Page 1 of 1114 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Hello, friends, and welcome to our *Clean and Simple* Critique Group!

Here are some reasons you may have joined this thread:

1) To share your work with others
2) To receive honest feedback and criticism
3) To expand your scrapbooking skills
4) To learn from other members
5) To join a friendly community and get to know one another better

Here are some things you should know:

1) When able, please post a LINK to the layouts you would like to share
2) When leaving feedback or criticism, please begin with the letters “CS”
3) We hold optional challenges from time to time, sometimes with prizes
4) When participating in challenges, please PM (private message) your link to the hostess
5) Sometimes the thread gets chatty. Don’t feel overwhelmed—just hop back in!

Here are our active members:
(If you were previously a member of this group and your name is not on the list, please feel free join us again—we’d love to have you back!)

1) Lycosparks – Lauri
2) Outsidechic – Jakki
3) scrappercaz – Carolyn
4) Rileysmom06 – Becky
5) scrappindmbfan – Nancy
6) bran – Brandy
7) JHAWKEYE – Kate
8) scrapjones – BeckyJ
9) laurbernet – Lauri B
10) Reeves95 – Glenda
11) Capucine – Isabelle
12) RachelRaychef2b23 – Christy
13) Tanya71 - Tanya

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to Lycosparks

put my name down. i'll have some links comming up

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to outsidechic

I posted in the other thread too, but can I please join?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to amylashelle

Absolutely, welcome to the group!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

okay so here are some of my lo...rip them apart if you will:
pb & j
stopin"
my man

oh and for the top thing, may name it Jakki. im a graphic designer, went to school and everything. love to take pictures, hitting a blah spot right now with my sbing...but im trying not to pack it all up and put it away like i usually do when i hit this spot. and work through the blah uncreative me. i have an 16 month old DD she will be the most popular thing i scrap. i have just realized that i use my albums like visual journals as you can already see by my lo posted. so you'll see alot of everyday pictures. hmm what else i don't have a favorite color that i can think of i like them all for differnt reasons although i do have phases. i take 1000 of photos and tend to only post/scrap the best ones. i;m allergic to chocolate and woul prefer to go barefoot anywhere. my style of sbing is bold colors, distressed, not so many embellies and those are usually metalic in color, chipboard. any other questions about me just ask.

Edited by outsidechic on 05-16-07 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

London
London 
Veteran
London

yay! new thread!

Little introduction - I'm Shell, I'm 22 and very much a beginner at scrapbooking. I've only been into the hobby for about a year. Currently living with my fiance and our two cats. Just finished my AS degree and am currently job hunting. Due to be married in November 2008

I joined this group because I don't know anyone else who scraps and crops/classes are very hard for me.. I'm very very shy in person. I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Just added some new LO's last night
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/139327.html

My gallery link instead of page by page. They are the first 6 LOs

Edited by ~Shelly~ on 05-16-07 08:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 08:41 AM

I made it over here

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/23170/view/ 833701/-1...

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Oh great, you're one step ahead of me, Jakki!

As you check-in for your first time, feel free to give us a little information about yourself, including what you would like for us to call you!

Thanks, ladies!

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 08:56 AM

• Lycosparks Said:

As you check-in for your first time, feel free to give us a little information about yourself, including what you would like for us to call you!

I'm Micki. I have a DH and 3 DS. We homeschool and my oldest has special needs.

For my books I scrap exclusively chronological and 8.5 x 11. I do 12 x 12 for gifts. I usually do double page layouts and "stitch" them together with software for viewing.

I am trying to use up old supplies at the moment (patterned papers, kit club embellies) but I still buy my Bazzill cardstock, embossing powders and such.

As seen in the other thread I have a MIL so my work does not have anything like hidden journaling where you have to reach in to get it.

AmyLouhoo
Idol
AmyLouhoo
In response to Keys

Ok I guess I'll head over here and tell you I'd like to join!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to AmyLouhoo

Jakki, I've left you comments! Beautiful work, I found it difficult to critique! Hope this group can help you out of your 'blah' spot!

Shell, so nice to officially 'meet you' as well! You and I are a lot alike actually. I'll post my intro soon and you'll see, lol! Hope you enjoy it here!

Micki, nice to have you! I just bought my first pack of Bazzill cardstock. Can't imagine using anything else now! Sorry to hear that you can't allow hidden journaling in your albums, LOL!

Amy, so glad you're joining us! Our other group seemed to have fizzled away, but I've tried to keep up with your layouts anyway. I just love them!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Now for a little introduction:

My name is Lauri and I am your fearless leader! I have been scrapbooking for a tad over 2 years, and have tried all sorts of styles and sizes. I feel that clean and simple 8.5x11 is my favorite way to go. I don't know anyone else who scraps, but have absolutely loved being a part of this site. Yesterday was my 2 year anniversary at sb.c!

I am turning 22 a month from today! I just graduated from college with a major in creative writing and a minor in philosophy. I am job searching right now, but don't really mind playing the part of a stay-at-home-fiance. I live in a house that I bought with my fiance Joe over 2 years ago, and we are getting married November 2007. I enjoy poetry, baking, and holidays with family. My favorite number is 14 3/4. My favorite colors are maroon and ice blue. I don't like ice cream and don't care much for chocolate. Potato chips and cookies are my weakness. Lol.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

London
London 
Veteran
London

• Lycosparks Said:

I am job searching right now, but don't really mind playing the part of a stay-at-home-fiance.

That's exactly what I am!! He actually loves it though. The apartment is always clean, always hot dinner and clean undies, what more could a guy want?

Just wanted to add a couple of favorites
Number 7, colors - blue, white and silver, I love love love fried chicken. I cant have ice cream because dairy and I don't get along. I love all things sour except for War Heads and I collect books and blue and white china.

And feel free to call me what ever you wish.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

dont turn me away so soon. i just love comments on my work on how i can improve, but i get tired and dont pariticually like when everyone says my lo's are spectacular. i want to earn it. oh and 2 more facts about me, i have a job as a designer (my first one job serching is a pain) to keep me sane, although i have seconds thoughts about being a sahm. and i hate laundry hate it hate it hate it, to the point that i let all the clothes get dirty and i have to ask my mil (love her to pieces to help me finish it in less than a weeks time)

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

and i spend way to much time here while im at work

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Hi everyone I'm Carolyn and I live in Oxford, England so I hope the different time zones don't cause any problems!! I have to go out for the evening now ( it's 7pm) and so I will get back on here later with a few more details and hopefully upload a LO or two and read all the other posts properly. Can't wait to get stuck in here and get to know some more friends!
Bye for now!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappercaz

Please don't forget me!! I want in!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Hi, I'm Vivian, easy to remember as it's my userid too.

I've been scrapping for many years now but find that I like the clean, simple look best. Not only do they show off the pictures better but they're faster to make, too.

I'm 42 and live with my dh and 14 yo son. Our dd and her dh and two sons live on the front half of our property. You'll see lots of pix of them and my sister's twins (niece and nephew). We have a bunch of animals, some I don't want to think about (son's snakes and other creepy crawlies).

My goal for this year is get 1,000 layouts done. I hope to start "professionally" scrapping for others and doing classes for charity and some for profit.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-16-07 11:58 AM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

On my "groundbreaking" LO

what do you think about me writing around the circle
(top left page) the name of the church, town and groundbreaking then (bottom left page)??

sunberry2
Guru
sunberry2
In response to Keys

count me in!

Page 1 of 1114 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics