Page 3 of 1114 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to outsidechic

Thanks everyone for your comments! The idea of rounding the corners on 'The Bride' photo and/or mat was a good one - I knew it needed something but wasn't sure what!! Shelly your turquoise matt is just right and Shirley, I agree with Lauri that changing the 'and' would make a big difference. It's a great LO though.
It's great to meet you all!

Edited by scrappercaz on 05-16-07 11:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrappercaz

Great, Audrey! I look forward to seeing it!

Jakki, I left comments! Beautiful distressed page!

Carolyn, let us know how 'The Bride' comes out after the change!

Well my fiance is away on business for two days so hopefully I'll get some scrapping done and upload some pages for you. Woke up at 4am to see him off though. So it's back to bed for me! Lol. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Lycosparks

Thanks, everyone! I agree..the "and" is one of the things bugging me. When I first layed it out, it didn't seem to connect, but after glueing it down..it looks like a new word "thenand"

I'm going to try and lift it off..I don't have an ampersand stamp, but maybe this would be a good reason to get one.

Now, for the title with my name..my first thought is just my first name, but then I need to put my full name somewhere, because while my dd and gdd might remember who that is, on down the line, I can see questions based on what has happened within our own family and a box full of old photos that I just can't identify. I'm going to browse other layouts to get some more ideas.

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to ShirleyJB

Thought I should introduce myself. I am single with no kids. I have 2 nieces that I adore and scrap often. I got into Creative Memories scrapbooking about 5 years ago and joined sb.com a couple of months ago. I love all of the great ideas I get here. It has encouraged me to try out new techniques.

I joined this Clean and Simple group because that's what all my pages seem to end up as. I "try" to make my pages a little more free-style, but the look just isn't for me. Order is good.

I haven't been able to post any LOs because my camera was stolen in January and I'm still on the hunt for a replacement. I'll post as soon as I get a new camera!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to amylashelle

Welcome Amy! Nice to "meet" you. So sorry to hear about the camera. Mine got stolen last summer and I got a new one for Christmas but it was a horrid 6 months without one.

Jakki and Shirley, I left some comments

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

May we call you Amy? Oh that's terrible about your camera! Still feel free to ask us questions, even though we can't see the page! We'd like to try to help anyway! Good luck finding a replacement!

I just finished another page on my Disney album. Will upload it later, but I mainly want to share with you pages from my chronological album. I'm all out of pictures for that one right now though!

London
London 
Veteran
London

An hour and a half till my fiance is supposed to get up.

(I call him hunny.. it's easier than fiance to type)

Anywho, I can't wait for him to get up.. so I can go scrap a page out of my head. My scrap area is in the bedroom and I've had this idea running through my mind all morning.

*bounces around counting the minutes*

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

amy that is a bummer about your camera, but for the new one make sure its one you like. my dd got bannana into our point & shoot that ended up being its demise, and dh went out and got me the same kind of p&s just the newer model to replace it. before asking me, because i had made up my mind to go to an slr, well i ended up getting both cameras. he spoils me i know and i love it. that's my story, and i was out a camera for a month.

okay so thank you all on the comments. its funny that you seemed to like my pencil marks as the doodling. there are so many on there i dont know which one to keep. and i was thinking of doing them in red, but ahh, im still not sure if i'm just going to erase them all too.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

Hi everyone.

My name is Becky. I have been married for almost 4 years (5/31) and have a 14 mo old dd. She is the main focus of my scrapping. I have been scrapping since January 2007--yes you read correctly. I have thrown myself full force into this and just love it. Luckily, my DH is happy that i finally have a hobby and so he fully supports me doing this.

I love purple too, i also love blues and browns.

I have a lot of LOs to catch up on for comments and will post some of my links later this afternoon. My boss just left for the day, so i think i will take the afternoon off, go home and clean the house, and then hop back on the computer and start looking at all the LOs.

Thanks for letting me join. I look forward to chatting with you all!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Rileysmom06

Hi Becky and anyone else I haven't said hello to yet. I've been on this computer too much today - I can't believe that a few months ago I didn't even know this place existed and now I'm SOOO addicted!

This isn't really a scrapping question as such (but I can't get an answer on the appropriate forum) but...are any of your ladies a whizz with Photoshop? I have a question which I won't bore you with 'til I know if anyone might be able to help but I hope you don't mind me asking this here.

I'm off to check out a couple of your galleries that I haven't seen yet.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrappercaz

Lol, Shell. Hope you're enjoying your scraptime now that your 'hunny' is up!

I know, Jakki! I thought it was funny even while I was suggesting it, lol! But hey, it just might work. Let us know how the page turns out!

Wow, Becky! Can't believe you only started in January! Such a beautiful gallery. And we have another fan of purple I see! My gallery is actually lacking in purple; I look forward to seeing some nice layouts!

Carolyn, you can ask anything you want here! But I'm sorry--I personally have absolutely zero experience with Photoshop! Hope someone else here can help you! Good luck!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i use photoshop, but im not a pro, you can ask.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

my DH is a photoshop wiz...he is forever taking pictures and adding his friends, or distorting them...etc.
what's your question and i will see if he can help.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose

Add Mother Goose to the list.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Rileysmom06

I made it here too!

I'm Nancy. I also just started scrapping in January of 2007. I threw myself in feet first and there's no getting out now. I'm loving it.

I'm a 32yr old mom of 2. My ds is 11 and my dd is 9 (going on 15 quickly lol). I'm happily married and love our little family, including 2 dogs.

My favorite color is purple, but I've found I scrap with blue and pink the most. I'm finding that some of the advanced techniques don't strike my fancy so I'm liking the "keep it simple" concept. I scrap 12x12 and am working on albums for my kids. I'm overly picky an that doesn't help the process go quickly.

I have two jobs. By day I'm a map maker for a public transportation agency and by night I'm a certified framer at Michaels (great place to have a discount when you're a scrapper;))It stinks to have two jobs, but at least if I have to do it at least I enjoy the second job.

I also am on sb.com way too much at work during the day lol thank goodness for that minimize button and a fast processor

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 10:10 AM

Thank you so much for doing this!! I am so excited!

Bran

amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to Bran

OK, well I have been contemplating which camera to buy so this morning I went to Wolf and ended up coming home with one! So good news....I can play! Here's a couple of my most recent layouts. I wish I had done something to make the middle photo in "Almost 3" to stand out more.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/149163 /IMG_0001...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/source/149163 /IMG_0003...

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to amylashelle

amy--i think with the almost 3 lo, you just coverd up to much of the picture with the diagonal, and maybe should go to a smaller print size of the photos. i actually struggle sometimes on where to over lap picture, and have just droped them on the table and used what came from that, lol. i like the lo though the feeling it gives is strong.

just a question: why on some of the links it sends you to just the pic where you cant add comments?

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I was thinking the same thing about making the pictures on the ends a bit smaller. If you don't want to do that, maybe rounding the corners on the end pictures would help to cut off enough that you see more of the middle picture. It's a cute LO!

Im a Believer
Mayor
Im a Believer

Hi Lauri - I'm glad to see you got enough interested ladies. I am very interested so officially count me in!

I run a licensed childcare - I am a professionall multi-tasker - I go back and forth on this site all day while working - I have a laptop.

I may not be "here" when my site says "on-line" but it means I'm close and at some point returning.

Thanks for organizing the group. I have a Childcare meeting tonight that I've been preparing for all week - I'll be back on later this evening and read thru all the members and get acquainted.

Have a GREAT afternnon!

Page 3 of 1114 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics