Page 5 of 1114 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06
In response to scrapjones

Carolyn, my DH wanted to know if you were saving your photos as .jpg when you were saving it. He thinks that may be you aren't and that it's saved with the photoshop (.psd) try saving it as a .jpg or .tif
LMK

I am update to date on comments!!!
There are some really nice LOs out there...i will get a few of mine linked later tonight!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Rileysmom06

OK fine, let me get on the bandwagon here! Here is the most recent addition to my chronological album. It is *extremely* C&S, but I am quite proud of it.

Friends

TFL, ladies!

JHAWKEYE
Mayor
JHAWKEYE
In response to Lycosparks

Hello everyone...sorry it took so long to join the fun...

My name is Kate...i'm 38 and live in Iowa with my 11 yr old ds and my dh of 8 months (and the dog and cat that came with him ) I've only been scrapping since March 2007...but I'm here to tell you I got the shopping part down! I have a lot of catching up to do as far as scrapping my son's life...and have found that I am more random than chronological...but I'm ok with that. I also like to scrap pics of my niece. Working on the dh to let me scrap him, he's not too keen on the idea but like everything else I will wear him down...

My favorite color is chocolate...my favorite food is chocolate...and if I were stranded on a desert island I would take chocolate and Paul McCartney!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn lots!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:46 PM

Ok, I am finally able to write a little something.

Hi Everyone, I am Brandy. I am 27 and a mother to a 9 month old (who is teething) which is why it took me a while to get on here. I am own my own business so that keeps me very busy. But I am also somewhat of a stay at home mom in the sense that my son goes to work with me and is with me 24/7. I am married and I am working on baby number 2. Wish me luck

I am currently working on my son's baby book so all of my pages with be about my pregnancy and my son. His book is 8.5 x 11 but my next book which will hopefully be my wedding album will be 12x12.

I would like to add more dimension and depth to my pages. So that is my goal.

I have commented on everyone's page who left a link to a page!

Here are mine. I will break them up
Pregnancy Test
Father's Love

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:49 PM
In response to Bran

a few more
10 weeks
13 weeks
a very blurry15 weeks

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:51 PM
In response to Bran

Last two pages for now
19 weeks

24 weeks

ShirleyJB
Idol
ShirleyJB
In response to Bran

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, ladies! I especially like changing the "Then and Now" to the dates. I'm going to see if I can lift them off..if not, then on my daughter's I will use those suggestions.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:52 PM
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• VivianR Said:
The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

What? What does this mean? I don't know if I understand english today

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to scrappercaz

Hi, I'm Jaime.

I'm 28 years old. I've been married for nearly four years. No children yet. I work as the a communications coordinator for one of the largest school district's in the nation. It's always challenging.

I've been scrapping for nearly 10 years now. I love it. I love the simple look and believe that for me the photos and the journaling and the story should be the focus, not the embellishments. I go nuts when the message is lost in the mess of products.

My favorite color is pink. I love to ballroom dance, read, scrapbook - of course, travel. Someday I hope to be a SAHM and a great cook - there's just no time for cooking now.

Can't wait to improve my work and get to know all of you.

Here is my first lo for critique. I selected this one because it may be one of my submissions for CK's SOY contest but I worry there is no focal point and it is too muted. Thoughts?
traditions

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

It just means we agreed to start our comments with *CS* so that our comments on neighbours LOs are seen as part of a critique group and not just random suggestions!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

Hi, Bran. It was suggested we precede our comments for this critique group with the initials CS so people know the neighbor and the suggestion is from this thread.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 01:57 PM

• scrappercaz Said:
  • Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:

It just means we agreed to start our comments with *CS* so that our comments on neighbours LOs are seen as part of a critique group and not just random suggestions!

Oh ok, so in the gallaries start our comments with CS... I told you I was a little bit today

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to

LOL Kate! And welcome! I too love Sir Paul... saw him twice in concert! ::sigh::

Welcome, Brandy! So good to have you! Good luck with baby #2; so exciting!!

Glad to see you here, Jaime! Ballroom dancing, how interesting! I hope to learn how to do that someday. Sounds like so much fun.

It was so nice to see so many 'CS' comments on my lo! Thanks everyone! I may mat the photo, and I really love the idea of moving the ribbon up so it can be seen better. I'll go ahead and update the first post. We now have 20 people, 18 of whom are currently active. Yay!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Thanks for all your comments ladies...I intend to alter 'The Bride' LO but it's in an album I've lent to my Mum to show someone at the moment - I'll try and remember to repost when I get it back! I like the idea of matting 1 little photo in the 'Photogenic' LO but I hadn't thought about moving the title - I tend to like just off centre stuff...I'll mull over that one!

Becky - thank your dh for his suggestion - I will check that out next time I'm playing around in PS.

I've left comments for a few more LOs already so off to do some more now!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne

Here's another one I recently posted. It hasn't received much attention and so I am wondering what is off about it. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?These girls

TIA!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 02:32 PM
In response to Jaime Lynne

Thank you so much for you comments. They are truly helpful.

On the page with the pregnancy test. I found my original journal entry. It is much longer and more detailed and I was thinking of add that to the page in place of what was already there. I do believe it would take up a lot of the page.

From now on, I am going to post my pages in their "pre-glue" form! Your suggestions are great! I especially love it when I just get it right

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Bran

WOW!! All caught up on comments to here! You ladies certainly keep me busy. But I really enjoy it; there is so much talent here.

Oh and Brandy, I like your idea about posting the 'pre-glue' stage. That will really help when making changes!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Oh that's a good idea for new LOs - I thought it might be just me wondering if i'd actually be able to re-do any of my LO to incorporate your suggestions!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-17-07 02:53 PM

I am WAY to anal to be trying to un-glue anything! If I get a little speck of ink on a page I have to redo the whole thing!

I don't know what I am going to do with the already done pages!

Page 5 of 1114 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics