Page 5 of 400 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
SlaveSis
Expert
SlaveSis
In response to JayAndXansMom

Thank you for all the tips. I have just gotton my Cricut so I am playing with it a lot but love it so far!!!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to SlaveSis

One thing I have noticed with my Cricut is that you have to really change the settings to cut with the Jasmine font. I started out with George and cardstock and had no trouble. When I did the same with Jasmine I had to really turn down the speed and lower the blade pressure. I still had some issues with the paper tearing but playing with the settings helped. I have not had this problem with the other fonts I have. I guess it's all the curves in the letters. BUT IT'S MY FAVORITE FONT!!!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to luv to scrap

i LOVE the jasmine font!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Prettylolo

Woo Hoo, I'm getting the Cricut for an early birthday present!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so I gave my mom the idea (she never knows what to get me) but still! I get to go buy it tomorrow - I called Walmart and they have tons! I still had one put on hold for me! FYI - the price at mine is now $139, it was $125 last week. Oh well, I'm still sooooo excited!!! My Walmart is open 24 hours and I'm really tempted to go now to buy it. I can't wait to play with it. I'm such a dork - I just watched the cricut training videos online.

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG
In response to married05

Oh just go buy it now! You'll stay up all night playing with it but it's Friday night, who cares!!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to MichelleSG

LOL! Don't tell me that, I'm already trying to convince myself that I can wait a few more hours.

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to married05

No you cant... whats the point?? Just go get the dang thing!!! Life is too short to put off all the fun things!! I love my cricut!!!!!!!

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG
In response to harvick

Haha! You'll get nothing but bad habits from being around us enablers!!! Once I made my decision to buy it I was there. Isn't that why Walmart is a 24 hr store? Pick up some dark chocolate while you're there, it'll help keep you up all night!!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to MichelleSG

I am glad the closest WalMart to me is about 20 minutes away - and with the gas prices, I have to want that chocolate a lot!!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to djtobin

I figured I'd make a day out of it tomorrow. It just so happens that Walmart is close to Archiver's and Joann's, and a mall. I decided to just have a few drinks tonight and scrapbook a little instead.

Edited by married05 on 04-20-07 08:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

maroon58
Guru
maroon58
In response to married05

Great tips,everyone! I just got my bug today and am in love:) I can see me using it for so much more than just sb. Thanks!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-21-07 02:11 AM

• luv to scrap Said:
One thing I have noticed with my Cricut is that you have to really change the settings to cut with the Jasmine font. I started out with George and cardstock and had no trouble. When I did the same with Jasmine I had to really turn down the speed and lower the blade pressure. I still had some issues with the paper tearing but playing with the settings helped. I have not had this problem with the other fonts I have. I guess it's all the curves in the letters. BUT IT'S MY FAVORITE FONT!!!

Jasmine is my LEAST favorite font!! It is such apain to cut with! My favorite is All Mixed up!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-21-07 02:13 AM
In response to MissMoo214

• MissMoo214 Said:
Glad to know that the bargining is working for some of you. My hubby actually used my Cricut before I did and burned a dog tag, that he added USMC to the center of, onto his work bench. He wishes we would have bought one sooner as he did his own military scrapbook and now wants to change things after he saw the Base Camp cartridge. LOL!! I am so lucky as he's let me get all the cartridges so far. The only ones I'm missing are the new Disney as they are not in store yet out here. He's also trying to think of ways to use it for stencils for airbrushing onto his model cars. We/He loves classic cars and he builds models as a hobby. I got him a really top of the line airbrush set but he hasn't been able to use it yet. It's calling his name he says. If he comes up with any uses for the "Bug" and airbrushing, I'll let you all know.

Hi there! The Disney carts are in many stores now; ACMoore is one for sure!!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to married05

• married05 Said:
Woo Hoo, I'm getting the Cricut for an early birthday present!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so I gave my mom the idea (she never knows what to get me) but still! I get to go buy it tomorrow - I called Walmart and they have tons! I still had one put on hold for me! FYI - the price at mine is now $139, it was $125 last week. Oh well, I'm still sooooo excited!!! My Walmart is open 24 hours and I'm really tempted to go now to buy it. I can't wait to play with it. I'm such a dork - I just watched the cricut training videos online.

Ooooo you are going to have soooo much fun!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to proud_auntie

LOL!! that is so funny!! I can't wait to get home and use mine!! I am in Mexico right now, and am helping my SIL open a LSS and we are making LO for display. I am sooooooo missing my cricut right now!!!! I am having a withdrawl!

married05
Idol
married05

• luv to scrap Said:
  • married05 Said:

Ooooo you are going to have soooo much fun!!! Congratulations and Happy Birthday.

Thanks - my birthday is in June, so I guess it's a REALLY early birthday present.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to married05

Ok I have a question for you guys that have been using the Cricut for a while. Is it really necessary to but the Cricut tools to go with the machine? (The ones to get the letters off with)? Walmart had them for 19 bucks, and Joanns didn't have them at all. I just got the machine today and haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

What about paper - do you guys buy the special paper that's the right size?

Thanks!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to married05

I haven't used their paper at all - I just keep an old cutter by my Cricut, so I cut paper down if I need to.

I didn't have the tools for quite a while and got by, but it is easier with them.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to djtobin

I say buy the tools!! And as for the paper, only if you really like the design, otherwise, I just cut a 12x12 in half to make it 12x6 and it is the perfect size!!!!

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to scrapbook girl

I haven't bought the tools. So far my exacto knife or CM multipurpose tool have done fine. I wouldn't bother with the paper since it's so easy to cut a regular 12x12 piece in half.

Hope you get to have some fun with your bug.

Page 5 of 400 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics