Page 173 of 173 
Username Post: Full and Active - Kids At Heart ATC Swap        (Topic#1431811)
cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to Moonflower

Hello girls! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Vikki and Kitty, my friend actually went through 2 books on the cruise. She read a lot. There is plenty of things to do but also you have plenty of time to read too. I was just too lazy to pick up my book.

Kitty, if it was just me and hubby, i probably would have picked up the book. I have read on the cruises before. We wouldn't be taking a two week cruise if we didn't meet the other couple and cruise with them. They are fun and all four of us love cruising and the Caribbean islands. The two boys have so much fun being goofy together. Plus, we only see them once a year and a week goes by so fast. Next year, we are doing another 14 night cruise. We already booked it!

Reyanna, goodness, four kids? Really? That is a lot! Good thing you are on your way. You will be a great mother!

Amber, how are things going with you? Are you busy with weddings and photo shoots this summer?

Vikki, congrats on your last day! What a feeling to be able to say goodbye to a job you don't care for. I have been there! (I like my job now despite the stress going on a work with the layoffs.) The morale right now is real low and some days are really tough for me but for us all. I have made a lot of wonderful friends at my current work. Friends for a lifetime, not just co-worker friends.

Angela, glad you chose to take a shower rather than write to us! I would have done the same thing! Are you doing something special for Father's Day? It is two more weeks! Yikes!

I better get going. I have a lot to do on my to-do list today. I have Sundays to myself again, DH's schedule changed and he is working today. I like having Sundays to myself!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Hi Angela. I can't even begin to imagine how you find time to visit here at all, so I'm glad to see even your short posts. I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I'm in awe of mothers. I really do believe that it's the most challenging job ever, so kudos to anyone who has the patience.

Vikki, YAY for no more work! (I won't mention how jealous I am.)

Reyanna, you said you might buy The Hunger Games so Jeremy can read it on you Kindle. You *share* your Kindle?!! I'll occasionally read out loud to Rocky, but he ain't touching my Kindle.

That link you sent - oh yeah, that's going to be awesome with Mickeys! Gosh, I really need to work on decorating my scrap room / office. Of course, I think my creative mojo has taken quite the extended vacation. (At least, I hope it's only a vacation.)

Vikki, I see nothing wrong with reading young adult books. On the other hand, I see nothing wrong with going to Walt Disney World every year, without kids. Ummm... yeah... looks like our thread name certainly fits me, at least.

Speaking of our thread... I keep wondering if SB.com will let us keep it forever. From the looks of it, we're pretty much the only ones using this entire forum - "Active but Full Swaps"...

which leads to another question: my hubby is convinced that scrapbooking is seriously dieing, and I'm finally beginning to wonder if he's right. Obviously it isn't completely dead, but all the smaller scrap stores in our area have closed or are closing - just Archivers left. And they entirely eliminated the scrap shelves at our huge Wal-Mart super store. I'm a bit out of the loop, so maybe it only looks that way to me. I slowed WAY down mostly because of the economy. When I stopped getting the magazines and buying new supplies, I think some (okay, a LOT) of the fun was taken out of it. I'm sure I still have enough paper to create a hundred (or more? ) layouts, but I just can't seem to make myself actually work with what I've got.

However, I really always intended to come back to it someday. I didn't mean to give it up altogether. And it's not like any other crafty thing has taken its place. I've had other crafty hobbies, but none that hooked me like scrapbooking did. I hope it isn't dead.

Okay, I have to get back to that Amazon sale. It's terrible, but Amazon has over 600 e-books on sale right now - Sunshine Deals - and some of these deals are too good to pass up, even though I probably already have enough e-books to keep reading for the rest of my life. (Although, Angela, there is some question if you'll still be able to read Kindle books on Apple devices after June 30th. E-mail me if you're curious and don't know what I'm talking about.)

Hi Amber plus 2! Hi Louisa!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to bashfulscrapper

Louisa, I think it's awesome that you've found friends to cruise with. I sometimes wish Rocky and I had another couple we could do things with. I know Rocky likes being a hermit, and most of the time I'm okay with it... but I think we'd both benefit from something like that.

And there's nothing wrong with *not* reading. It sounds like you do keep pretty busy on the cruises, but maybe you're also better at relaxing than I am. I can't sit down to breakfast without picking up the cereal box to read it. On vacation, I don't carry the Kindle with me when go to the parks (Rocky won't let me, LOL), but by the time we reach our destination after riding on a Disney bus, I can pretty much recite every one of the "ads" they have plastered around the top of the bus.

Good luck with your Sunday to-do list! I hope it includes some fun things!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

It's 101 degrees right now....it's a hot one today.

Kitty, I have some thoughts about your comments about scrapbooking. I will have to put my words in sentences now. I will check-in later.

Edited by ScrapperV on 06-07-11 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 06-07-11 12:34 PM

Hey Ladies!! Sorry for being away so long - I went on a girl's trip for my best friend's 30th birthday. It was fun but catching up has been killing me!

I had a Drs appointment right before we left and the ultrasound tech was nice enough to guess the sex of the babies - two girls! She's not 100% though so we should know for sure at our next appointment. I hope at least one of them remains a girl, LOL!

Let's see where do I start??

Vikki - congrats on being freed from your job!! I too am jealous.

Reya - love the art - bet it is even cuter with Mickey! I haven't been measuring my belly. Not sure I want to know.

Louisa - I think John and I might have enjoyed our cruise more if we had been with friends. My dad keeps talking about wanting to do a family cruise and I can see enjoying that!

Kitty - Scrapbooking has been fizzling out around here too We don't even have an Archiver's so our choices are limited to JoAnne's, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. It makes me so sad!!

Hi Angela! I agree - showers are fabulous and must be taken when the opportunity presents itself! HA!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to MrsVo

Hey, all! I guess I'm about a once-a-weeker here. We took G on her longest drive ever, and the most driving ever in one day and she did pretty good. I found a neat idea online involving a pillow, cookie sheet, hot glue gun and magnets. She enjoyed that for the better part of an hour during the three hour drive. Six hours in the car with a 21 month old - that's brave!

Kitty! I don't know how Moms do it either. I only have one and I can't keep up. And now I've started a new project. I'm not sure if it'll work out, but maybe it'll inspire me to work harder. Reyanna, replied to an email I sent and said I could blog about G's cardboard 'tent' and I had been thinking about it. Sorry, Reyanna, I never did respond to your email (except in my head many times). So.... I'm going to give it a shot. I'm still trying to figure out how to make a header, etc. But I blogged here: http://simplewhims.blogspot.com/ I'm not including G's face or name....not sure if I'll decide otherwise later. The blogs I love to read, I love their photos of their kids, but then I don't want G posted all over the web with links, etc. So.....

Reyanna, your blog is fabulous. I imagine that person who made the comment has some insecurities of his/her own. Blah to them. You keep on doing what makes you happy. You are getting so close to baby time!! Yay!! I can't wait to see your photos. And since your hubby does photos, you can relax and let him worry with that. So great. I stressed so much over whether I was properly photographing G - seems mostly ridiculous now.

Amber, maybe girls!! Eeeeeeeeeeeee! So Much Fun! And your hubby takes photos, so you are in luck too! Yay! I never came back and commented, but we had a little help getting G after our losses. After all the testing,etc, we managed with just Clomid and monitoring (blah!) thankfully, but goodness is all that stressful. So I feel for you. I'm sure you are well on your way to leaving that stress behind.

Vikki, so hot! It's hot here too and still very dry. So...enjoying some happy, free time? Or are you actively seeking work? The Toni Weschler book is very good, if you are interested it's a good place to start. You aren't too old, but it is easier in the twenties for most women. Ah, well. I'll be 36 this year and trying again.

Louisa, you are beautiful in your new cruise pics! G and I have completed 6 of the 30 day shreds. I bought level one thru Amazon downloads. Thanks for the advice. The first time G screamed and cried thru the last half. Now she mostly likes it. At the end she doesn't like me going from standing to the floor. I think because she's ready to stop. Ha! I have got to work on Father's Day. We'll probably make D another lemon pie and some artwork. A day to yourself, sounds so nice!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

Angela, I love your new blog! Unfortunately, I've tried everything I can think of, but the darn thing will *not* let me leave a comment. I'm logged into my Google account, and I even became a "follower" (whatever that means, LOL).

I'm so out of touch with all this social network stuff. I have a friend who's now tweeting. These things are like constant! I can't remember to check into FB on any kind of regular basis, and I only have something like 50 friends (almost half of which I'd probably "unfriend", if I didn't feel so guilty). How do I keep up?

It's terrible, but I'm beginning to wish I had either a smart phone, or a tablet (iPad thingy). Maybe if I could sit on the couch in the evenings, or check it to and from work, maybe I could keep up? And I'm going to go crazy on our next vacation, knowing that all the other Disney people are planning, and gathering, and talking (even talking about *me*), but I won't have any way to know what's going on, short of seeing them in person. My laptop is officially dead, so that's no longer an option. But I just can't justify some insane monthly 3G bill, for something that I'm just not sure how much I'd use. Angela, has the iPad changed your life? What about your iPhone, Vikki?

Amber, I am so excited for you! You know, I have an old friend (known her and her family since I was five) who has twins. It seems to me that - aside from the twins thing - you and she have a bit in common. She's always been the go-getter, doing a million things at once (and doing all of them well). She's an amazing mom, raising two absolutely perfect little kids, so I have no doubt that you're going to be exactly the same way.

Vikki, 101º?!! Wow - I thought we were warm with mid-90's. Is it humid there? We're pretty sticky here. But honestly, I am so glad that it's not cold and snowy. I'll take the humidity - especially when it comes with blue skies.

And regarding scrapbooking... I looked at both Wal-Mart, and our nice big Giant Eagle recently, trying to find a copy of Cardmaker magazine, hoping that a magazine might help me get my mojo back, and knowing that I need to make some cards. Not only could I not find this magazine, but I found only ONE scrapbook magazine at Wal-Mart (one copy - not just one type), and it was buried under a pile of other magazines. Giant Eagle had none. Both stores have a pretty decent mag collection. This is not a good sign for our hobby.

Hi Louisa! Hi Reyanna!

Okay, that's all I've got today. I managed to get most of my chores done. Now I'm just hoping that the sun comes out so I can sit on the deck a bit. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Kitty, I think Blogger is having some issues. I can't get it to let me fix my profile. Blah. Thanks for looking. Don't worry about keeping up with the blog either. It's more of an outlet...I haven't even told family yet. Not sure if I'll keep it up. But I thought I'd give it a shot. And, no, the iPad hasn't changed my life. But I don't have 3G. It does allow me to sneak on the internet while I'm cleaning the kitchen and G is in the living room watching Elmo. Right now as I am at the computer she is crawling all over me.

Kitty, I really haven't noticed the falling of sbing popularity. I didn't know we were the only ones using the Swap Forum. How weird that feels. I too have a bunch of paper that I need to use and I don't have the money to buy more. We've never really had an LSS, but one opened a couple of years ago and then added quilting stuff to half her store. Which is awesome! But brand name quilting fabrics are expensive and going up in price. And now I'm rambling. Scrapbooking will never really die, I am sure. But it sure is nice to be able to easily find fun, new products. I hope that the news folks that say we are headed for a great, great depression are wrong. But I do have a few extra bags of dried beans in my pantry. :P

Vikki and Reyanna(?) y'all mentioned gardening before. G and I have tried to do some vegetable gardening, but the unusually high temps and dry conditions have not been good for us. We have kept our tomatoes watered though. I'm hoping we'll soon have some. My parents have a nice garden that has done well, so we've been mooching off of them.

We made a dutch baby for breakfast this morning. It was pretty good.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover

HI ladies!

I do miss scrapbooking. I really do. Maybe it is dying a bit. I have two groups here, you and another group. But I haven't been coming here very often.

What do you think of starting a group on FB, just "US" here? As far as I know, we can make it private and nobody can see our posts. I am in a group there and it's private. (It's an exercise (Turbo Fire) group)

Amber! Two girls! Wow! How exciting. Are you still doing weddings?

Angela, What is a dutch baby? It sounds like a big giant pastry thingie and i bet I would LOVE it! LOL!
Also, I will have to check out your blog.
Poor G not wanting to finish the workout! That is so darn cute! But, I bet she will get used to it and like it more and think it's "fun". It is nice spending time with her that way.
(Thanks for the compliment)

Yes, I agree being a mother is very HARD and I don't know how moms do it, especially with more than one!

Kitty! I think an iPad might be the way to go. I do not have a smart phone. Hubby and I don't want the extra bill each month. I just got an iPod and I LOVE it! (It was a gift) I love it so much I said I wanted an iPhone but i don't really need it. We would each have to get a data plan and that is 30.00 a month for EACH phone. I would rather spend 60.00 on something else. (But that is just us because we are frugal and we don't feel it's a neccessity) I take my iPod with me in my purse and lots of places have WiFi now.

Vikki, how is your "vacation" going? It was so cute the day you posted a picture of your legs/feet by the pool. You looked a little "pink". I hope you didn't get sunburned. Also, 101 is just crazy! Weird weather. We got to mid 70s today. We haven't had Hot or extreme weather yet.

Reyanna, you are so darn cute with your pregnant belly! I can't believe the perfect round belly! You look ready to burst. Can't wait to see your little one.

So, Vikki will be next.....Vikki, are you pregnant yet?

Me and Kitty will be the only two left that are "kid-less" from our Kids at Heart group. I think I told you gals that I won't be having kids.

Two more days is hubby's birthday. I bought him a card! I don't remember the last time I bought him a birthday card. I usually make one.

Like I said, I really do miss scrapbooking. I just can't find the motivation to get upstairs and do something about it! I just need to do it! I should just pick up a magazine and scraplift it! How easy is that?

Take care girlies. Let me know if you want to start a FB group. It would be private and we can chat this way.

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to cruiselover

I created the group. I didn't realize it's so easy. It is PRIVATE.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 06-17-11 11:56 AM
In response to cruiselover

So does this mean our thread here is officially kaput? I cant get on FB at work + I have a hard time keeping up with the groups. Hopefully since there aren't as many of us in it than my other groups it will be more manageable.

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to MrsVo

• MrsVo Said:
So does this mean our thread here is officially kaput? I cant get on FB at work + I have a hard time keeping up with the groups. Hopefully since there aren't as many of us in it than my other groups it will be more manageable.

I don't know, Amber, but my guess is "yes". I know what you mean, having trouble keeping up, but I also understand why we moved. It seems that everybody, everywhere, is moving to FB. And most of us hardly scrap any more.

The only way I keep up with *this* thread was that SB.com sends me an e-mail every time someone posts here. Is there a way to get FB to only send you a note about Kids at Heart, and not anything else? I have no idea. I'm still lost on FB. But I'm headed there next, to try and find *some* of what I'm missing there.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Well, Amber, I still check in here... but it does seem like FB is easier for everyone. But I totally understand about not getting on FB at work.

Besides, we can do MUCH longer posts here!

And yes, Kitty, you can set up your FB, so you're JUST getting those emails! I just did it the other day, actually. I'll try to remember how I did it, and let you know!

Page 173 of 173 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics