Page 2 of 35 
Username Post: LOUISIANA!!!!!!!        (Topic#1413193)
Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to annasmom

Oooh a new store in Bogalousa!? Do you have the address? Road trip! LOL

Woman of Purpose
Tenant
Woman of Purpose
In response to Heather J. Landry

My name is Brooks and I just moved to Ruston, LA. Single with no kids. I'm looking for any ideas or suggestions of local shops or clubs that I can get involved in. I need some type of directions. I have A LOT of free time on my hand until December and I would like to use that time to dedicate to Scrapbooking.

I have not created any designs yet but I sure will welcome some help.

luv2scrap1968
Veteran
luv2scrap1968
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
are there any good lss's in shreveport??? the stores here are really small and limited and i ususally go to hobbly lobby or michaels.

There is a LSS in West monroe, Called Memories of yesterday. it is a really nice store, and she has quite a good selectin of SB supplies. I can't remember the address, but I know it is on Hwy 80. She has a crop on Saturdays, I think, but I haven't been able to get over there for one of them.

Are any of you La ladies planning to go to the Scrapbook Celebration in Monroe in June?? I am going and I know there is one other lady from here that is going too..... If ya are going, let us know and we can all try to figure out a way to meet!! That would be awesome!!

Rachel

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

The store is somewhere around Walmart. Maybe on the right side if you are looking at the front of the store from the parking lot. I'm not positive but I've been told its really easy to find. And they have a nice little store!
Lynn

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to annasmom

Hi! I live in a rural area of North LA. For those of you in the Ruston area, Scrap Shack is a LSS in West Monroe. It is right off I-20 (at Thomas Road exit) across the street from Office Depot and Hobby Lobby. They have crop nights and classes and the staff are super nice! PM me if you would like their websity.

The LSS in Bossier City that I liked has closed and I am not aware of any others. If anyone knows of one in the Shreveport-Bossier area, please PM me.

BTW, Rachel, what are the dates for the Scrapbook Celebration and where is it held? I have gone to Bayou Scrapbook convention before but not Scrapbook Celebration.

Edited by oakhills on 04-24-07 09:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to oakhills

Lynn,

Ok now I have to find out where the Walmart in Bogalousa is. LOL I'll have to call my daughter's former social worker. All I know how to get to is the OCS office.

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to oakhills

Ann,
I cannot believe I was in that parking lot in Monroe Monday afternoon and didn't see the Scrap Shack. We went through Shreveport to Jackson... on the way home and we stopped in Monroe to go to that Office Depot to pick up some internet security software. So I insisted on going in the HL as well. LOL! If I had only known there was a scrapbook store there too.......I may have never gotten home!!! LOL! My husband walked over there and went into a little coffee shop while I was in HL. He is telling me that he didn't see a ss. Do we believe him? or was it a sudden case of blindness? By the way, do you know Kent Follette of Follette Pottery? He was a friend of my parents. They used to do art shows together.
Lynn

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to annasmom

I think your DH had selective blindness Lynn! =0)

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

No Doubt! Kinda like when I see a Music Store!
I didn't get to go to Scrap Fest this year due to work, but I did go last year. It was great. I am planning to go this Sept. Should be a group of us from my area.

Veteran
In response to annasmom

Scrappasaurus in Metairie did move. They re-opened in January after Katrina, but then closed in May. They reopened this past February - in a smaller location on Severn closer to Veterans. They are carrying more new stuff.

I don't remember seeing Scrapbook Heaven at ScrapFest. But I couldn't tell you the names of every vendor there.

I'm not going to the Monroe event, but am thinking about the September ScrapFest.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Metcropper

ive been to memories of yesterday on cypress st in west monroe..litteraly a walk away from my temp apartment. when i first went in i didnt see a lot of variety. i love the scrap shack over by maggie moo's and hl...love the people there..they are so helpful. if i go visit my friends down south i will have to look up the lss'!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

I didn't get to go to Scrapfest in March but I am planning to go in September. I have a friend who is planning to decorate our table......There should be between 6 and 8 of us on Saturday. But I think I would like to do all three days. (Since I missed SF in March of course!) I'll have to try to check out Scrappasaurus again next time I'm in Metairie. The old store was really huge!

Veteran
In response to annasmom

We went on Saturday only for the first ScrapFest, but have gone all three days ever since. That one day just flies by too fast!!!

Hopefully we can plan to meet face-to-fact in September.

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

Sounds like a great plan. I think we are going to be called The Java Petals. I'm not exactly sure why, because I rarely drink coffee, but I wasn't consulted about the name and who really cares anyway! LOL!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to annasmom

You don't drink coffee much? I live off of the stuff. Well with a newborn I really don't have much of a choice. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom

My husband is the coffee drinker in the family. Believe me, he drinks enough for both of us!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to luv2scrap1968

Lynn,

I've never met Kent Follette but I do love to look at his pottery. He does some beautiful pieces.

BTW, your DH was two doors down from the Scrap Shack when he was in that coffee shop!!! They are in the same little "strip mall" directly in front of the new IHOP!

Edited by oakhills on 04-26-07 07:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to oakhills

I probably haven't seen him in about 15 years! I used to have some of his pottery but it has gotten broken or lost during moves. I had a wonderful bread baker. Have no idea where that went!

oakhills
Governor
oakhills
In response to annasmom

I have never purchased any pieces but have certainly admired several longingly!

annasmom
Expert
annasmom
In response to oakhills

My pieces were gifts from my parents. They did art shows with him and a lot of times artists will "trade" items of a similar price. So I'm sure that's how mine came about.

Page 2 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics