't been able to use it yet. It's calling his name he says. If he comes up with any uses for the "Bug" and airbrushing, I'll let you all know.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to MissMoo214

wow. airbrushing. who would've thunk it.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

um, i opened up a cricut letter/punctuation swap and a cricut shape swap if anyone is interested since we all own cricuts. gg, hope you don't mind me putting this in here. if so, delete it or tell me and i will. smooches.

Edited by Prettylolo on 04-18-07 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappikat
Diva
Scrappikat
In response to JayAndXansMom

Thanks for the tips!

Page 4 of 400 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics