Page 1 of 92 
Username Post: The Grammar Gurus        (Topic#1420201)
reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Proofreading in your blood? Do you spot typos in layouts, menus, books, sb mags, websites, etc? Then this place is for you!

And if you *need* any of your LOs edited, just post it here, and any one of us would be more than willing to help you out on grammar and spelling!

Edited by reyasunshine on 05-23-07 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Debstamps1
Queen
Debstamps1
In response to reyasunshine

Like this title much better!!!!

Hi Reyanna!!!

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to Debstamps1

Hello

MOMOF3SONS
Tenant
MOMOF3SONS

I'm sure I will be in this forum a lot! My grammar is not the best....lol

Jenny~Bear
Idol
Jenny~Bear
In response to MOMOF3SONS

What a neat idea

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Jenny~Bear

Yay! for good grammar and spelling!

silhouette74
Veteran
silhouette74
In response to NMlady

LOL the grammar gurus...cute thread title. I'm all for that as you can see by the other thread that this originated in.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to silhouette74

• silhouette74 Said:
LOL the grammar gurus...cute thread title. I'm all for that as you can see by the other thread that this originated in.

LOL!

And welcome to everybody! MomOf3Sons... post away!

Deb, thanks! (And HI!!!! I miss you!) I like this name better too. And I had never actually looked up the title of "guru" in the dictionary. Did you know that it means "an intellectual or spiritual guide or leader; any person who counsels or advises; mentor; leader in a particular field"? Once I read that, I thought it was PERFECT!

And this is our Grammar "Guruship." LOL.

Edited by reyasunshine on 05-23-07 11:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Love this idea! I'll be checking in here for sure.

dashe79
Expert
dashe79

• reyasunshine Said:
Proofreading in your blood? Do you spot typos in layouts, menus, books, sb mags, websites, etc? Then this place is for you!

And if you *need* any of your LOs edited, just post it here, and any one of us would be more than willing to help you out on grammar and spelling!

You know I'm in!
At my newspaper, we started a breaking news blog on our Web site, where reporters put up quick blurbs so we can beat other local media. But the reporters are putting stuff up there that hasn't been edited, and every time I look at it, I WANT TO RIP MY HAIR OUT! Usually, there's not major mistakes up there, but little grammar/AP style things drive me nuts!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to dashe79

Another proofreader here! I've got my red pen ready. hehe

I'm proud to see that everyone here spelled grammar right!

Scrapper949
Veteran
Scrapper949
In response to Judy_Scraps

Hey I DID spele gramer rite. Wat r u taking abot? yur the won speling it rong.

(Are your punctuation police alarms going off yet?)

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Scrapper949

Um ...so does this mean that ya'll will help me with my essays for school too? My profs always say to have someone proof read my essays (I am not that horrid, but still most people could use a proof reader). The problem is that I never have anyone who is willing to proof read. It sounds great in theory, but no one wants to do it...

lol! I might be harassing you all next semester! Who wants to read a psychology paper?

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to riorabbit

LOL. Hi, my name is Lauri and I'm addicted to good grammar.

So glad I found you girls. I'm an English Creative Writing major (just graduated earlier this month). So yes, I admit, I too am a 'word nerd' as someone called it in the previous thread. Nice to meet all of you!

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to Lycosparks

El.Ed. major, English minor.

I was surprised to see a misspelling on the Cricut website. "Phenomenom" instead of "phenomenon" was the word. It almost made me wonder if that was the real Cricut site or a fake one!

Any misspellings I will have to blame on my DH's laptop. I can't wait to get our regular computer fixed and get back to typing on that normal keyboard!

Lolawid
Governor
Lolawid

• reyasunshine Said:
  • silhouette74 Said:

LOL!

And welcome to everybody! MomOf3Sons... post away!

Deb, thanks! (And HI!!!! I miss you!) I like this name better too. And I had never actually looked up the title of "guru" in the dictionary. Did you know that it means "an intellectual or spiritual guide or leader; any person who counsels or advises; mentor; leader in a particular field"? Once I read that, I thought it was PERFECT!

And this is our Grammar "Guruship." LOL.

This is the grammer guru ship? When do we set sail?

Lolawid
Governor
Lolawid
In response to Lolawid

btw, I do know that I misspelled "grammar". hehehe

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to Lolawid

LOL! An intelligent AND witty bunch... I like you Ladies already!

Rio - I'd love to proof an essay! I coach high school gymnastics every winter, and I'm always grabbing their papers (without their permission, mind you) and correcting them or giving them pointers. LOL.

Mac - that's great! I like that. I'd never heard that before!

Oh! My version of Firefox has "spell-check as you type," and I love it!! I *still* edit my posts before hitting "post" though. LOL.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Something I keep seeing over and over is 'loose' in place of 'lose' and it drives me crazy!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to Lycosparks

• Lycosparks Said:
Something I keep seeing over and over is 'loose' in place of 'lose' and it drives me crazy!

That one bugs me too. Unfortunately it's a pretty common misspelling.

Page 1 of 92 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics