Page 4 of 1114 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
amylashelle
Veteran
amylashelle
In response to outsidechic

• outsidechic Said:
just a question: why on some of the links it sends you to just the pic where you cant add comments?

I think its the way I linked them. I linked directly to the photos, not to the gallery. Thanks for asking, I'll know not to do it again!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Im a Believer

Welcome to Kay, Nancy, Bran, and Judy!!

Nancy, another fairly new scrapper! Can't even tell; you are so very talented! Nice to 'meet' you!

Amy, I agree with Jakki on the 'Almost 3' layout! However, I know ink can be expensive. So perhaps you could just crop the top and bottom photo a bit! Maybe even add a few mini flowers along the bottom of the patterned paper . Love all of the little clips! Such a cutie! As for the 'Thank Heaven' lo, such a lovely page! Love the torn paper!

Jakki, if I'm not mistaken, I believe when Amy linked us to her page, she had clicked on it, sending us to the jpg location rather than the page where we can comment.

It's probably easier to link us to the commenting page, but wherever we're brought to, we'll send comments your way no matter what!

Judy, so glad to have you here! Another multi-tasker, eh? It's so nice to 'meet' you too. I look forward to seeing your work!

** I have written everyone's name on the first post of this thread. If you would rather be called by something else, please let me know! Thanks! **

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 11:21 AM
In response to Lycosparks

ON the "Almost 3" -- what about a little frame tilted a little out of chipboard in a color complementary to the LO to help it focus in so to speak

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to amylashelle

• amylashelle Said:
  • outsidechic Said:
just a question: why on some of the links it sends you to just the pic where you cant add comments?

I think its the way I linked them. I linked directly to the photos, not to the gallery. Thanks for asking, I'll know not to do it again!

It's better to right click on the thumbnail of your image in your gallery and select "copy shortcut." That link will send people to where they can leave comments. So even if you already have your image opened, click on the thumbnail above it to get the link.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Amy, what about tilting the other photos where more of the center photo shows? And placing the center photo on top of the other two with the new placement?

Matting one photo while not matting the others usually gives that photo more "draw."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I think this is a critigue group and I should be leaving suggestions but I'm hesitant to do that.

If a direct question is asked, I'll answer otherwise I feel like I'm only telling what I would do, not what they should do.

So I've just been leaving love.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Vivian, whatever you are comfortable doing is fine with us!

Would you like for us to do the same with the layouts that you post?

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

i like hearing what others would do with my lo, its what a crit is all about. just cause it has been said doesnt mean i have to follow it. but it give me a different way to look at my work, after i have turned it upside down, re aranged it 9 times before that, its a fresh look. and please, everyone, tell me what you would do to my lo.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic

wow this is an active place, i like it. now only if i can work on los at much as i spend on here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Lycosparks Said:
Vivian, whatever you are comfortable doing is fine with us!

Would you like for us to do the same with the layouts that you post?

Turnabout is fairplay, right? Yes, I'll ask a question. Normally it will be about spaces or spacing or colors. My biggest struggle is choosing colors especially if it's patterned paper . Thanks.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 11:59 AM

• VivianR Said:
I think this is a critigue group and I should be leaving suggestions but I'm hesitant to do that.

Do whatever you like but please don't feel uncomfortable leaving suggestions. You could start it in question form "Have you ever experimented with photo corners? I think your 45th photo from the right would look cool with some" (or something like that)

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Keys

45th photo from the right! LOL.

Jakki, I agree! I'm really pleased with how this has taken off! Seems like it'll be a great group!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

** A suggestion has been brought to my attention! In order to separate our critiques on layouts from the 'love' of other neighbors not within the group, perhaps we should begin with the letters 'CS' for 'Clean and Simple.' This would make it easier to distinguish our comments. **

I think this would be a good idea. Would everyone be all right doing this?

London
London 
Veteran
London

• VivianR Said:

If a direct question is asked, I'll answer otherwise I feel like I'm only telling what I would do, not what they should do.

So I've just been leaving love.

I actually like being told what would look better on something. I don't have anyone in RL that scraps so sometimes I feel like I'm floundering around and don't know if I'm getting better or worse..

Hunny's opinion only goes so far I mean he says everything looks good..

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 05-17-07 12:16 PM

• Lycosparks Said:
** A suggestion has been brought to my attention! In order to separate our critiques on layouts from the 'love' of other neighbors not within the group, perhaps we should begin with the letters 'CS' for 'Clean and Simple.' This would make it easier to distinguish our comments. **

If I can remember to do it!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

• Lycosparks Said:

Excellent idea - I had wondered about other neighbours seeing my comments and wondering if they were asked for!!

So for Becky and Jakki (and anyone who knows anything about Photoshop) I'd be eternally grateful if you can answer this for me - in simple non techno language please LOL. When I have finished editing a photo I click on 'Save as' and complete (I think) that process but then when I go back to my organizer it says 'Edit in progress' with a red band/padlock across it - what am I doing wrong?

Hello to you new ladies..after my meal (it's 9pm hre in the UK and dh was home late tonight) I'm going to come back and catch up on galleries and LOs - there's so much talent here and you all seem so nice...this is going to be fun!

London
London 
Veteran
London

• Lycosparks Said:

sounds good to me!

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to London

carolyn--sorry i have no ideal what to tell you.

scrapjones
Guru
scrapjones

Hello Ladies, Count me in... I've never done a Critique group before, so this should be fun.
My name is Becky.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to scrapjones

Welcome, Becky! So good to have you!!

Thank you all for embracing the new suggestion! I agree that it will make things easier. Then that settles it!

Page 4 of 1114 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics