Page 1 of 35 
Username Post: LOUISIANA!!!!!!!        (Topic#1413193)
Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

hey guys! i was looking in this forum and i could not find a louisiana forum. i was born and raised in louisiana, however in may i have to move to mississippi. are there any louisiana girls (or boys) out there?!?!?!?!

rfultz105
Expert
rfultz105
In response to Mrs. DKK

I"m from LA! Born and raised and currently live in Shreveport, LA!!! You're the first person I've seen on sb.com from LA!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to rfultz105

i have found two others in the ruston area...but we are hard to find!!!!!

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to Mrs. DKK

I'm getting ready to visit my inlaws in Lousiana in a few months & wanted to know where some good sb shops are located...I will be close to Baton Rouge...

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to chocodlite2

i dont live around the br area..you can google it though and im sure something will come up..they have to have something its the capital.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

i went to scrapbookstores.net adn found this:
Special Memories
3205 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225) 343-6560
http://www.specialmemoriesbr.com

hope it helps!!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

hey guys have a good week!!!

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to Mrs. DKK

Thanks for the info...I'm going to try & ck out that place once we get there...I'm hoping to wonder off to several b4 I make it back to IN..

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

are there any good lss's in shreveport??? the stores here are really small and limited and i ususally go to hobbly lobby or michaels.

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to Mrs. DKK

I will try the HL & M's in LA, I'm hoping they have something different from the stores here in IN...I'm very excited about seeing something different...

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

Hi guys,
I live in Franklinton (origianally from MS) which is about 50 miles north of New Orleans. There are some great sb stores around here. And there are also several in the BR area. Of course they have 2 HLs and Michaels but they also have a store called Scrapbook Hardware. Not sure where it is exactly but I'm sure you can google it. They are at Scrapfest every year. (if you go to www.scrapfestproductions.com they have a link in their stores section) I think they also have at least one other sb store there. They also have one in Denham Springs which is about 2 miles outside of BR. Hope this helps.

Edited by annasmom on 04-14-07 10:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to annasmom

I'm back! I just located another store in the BR area. It's called Special Memories (a scrapbook boutique).
I'm going to be in the Shreveport area in a few weeks. Are there any good stores there? I think there is a HL and I know there is a Michaels but I'm looking for a store that does nothing but scrapbooking.
Lynn

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to annasmom

Born and Raised in LA! I live in Ohio now, brrr it's cold!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to scrappinmonkey

It's actually chilly here too. But not cold. For Easter I bought a new dress and shoes. Of course it had been hot so I bought a sleeveless dress. I haven't been able to wear it yet! Today its beautiful even if it is a little chilly.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to annasmom

God Bless Virginia Tech!!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hokie Hope Day

There are e-mails going around for a Hokie Hope Day on Friday, to support all members of the Virginia Tech Family. Please wear maroon and orange on Friday, April 20, and pass this message on to your friends, family, and colleagues.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

for those in the ruston area..louisiana tech is holding a vigil monday night at 8 pm in centennial plaza..you are more than welcome to attend!!!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey everyone! I'm from La. too. Covington to be specific which is really near Annasmom. Hey Anna did you know we have a LSS in Covington? I didn't get to go to scrap fest because it was when my son was born. But they probably were there. Scrappily Ever After is the name.

I agree God Bless Virginia Tech.

Veteran
In response to Heather J. Landry

Hi Ladies.

I registered here a while back, but just started participating in the forum and loading things to my gallery this weekend. I live in Metairie (just outside of N.O.).

Baton Rouge has great stores. I'm not sure if Scrapbook Hardware is still open. A few years ago I went to a crop there, but I think they just sell kits now. You may want to give them a call. Special Memories is a great store - it is in a little house pretty close to LSU. I took a class from them at Scrapfest (which, by the way, is the most awesome event!!!). Another store that I've heard of is Scrapbook & Co., 10979 Coursey Blvd, Ste. E, 225-293-9989. Haven't been there yet, but from their e-mails sounds like a good place.

If you get near Slidell you HAVE TO check out Scrappin' Buds. I've never been to the store, but I hear it is just as good if not better than their Scrapfest booth.

Have a great weekend!!!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to Metcropper

Hi Guys!
I just went to Scrappin Buds for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Its a really nice little store with tons of goodies! I've also been to Scrappasaurus in Metairie. But its been a really long time. Did they move? Really don't get to shop much in the NO area. Been to both Joannes in Metairie but they really don't have much in the way of scrapbooking. There is a new store in Bogalusa (very close to me) called Scrapbook Heaven. I think they were at Scrapfest but I'm not sure. I just rarely go in that direction. So I guess I'm going to have to make a special trip!
Ya'll have a great week!

Page 1 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics