Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Central PA Scrappers        (Topic#1419849)
PAscrapngirl
Tenant
PAscrapngirl

Okay, I'll see if you want to narrow it down to central PA!

I'm in Muncy, near Williamsport. I'm not new to scrapbook.com (and I have receipts to prove it), but I have just newly registered. I just retired from my job AND just got DSL, so I'm hoping to have lots more time to get involved online (and scrapbooking!)

I've been scrapping for almost three years. It's the culmination of every craft I've ever been interested in before - stenciling, stitching, stamping, calligraphy, photo editing, etc. It's my happy, calm, creative place...

Jan
My Simple Little Life

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to PAscrapngirl

Hi Jan

I used to live in Central PA (State College - for 9 years) but have lived in Atlanta, GA for the past 2 years. I often wish I was back in PA, but GA is where we are for now anyway.

Hope you find some scrappers close by!

Have a great day and enjoy sb.com !

Sylvia2
Veteran
Sylvia2
In response to Shutterbugg

Hi! I am a central PA scrapper. Have been scrapping since Aug. 2005, so I am still a newbie
Scrapping is my favorite passtime

I was born in Clearfield Co in 1954 moved to VA in 1974 and returned to PA in 1995 and this is where I want to be

PAscrapngirl
Tenant
PAscrapngirl
In response to Sylvia2

Okay, that's one still in central PA. I know I live in the boonies, but there must be more of you out there!

I would love to do a circle journal or something similar - but with scrappers that are fairly close so that our work wouldn't be hard to track down. Anyone interested?

I'd also love to know if there are scrappers nearby...

Sylvia2
Veteran
Sylvia2

Hi Jan

What a wonderful day in PA

Jan I am hosting a scripture journal. Check it out. We are in need of three more scrappers.

Sylvia

Teri1tlc
Tenant
Teri1tlc
In response to Sylvia2

I've been scrappin' for 10 years now and consider myself a serious scrapaholic! I live in State College now but am from Minneapolis, MN. I go to many of Susannah Benson's CM fall & winter weekend getaways at the Netherlands Inn, Strasburg (2+ hour drive) and would love to find out about any other all day or weekend crops in our area. I know about the ones at Grove's in Huntingdon but they are usually full. Any suggestions from you other CenPA Scrappers out there?

Teri1tlc
Tenant
Teri1tlc

Hi Jan,
I've been scrappin' for 10 years now and consider myself a serious scrapaholic! I've lived in State College, PA for 5 years now but am originally from Minneapolis, MN.

I go to many of Susannah Benson's (CM consultant) fall & winter weekend getaways at the Netherlands Inn, Strasburg (2+ hour drive) and would love to find out about any other all day or weekend crops in our area. I know about the ones at Grove's in Huntingdon and the Mahaffey weekends. Any suggestions from you other CenPA Scrappers out there?

Peace,
Teri

Sylvia2
Veteran
Sylvia2
In response to Teri1tlc

Hi
Below is a link to Jack and Jill's in Clearfield there is an all day crop there this Sat. Check it out.
Sylvia

http://www.jackandjillscrapbooking.com/

Teri1tlc
Tenant
Teri1tlc
In response to Sylvia2

Thanks much for this, Sylvia! I'll check it out today. I'm already going to an all day crop at a local friend's house this Saturday, but I'll get to Jack & Jill's soon.

Teri

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to Teri1tlc

Hello!

I do not know if I would count as Central PA, some people say I am and some people say I am not! I know I am a bit south of State College and such...but I don't think I am all that far from you both.

I am in Palmyra just outside of Harrisburg, I think about 2 hours from State College, forgot how long it took DH and I to get there the one time we went there for our first Penn State Football Game. Any hoots, I would love to chat with you.

BTW...what is a circle journal...I might be interested, just not sure what they are!

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to scraptoremember

Bumping the thread back up to see if we have any others in our area...there has to be, come on ladies, we know your out there!

Brandi

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember

Anyone out there, Is there no one out there in Central PA?

Tenant

I'm new to these forums. I live near Harrisburg. I've only attended Creative Memories events, but would like to attend some other ones near here.

Kathy

sanderf
Expert
sanderf
In response to MyMeemaw

just wanted to say hi - I live outside of Boston, MA right now but grew up in Lock Haven, and my parents still live there. Are there any good scrapbooking stores in the Williamsport / State College area?

Fabre

PAscrapngirl
Tenant
PAscrapngirl
In response to sanderf

Hi! There did used to be a good store in State College, but it didn't make it, I guess. BUT, a brand new store is opening in S. Williamsport this Saturday. Can't wait to check it out!

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo

okay, i'm SOUTH central pa, does that count? LOL

i'm in greencastle, i'm pretty much in a little town directly above the maryland state line. i am a mile above the state line and about 5 miles south of chambersburg. i am about an hour south of harrisburg if that helps.

nletizia
New Kid On the Block
nletizia
In response to Prettylolo

Hi! I live in Carlisle, PA. I have a few events here and there. If anyone is interested, let me know.

scraptoremember
Expert
scraptoremember
In response to nletizia

Hi Everyone,

Had to look to find this and bump us back up. I am in Palmyra, about 5 to 10 minutes from Harrisburg.

Does anyone have or know of any events coming up in the area?

Anyone else in our general area?

Brandi

New Kid On the Block

Hello everyone! I'm in Mechanicsburg PA! I just found this site tonight. I've been scrapbooking for several years, but truthfully my stuff has sat for a long time due to our crazy schedules. I just never seem to find the down time to focus on my albums these days. I'm hoping to change that and soon!

I am helping to organize a scrapbook event that will be held 10/20/07. Can I post the details here? This is a casual, low key event!

Date: 10/20/07
Time 9am-10pm
Loc: St Pauls United Methodist Church
335 Church Road, Etters PA 17339
Cost: $10
12 hours of scrapbooking time available and plenty of space for each person. Scrapbook consultants that I anticipate participating will be Close to My heart, Creative Memories, Stampin Up and Top Lince Creations....that may change just a bit, but there will be several consultants. There will also be consultants from many of your favorite home party plans (pampered chef, longaberger, tastefully simple, etc.) One stop shopping, 12 hours scrapping....a perfect girls day out!

Contact Susan Bertolette at jberts@ptd.net or Melinda Gochenaur at gmemgoch@verizon.net

Preregistration is required to reserve scrapbooking seat. If you want to just come by and shop the other booths, there is no fee.

Thanks!
Melinda

Tenant
In response to MelindaG

Hi Gals,
I am from Bellefonte just north of State College and have been scrapbooking for about 5 years. I am a self proclaimed scrapaholic too and I do not want a 12 step program to cure me! Jan...I have a free crop at my house once a month and there is a great crop in Pleasant Gap once a month. Let me know if you are interested in either one and I will get you more info! Hi Teri!!
Kim

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics