Page 1 of 276 
Username Post: The Parthenon Gallery support group(full and active)        (Topic#1424665)
scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

this is a critique group full of hard working people.We try to keep things stress free around here so we don't have a lot of challenges and things.What we do have is a bunch of very supportive,fun people who love to scrap and share the work they have done.If you are looking for a laid back place to share your work and maby give and recieve some ideas to help us become better scrapbookers we would love to have you join us and look foward to meeting you
THANKS
LYNN
Lamoo12 (melanie, dec 3)
Horse with noname (Glenda,Nov 18)
Scraphappen (lynn,Oct 29) (group Driver)
Fablady (Karen,dec 9)
Elzste (Elzie,Jun 24)
El Kady (Laura, Aug 10)
Chuewanita (Lisa, Nov 8 )
Ann Marie (ann,Jul 25)
a pez4 (alicia, july 23)
DNA301 (Ashley,march 1)
Catwil (cat,july 5th)
april eric forever (april, oct 11)
Fleur De Lis (Olga,jul2ed)
ozzy(Kim.Nov21)
scrappingaddict (Ann Marie AKA Ann M,Nov4th)
scrapjunki (Gail,Sept 22ed)
betty 1 (judy,AKA betty ,Jul24)
Queen of pink(Santie,DEC 12)
Purple freakazoid (Niccy,Oct31)
I believe this is everyone.Welcome and feel free to jump inand enjoy.
I HAVE UPDATED THIS LIST IF YOU DONOT SEE YOUR NAME AND WISH TO REMAIN A MEMBER PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GLADLY ADD YOU BACK TO THE LIST

Time For Some Fun

ANYTHING GOES SWAP (Finished)

Karens Early Fall ATC Swap
THR RULES
1..Sighn ups end Aug 20th
2..Theme is anything you would like
3..ATC cards are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 in size
4..Name,Date,group,etc should be printed on back
5..Cards should be mailed no later than sept 23rd
to karen along with a self addresses STAMPED
envelope.HOW TO DO THIS IS LISTED IN DETAIL
BELOW.
6..This is most important HAVE FUN dont stress over it and ask questions if you dont know. this is supose to be fun
Members
Karen
Glenda
April
Laura
Santie
AnnM
Cat
Lynn
Gail
HOW TO SEND A SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE

1.. you need two envelopes (Padded Prefered)
1 big enough to hold ATC's and return
envelope.this should have the address
you are sending them to.
2ed envelope should be big enough to hold
your ATC's in.this envelope should be
addressed to youeself.this envelope
is for the person running the swap to
send your swap items back to you.
2.. Bring envelopes and cards to postoffice and
have postmaster weigh everythin,both
envelpoes and cards and have him put that
amt of postage on the return envelpoe(this
should give you a little extra on the return
envelope incase it may weigh a little more
on the return
place envelope and cards in envelope
addressed to person running swap and have
postmaster put same postage on that envelope
then mail.
this is the cheapest way to run a swap and
the self addressed stamped envelopes are a
way to prevent the person running the swap
from paying out a bunch of postage>
3.. thanks for cooperating

Link to old parthenon forum Locked

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to scraphappen

hey everyone it's Me.
the old post will be locked soon but you will still be able to read the posts if you may have missed any.I will also add a link to here so it can be easily gotten to.please add any new posts here to assure that we all get a chance tosee them and respond.
Yay the weekend has Begun.although I have no time to work on my LO because I'm working.I Hope I will Tomorrow.It would be nice to have a new LO to post.
Have A Great Saturday
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hi Gina I entered the contest.I cant believe how many people did.this is a link to my LO if you want to see it

Lucky 7 entry

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Glenda
Have you tried to enter a digi contest.I dont do digi becaust i'm just not that technical so i dont know the rules for them.but you should give it a try your work is great.will you post a link to your latest here.
lynn

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 04:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hey Ellz.Boy you go girl! you just keep kicking those LO out for us.Great Job.Could you post a link On our new thread so we can all look at it
Thanks
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

Hi Jen glad to see you poped in to say HI.I'm sorry work has been so crazy .I hope you will have a restful weekend
Lynn

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

I found this posted on one of out sister group threads.I thought it was cute.give it a try just click on the pic to answer the Questions

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 07:26 AM

I tried that profile thing. I'm a wild cat. I don't know how I got that way, but the whole thing was spot on for me.

New thread, new digs, cool beans!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-23-07 07:30 AM
In response to GrandmaMichelf

Wow, I don't know where I've been but I didn't think about entering that contest because I thought you had to use specific papers or something. Now that I've read the rules, I got plenty of time to submit 7 layouts. This is so cool.

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7

I entered a few layouts in the lucky 7 contest but I don't have a chance in he** on winning...that's ok...I just enter for fun...uploaed them anyway.

Lynn, can you fix my name and bday on the first post.... Adrienne / August 27... Thanks!

Have a great weekend ladies!

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen

good luck entering the contest.I hope you post the LO here for us to see.
glad you like the new thread.If you have any ideas for anything such as chalenges and what not please let me know
This is for all of you I'm sure their is a lot of great ideas from all of you

Adrienne7
Diva
Adrienne7
In response to Adrienne7

Oh yeah...on the last thread Ellz asked if we could make suggestions on how she could make her page better....

How about if when we post a link to a new layout we say if we want critique or just love.

On a critique comment you can list something you like...something you would change or add...and something else you like. about the layout.

Just an idea...

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to Adrienne7

• Adrienne7 Said:
I entered a few layouts in the lucky 7 contest but I don't have a chance in he** on winning...that's ok...I just enter for fun...uploaed them anyway.

Lynn, can you fix my name and bday on the first post.... Adrienne / August 27... Thanks!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Aug 27th is a much better day
If you would post a link to your entries I would love to see them

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 07:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to Adrienne7

• Adrienne7 Said:
Oh yeah...on the last thread Ellz asked if we could make suggestions on how she could make her page better....

How about if when we post a link to a new layout we say if we want critique or just love.

On a critique comment you can list something you like...something you would change or add...and something else you like. about the layout.

Just an idea...

great Idea.What I've seen done is for a person to leave some love in the comments area of the posted LO and critiques on the group thread so the general public does'nt need to read it if the creator of the LO does not wish it.either way it is nice to know if the creator is looking for a critique or not.
Thank you for the sugestion of how to kindly critique by pointing out something you like something you would add or change and something else you like.I have been a bit shy about giving a critique because I'm not such a great scrapper and dont want to offend anyone.
Have a great week end

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaggieMom
Idol
MaggieMom

I just uploaded a new LO. Please feel free to check it out and critique. I was using one of Q-diggity's new Sketch ideas.

http://scrapbook.com/galleries/149159/view /895231/-1/0/...

I had fun at the Great American Scrapbook Convention yesterday, but ended up with "sensory overload!" The coolest new product I found was customized 12x12 cs. They have random or horizontal patterns in various color schemes where they print your name or 2 names, date, etc. It's what I used for the LO above.

scraphappen
Diva
scraphappen
In response to MaggieMom

Hi maria.I'm glad you found us and welcome back.I'nm glad you had a good time at the convention .
Your LO is beautiful and the dog is sooo cute.I have a hard time with the critique part.I love the flurishes and colors and photo.everything.If I had to pick something to add or change it would be to do something to make the pic stick out a little better.I dont know what maby a frame or something to keep the pic from getting a little lost in the background
If im out of line please let me know i'm a bit new at this
thanks Lynn

Edited by scraphappen on 06-23-07 08:43 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MaggieMom
Idol
MaggieMom

Lynn, Thanks for the critique (I'm Connie BTW). You are not out of line at all. In fact I was thinking the same thing myself about adding a mat to the photo. Great point.

My understanding of the forum is that we would be giving constructive criticism, praise, whatever - that's exactly what you did! I don't want just a pat on the head here, but want to get input from other scrappers so I can continue to improve and refine my "art."

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
Hi Gina I entered the contest.I cant believe how many people did.this is a link to my LO if you want to see it

Lucky 7 entry

that is awesome that you entered! I love the lo! I will leave you some love there in just a bit (wanna catch up here first)

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
I found this posted on one of out sister group threads.I thought it was cute.give it a try just click on the pic to answer the Questions

I did this and it was pretty accurate...said I was a ROMANTIC..awwwwwwwwwwwww (I am) lol!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew

• scraphappen Said:
  • Adrienne7 Said:

Just an idea...

great Idea.What I've seen done is for a person to leave some love in the comments area of the posted LO and critiques on the group thread so the general public does'nt need to read it if the creator of the LO does not wish it.either way it is nice to know if the creator is looking for a critique or not.
Thank you for the sugestion of how to kindly critique by pointing out something you like something you would add or change and something else you like.I have been a bit shy about giving a critique because I'm not such a great scrapper and dont want to offend anyone.
Have a great week end

Personally I thought the purpose of our groups was to gain constructive critisism....then when I started seeing everyone post only "love" I started doing the same...but I would prefer that we helped one another by suggesting ideas to help make our work better. So I say we leave love under the lo and post suggestions here on the thread.

Page 1 of 276 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics