Page 8 of 1114 
Username Post: *Clean and Simple* Critique Group - Volume One        (Topic#1419185)
Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Jaime Lynne

Oh, and I browse the gallery daily. When I see a lo that pops for me I always leave a comment. It's a good way to make someone's day, make a new friend and increase my post count.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 07:31 AM
In response to JHAWKEYE

• JHAWKEYE Said:
Justa question...when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

For this group, I have only been commenting on what you link. There are so many links and I really don't have a ton of time. So I only comment on what you link for us, but there is nothing wrong with you linking what is already in your gallery!

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 07:34 AM

As far as dates go, sometimes I will write them very small under the photo. It may not show well in the scan but you can see it on the lo. I typically don't write and actual date though, I will write and age or a time period. Like for the baby's book, I will just write "5weeks" really small next to an ultrasound.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I think i just plain forget to date things.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to Rileysmom06

I always date my pages! The only exception is when I am doing a series of pages about the same event. Then the date will only appear on one of them. I think it's very important!

Jaime Lynne
Mayor
Jaime Lynne
In response to Lycosparks

I date every page on the front because I don't want to have to pull the page out of the protecter later to check the back. And the date can be it's own design element, like the title or journaling. I think it is important, too.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I date everything. No questions asked. My mother was a family historian/genealogist and I saw first hand how importatnt a date is generations later (I hope my books survive generations!). I either incorporate it into the design elements or I'll write it small in the corner or something to that effect.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to scrappindmbfan

As for commenting, I only comment when something really strikes me. I don't leave comments very often. I find a lot of times someone else has already commented on the same thing I like and I don't want to be redundant, I guess I'm kinda shy too.

Rileysmom06
Mayor
Rileysmom06

I just want to thank everyone for the suggestions i have received so far on my LO. Everytime i've received one, i've thought "hmmm" to myself. It's given me so new ideas!!! Thanks everyone!

London
London 
Veteran
London

Good morning everyone!! Catching up on posts. sorry if it's long..

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I'm at that stage where I'm not buying anything else and trying to use up my stash, so that's most likely not helping.

Anyone have any big plans for the weekend?

I also promised I wouldn't buy anything new for a while. Paper I'm fine on. But I don't have much when it comes to quotes/sayings/alpha rub-ons and stickers.

This weekend is my cousin's graduation. Tonight I'm driving up to Georgia for the event and tomorrow driving back up for her party. Going up early tonight so I can give her the book without so many people being around. Thank pete it's only an hour drive.

• JHAWKEYE Said:
when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

I do leave comments when something catches my eye and occasionally favorite it when it's really something I like. But I've just started browsing the gallery. And I have noticed that if you just browse it only the really awesome stuff shows up first, but if you search for something with a particular word in everything shows up, the awesome stuff to the beginners. When someone does leave a comment on one of mine I always go check their gallery out to return the niceness.

• Lycosparks Said:
Hope to do some baking today before my honey gets home too!

Sometimes I think it would be easier if we could just type DH. Thats the way I think of him, even if it's not legal yet.

I also try to date things when I know the date. Most of my sisters pages I did not know it. And the one I did last night, those pics were taken before I met him so I do not know the date. If I don't date things and I know the age I'll do that so at least in years down the road I can do the math..

YAY! I'm all caught up!! Hope this post doesn't look too messy.

Edited by ~Shelly~ on 05-18-07 08:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

It didn't look messy at all. One thing about us CS scrappers, we're always so neat, lol.

I could never write dates or any info on the backs of my lo's. And when I do hidden journaling, I always make sure it sticks out a bit and is obvious. I'm just worried they'd never been seen otherwise!

I think it's funny how when I leave comments in the main gallery, I often see a few of your names below mine. We enjoy the same styles; I guess we're all in the right place, huh!

London
London 
Veteran
London
In response to Lycosparks

I just wanted to ask ya'll .. when buying tools where do you go? A chain like HL or Joanns or your LSS?

I've been thinking instead of adding to my stash I'd concentrate on buying new tools for now. I've only got the basics.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • VivianR Said:
The CS at the beginning of our comments makes sense. That means I'll need to check this thread first, too. Otherwise I might comment from another source and not realize it.

What? What does this mean? I don't know if I understand english today

I'm in other challenges/threads with several people who are part of this challenge. So checking this thread frist will help me with my comments/suggestions and save me time.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

I agree it's impirtant to include the basic dates, names etc but I don't always want to make it part of the LO so I (try to remember to) include it on the back of the photo or mat. You're right , it might seem onvious now but we easily forget details over the years!

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:
I just wanted to ask ya'll .. when buying tools where do you go? A chain like HL or Joanns or your LSS?

I don't have an LSS. Or a Michaels, a Joanns, or HL... I go to AC Moore for now. But last month I bought supplies from sb.c for the first time! Will probably keep doing that; I was so pleased with the selection of brand name items!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jaime Lynne Said:
I wanted to ask a general question to the group regarding dates on los...

So many times I see a lo that does not include the date of the photo or event. Are people dating the backs of their los? Or is it hidden somewhere on the page? I see this a lot in the main gallery, too. I'm thinking it's important to include the date for posterity's sake and in 10 years when I look at a photo or page, I most likely will not remember that in such and such a year I was 25 years old or my child was three.

Any thoughts?

Since I scrap chronologically, I don't feel I need to date every layout. Plus when I scan them, I label them by date for example: 20070518-01.jpg. This also helpe me to track my own info. Plus I scrap calendars in my scrapbook to help me even remember that I had a dentist appt that month.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
  • JHAWKEYE Said:
Justa question...when browsing through the main gallery...do you just look at LO's or do you actually take the time to comment when you see something you like?

For this group, I have only been commenting on what you link. There are so many links and I really don't have a ton of time. So I only comment on what you link for us, but there is nothing wrong with you linking what is already in your gallery!

I almost ALWAYS leave a comment. It takes longer to download the image and look at it as it does for me to leave a comment usually. See my post counts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:

I've been thinking instead of adding to my stash I'd concentrate on buying new tools for now. I've only got the basics.

I love gadgets. I've got several craft stores in my area and they're always having sales, or clearances. Plus they have Coupons .

With gadgets you get to use them again and again. I'm into die cuts, so I have a Sizzix machine and Sidekick along with a Wishblade and other various shape cutting tools. And I stil occasionally do something free hand for heck of it!

Currently, I've been making tear bears and found that my Chizzel-it is great for "tearing."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Whew, finally caught up!! I tried to leave comments on everything that was linked here. Please let me know if I missed yours.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 05-18-07 09:03 AM
In response to London

• ~Shelly~ Said:

By tools do you mean...paper and stuff or like...paper cutters and equipment?

If it is just stuff like paper and embellishments and stuff like that I so to LSS and if I am at a discount like Big Lots I will grab some stuff. For more expensive stuff like cutters and such, I go Craigslist then Ebay then Walmart. In that order!

Page 8 of 1114 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics