Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New Upload Tool!        (Topic#1427141)
McKane
McKane 
Expert
McKane

We've enhanced the upload tool and added an "alternate uploader" for those who were having problems and for dial-up users.

This should resolve the "sticking" images, and those who were having time-outs during the upload process.

The alternate uploader should work better with all operating systems, connection speeds, browsers, and isp (should be much better for AOL users).

If you've had problems uploading in the past, feel free to jump in and try it out:

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/upload.php

thecircleguru
Governor
thecircleguru
In response to McKane

Cool! Thanks so much!!!

Brandy Scraps
Expert
Brandy Scraps
In response to thecircleguru

The new uploader has worked great for me since you have installed it. However...the two images I have been trying to upload today are all distorted or I get an error that says it is unable to be resized.

Is anyone else having this problem?
What can I do to fix it?

All help is appreciated!!!

McKane
McKane 
Expert
McKane
In response to Brandy Scraps

Give it a shot again today and see if it works. We made some changes yesterday that may affect things.
Let me know.

traceyk
Idol
traceyk
In response to McKane

I have always been able to use the default uploader and my lo's are clear and look great. I tried all day yesterday to upload with no success. I tried the alternative uploader yesterday and again this morning and my images are completely distorted. I have layouts ready to upload. But I don't want to have distorted lo's in my gallery. What to do?

scrappinbuddy
Pro
scrappinbuddy
In response to McKane

Thanks for the new upload tool! It worked great for me. I do have another ? (unrelated). Somewhere I read to upload the last pg of a 2-page layout 1st, which makes sense. I've done that & all but once it entered correctly into the main gallery, but then it mixes them up in my personal gallery, which is probably where most people will view them later. Any suggestions?

McDeb
McDeb 
Resident
McDeb
  • McDeb on 09-09-07 09:24 AM
In response to scrappinbuddy

Hi, I am trying to upload some pics into my gallery for the first time & having no luck. I chose the alt uploader; clicked on browse; located my pic. The location appeared in the box beside the browse button. I clicked on the upload button and the field beside the browse button went blank, with the cursor flashing at the right edge of the box; no picture was uploaded. WHat am I doing wrong? THanks!!!

Deb

scrappinbuddy
Pro
scrappinbuddy
In response to McDeb

So sorry I won't be helpful on this one. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Maybe the file size is too large? Hopefully someone else will know... Good Luck!

McDeb
McDeb 
Resident
McDeb
  • McDeb on 09-09-07 11:05 AM
In response to scrappinbuddy

thanks!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to McDeb

If you're using a Mac, with Safari, it won't work...you'll need to use Firefox. That's the first thing that occurs to me.

If that's not it, post more details about your system.

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 10-08-07 06:30 PM
In response to Megan - ForumTech

Can I upload my album pages to the gallery? I have them on my personal gallery, but wondered if you have to have permission to add your pages to the big gallery, if you have to meet some requirements? I have completed 5 pages of my Irish travel scrapbook

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to PatiB

Unless you've put them in a private album, they'll show in a main gallery display, as well.

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 10-09-07 05:56 AM

Thank you my gallery isn't private so they must be there somewhere

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to PatiB

They'd show up under whatever categories you chose when you uploaded.

dasiyduck
Veteran
dasiyduck

I am having trouble uploading a Picture It keeps telling me can't tell what format it is. It is a jpg and I have always uploaded jpg's before.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to dasiyduck

I'm not familiar with Picture It . But, often, resaving works. Do a File, Save As, give it a new filename, and make sure JPG is selected for the file type.

mdurbin17
Tenant
mdurbin17

Is there any way to arrange the layouts in our personal albums? Like to keep page 1 with page 2, etc.....? Would love to know if there is a way to arrange the layouts in the albums!! THANKS!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to mdurbin17

Not at this point. It's on the suggestion list, but I don't have an ETA.

New Kid On the Block
In response to McKane

hi brenda, love your cards, a terrific job! i see you posted the ones you made in our scrapbk class last weekend; hope you enjoyed it. i really love you and your personality. your a fun person! stay cool! love, rita

Tenant
In response to ritapita

thanks for the helpful tip, i haven't' used this feature for now, but i know where to look for it for now..

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics