Page 6 of 400 
Username Post: CRICUT 101        (Topic#1412667)
apejaz
apejaz 
Diva
apejaz
In response to luv to scrap

I have never used to the tools either, havent needed to and I have had it for a while.

As for the paper, I also just cut 12x12 in half. It works perfectly!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-21-07 03:34 PM
In response to married05

• married05 Said:
Ok I have a question for you guys that have been using the Cricut for a while. Is it really necessary to but the Cricut tools to go with the machine? (The ones to get the letters off with)? Walmart had them for 19 bucks, and Joanns didn't have them at all. I just got the machine today and haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

What about paper - do you guys buy the special paper that's the right size?

Thanks!

I love the Cricut tools, personally the spatula is a must have, and doesn't come in the kit;' you can buy it on the cricut website for about $5 and sooo worth it; I also bought the tool kit about a month ago and find I use a ton of the tools,especially with the Disney carts because of all of the small peices.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-21-07 03:37 PM
In response to Huskymom

As far as paper goes, I do use DCWV adhesive cardstock with the Cricut sometimes. It's not my favorite cardstock, I don't like the white core, but it makes it easy to adhere small peices.

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG

I use the CM multipurpose tool but had I not already owned it I would have purchased the tool kt. Heck if I can get it on sale somewhere I will probably still get it. An exacto knife will do you fine too but I don't like taking a blade to my mat (I'm clumsy) so it depends on how adept you are.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
As far as paper goes, I do use DCWV adhesive cardstock with the Cricut sometimes. It's not my favorite cardstock, I don't like the white core, but it makes it easy to adhere small peices.

hmmm, never thought about it like that, that makes sense. and although i said i love the jasmine font, i must agree with deb that it is a huge pain in the rump to cut. i just think it looks so pretty when finished.

married05
Idol
married05

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to try it! Hopefully I'll have some time later tonight.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-22-07 04:17 AM
In response to married05

Let us know what you make!! I'm so addicted to my bug...I don't know what I did before I had it!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
Let us know what you make!! I'm so addicted to my bug...I don't know what I did before I had it!

I know! I was thinking the same thing!!! I can not even remember what I did??

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to scrapbook girl

I used my mixed up cartridge yesterday and really love that one!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-22-07 12:00 PM
In response to djtobin

this is my favorite cart! I even printed out quotes from it and put them on my bedroom walls! there are pictures in my gallery if anyone wants to see them

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to Huskymom

Deb I loved looking at your cricut walls AND your altered pictures - such great work!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to scrapbook girl

• scrapbook girl Said:
LOL!! that is so funny!! I can't wait to get home and use mine!! I am in Mexico right now, and am helping my SIL open a LSS and we are making LO for display. I am sooooooo missing my cricut right now!!!! I am having a withdrawl!

Where in Mexico? would it be Guadalajara?

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to gg loves Matthew

Hi fellow Cricut users....I am on vacation in California...glad to see this thread is going strong!

I will be home after May 9th some time and will be back posting regularily!

Keep up all the great posts!

MichelleSG
Veteran
MichelleSG
In response to gg loves Matthew

20. The Cricut dust covers that you can purchase on evilbay are made by several women on the Cricut message boards. They prefer that you buy directly from them and charge less because they don't have to pay the fees. You can also pick which colors and styles you want, even have a cuttlebug cover made to match. Bug fashion, gotta love it!!

harvick
Expert
harvick
In response to MichelleSG

I have a Cricut question???? Does anyone know why you have to take the blade out to change the depth??? The little green blade holder thingy...

luv to scrap
Pro
luv to scrap
In response to harvick

I was wondering that very same thing. Mine seems to adjust just fine without taking it out. Anybody out there have the answer?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-24-07 02:33 AM
In response to MichelleSG

• MichelleSG Said:
20. The Cricut dust covers that you can purchase on evilbay are made by several women on the Cricut message boards. They prefer that you buy directly from them and charge less because they don't have to pay the fees. You can also pick which colors and styles you want, even have a cuttlebug cover made to match. Bug fashion, gotta love it!!

I bought a denim one and love it!!

djtobin
Idol
djtobin
In response to Huskymom

Do you happen to know the site for these ladies?

proud_auntie
Idol
proud_auntie
In response to harvick

• harvick Said:
I have a Cricut question???? Does anyone know why you have to take the blade out to change the depth??? The little green blade holder thingy...

You do? I think I am using it wrong then...

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to proud_auntie

I think I read that they want you to take it out to change the setting to make sure no paper or adhesive is stuck on the blade. If there is you can jam up your blade.

Page 6 of 400 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics