Page 172 of 173 
Username Post: Full and Active - Kids At Heart ATC Swap        (Topic#1431811)
bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

Vikki - thanks for posting! Stopping by on my lunch break, just to make sure you're okay. Scary tornado news! Gosh, the weather has just been wicked this year. We had rain and thunder this morning, chance of tornadoes, but I don't think anything materialized. It's just cloudy right now... chance for ugly weather every day on the 10-day forecast. Don't move here for the sunshine.

Louisa, thanks for the cruise details! I meant to check in this weekend, and, well... no excuse.

Mostly I just got caught up in a book. Vikki - yes, I can recommend The Winter Sea. It took me just a little while to get into it, but I eventually got hooked and LOVED the rest of it.

Hugs to everybody! Gotta get back to work.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to bashfulscrapper

Thanks Kitty, I will add it to my list of 40 other books on reserve. If only I could read faster.

MrsVo
MrsVo 
Idol
MrsVo
  • MrsVo on 05-23-11 11:27 AM
In response to ScrapperV

Oh goodness Vikki that is too close for comfort! I'm glad you are ok! We had some bad weather about 4am. I know because Einstein freaked out + the power went out so it got hot in the house. Needless to say I'm ready for an afternoon nap!!

Hi Kitty! Our 10-day is very similar right now. Booo!!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to MrsVo

Thanks girls- honestly, these people had no warning whatsoever in MN- and the weather became fierce really quick. If it hit where Greg and I were I don't know what we would do. I cannot believe the tornado in Missouri- so sad.

6 more days of work!
I am not happy or anything right?

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

Hey Ladies!

I had an appt yesterday, and everything is still perfect! Baby is moving, adjusting and kicking A LOT lately, and I actually feel very bruised and sore on the inside of my belly. It's making it difficult to bend over and lie on my side (which is the only way I CAN lay down) because of the pain. That is just weird. LOL. But I still love feeling the baby. So fun. I can't believe I only have about NINE weeks left. Crazy talk.

I made the crib skirt for the baby's room! I love how it turned out... I just sat in there and stared at it. I also worked on some art too. (Kitty, you will LOVE the art I'm doing for the room... wink, wink.) I'll update my blog as I go.

Louisa, thank you so much for the cruise details! How fun! I really think that if I went on a cruise, I'd be one of those people who could *feel* the ship rocking the whole time. LOL. I'm so sensitive. But I still would love to try out a cruise sometime! Maybe we'll start with a 4-day one or something!

Amber, I'm seven months along now, and I've grown 13 inches around my tummy. I think it's fun to keep track. LOL. I'd love to know how many inches you grow too. I "popped" early too... and I'm not even having twins! But TONS of people asked me at first! LOL I think I look normal now... but friends (and strangers...) tell me I look "small," which I think is hilarious because I am NOT small. Okay, the rest of my body is small, but NOT my belly. And I have my sister to compare with. I'm pretty sure I'm three more inches than she is at the moment.

Kitty, loved your posts! Right now, I'm reading: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (quite the page-turner ), What to Expect When You're Expecting (of course), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (again). Oh! And Jane Eyre. I guess I won't get bored... I need someone to remind me to SIT DOWN, RELAX and READ during the day. Do you think you can call and remind me?

Today was actually good... I made sure to do a project while sitting down, then some chores while standing up, then a project (or reading blogs) while sitting down, then some chores while standing up, etc. Plus, I got in a walk w/ the pups because I slept through yoga. Oops. Not only does this all keep me busy, but it keeps me MOVING, so I don't get too many Braxton Hicks or swelling.

Vikki, I feel old too... I mean, regarding starting a family. Shaina (my sister) is 28 and on her FOURTH. And most my friends here in Austin... they all have 2-4 kids already, and they are around my age. Ah well. We'll take it one child at a time and see how it goes! Hooray for six more days of work! You must be STOKED! And I agree... these tornadoes are all devastating! We've had warnings here, and we did while I was in CO too. Thank God everything is safe here for now. (It was in the 90s today!)

Angela, you know... every time I think about doing yardwork or gardening, I think of you! I'm hoping we can do some this Saturday. I want our front yard to look decent before my baby shower (June 11th). We need to replenish our mulch, add some shrubs and flowers, and perhaps throw down some grass seed. We'll see how it goes. I also need to sell some stuff on ebay to pay for said landscaping supplies. Tee hee. How's your garden doing? What are you growing now? Jeremy said a few nights ago that he wants to grow tomatoes. He LOVES tomatoes. LOVES them. We MUST have them in the house at all times. LOL. So I think it will actually be great to grow our own.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to reyasunshine

Ohmigosh, that's a lot of smilies! I think there's like... 26 of them! That may be a new record for me.

just sayin...

Edited by reyasunshine on 05-24-11 08:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Had to check in on everyone. I've seen all our states mentioned in the weather news the past couple of days. How rare is that. I've thought about and whispered a prayer for each of you. We finally got some rain....we've been nothing but dry for what seems like ever. Our grass is brown and we have a big yard - can't water it. We also had our own tornado warning in our county and some hail. I've always been terrified of tornadoes, but with these recently devastating ones in the news make me even more nervous. I cry if I watch too much of the news and David 'makes me' turn it off. He took me fabric shopping today while my folks watched G and we drove home through a downpour and a tornado warning. Having a child dependent on you makes thinking of not making it home so much scarier. We would be the couple to fly on separate flights if we could ever be pried away from Grace.

Reyanna, good to hear your excellent baby news. Except the sore part. But so good to hear that s/he is active and letting you know everything is good. (I actually typed she and had to correct - hmmm...maybe just because I had a she tho. )

Amber, hope you and yours are doing well too. I saw the weather system coming thru Memphis and heading for you.

Kitty, Vikki, Louisa, I love y'all too. I've spent too much time here tho. Gotta go check on the Daddy and baby.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to Moonflower

Happy Friday Girls! FIF.
Thank goodness, 4 more days of work and then I am done. Get me outta here....

Reyanna, I liked reading your post! I feel caught up with you finally. And I am glad everything is going well with Baby Klein. I don't think you are old to start a family- not at all. You might be at the perfect age! I think you will be OK. I take it your art work may have a Disney theme to it, perhaps ;)?

Angela, crazy weather huh? I watch for all our states too these days- whenever I hear about a state that is getting some weather- where one of lives, my ears perk up and then I want to make sure that person is OK! What did you get at the fabric store- anything fun? I always like going to look at fabric- so many fun colors and such. If only I could sew!

Hi Louisa, Amber + 2, and Kitty!
What's everyone doing this Memorial Day weekend?

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

Gosh, glad you are all okay. Bad weather and Vikki, wow that is so close!

Reyanna, I am happy your pregnancy is going well. You are not old. LOL!

Vikki, where are you going? Vacation?

Kitty,glad you are enjoying your Kindle. I haven't read any books lately. I took one with me on my cruise and never touched it.

Amber, when is your due date?

No big plans this weekend. It is sunny now at 0700. I am going to get my workout in and we have a boat ride along the harbor this morning. I will let you know how it goes.

Happy weekend!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to cruiselover

Louisa- I am done with my job in 4 days! Yahoo. Is this better than vacation? I am not sure. But I am happy. My job has been dragging me down lately so I am doing something about it. Life is too short!

Love your new profile picture! You look like you are in heaven!

cruiselover
Mayor
cruiselover
In response to ScrapperV

I didn't know you quit! Good for you. If you aren't happy there, at least you are doing something about it. Wow.

Thanks for the compliment.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Sunday Girls! I hope everyone is having a good day. Our weather has been insane lately- we are expecting big storms tonight. Typical. At least my herbs and flowers will be watered or blown away for that matter!

Louisa- yeah I decided to quit about a month ago and gave my notice then. I also got a new boss about a week or so ago and we're not clicking. And I have decided to take charge of my destiny and MOVE ON. At least Greg has a very good job so I am able to do this. I will find something that better suits me.

Angela, I am with Reyanna (I think she said this) about planting- and how it makes me think of you. I planted my flowers and herbs Thursday, and can't wait for them to start growing. I will be making pesto very soon with all my basil!

Hi Kitty, Amber + 2, and Reyanna + 1. Have a great day!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper

• cruiselover Said:

Kitty,glad you are enjoying your Kindle. I haven't read any books lately. I took one with me on my cruise and never touched it.

Louisa, maybe it shouldn't, but this comment just totally amazes me, and makes me more curious about taking a cruise. Honestly, even though I did actually want to try a cruise someday, I assumed that there would be a LOT of "downtime", just time when there really isn't all that much to do but lie around and read (not that that is a bad thing). Now, I might be a more avid (obsessed) reader than you (I *know* there would be at least a tiny bit of reading), but it still sounds like you must keep pretty busy the whole time. I know you often cruise with another couple. Out of curiosity, do you think you would have picked up your book if it was just you and hubby? Do you stay busy even when you're "out at sea"? (And I love your new profile pic, too. )

Vikki, I'm thrilled (and a teeny bit jealous) of your "only 4 more days". You'll have to keep us posted on what lies ahead for you.

Angela, sorry about your brown grass. We don't have that problem. (Rain, clouds, rain, clouds... oooo, tiny bit of blue sky!... rain, clouds, more rain, more clouds...) And while I can't share your baby concerns, I do understand your weather fear. Rocky thinks I'm a bit too paranoid about tornadoes. After these last couple of weeks, I don't think he's paranoid enough.

We bought a weather radio a couple of years ago, but apparently we're not bright enough to figure the darn thing out. Either that, or simply won't do what we want it to. I very much want to set it up so it only goes off if the sirens in our area go off. (Very hard to hear at home - I'm pretty certain we'd sleep through them.) However, it seems that when it's on, it has to warn us constantly about any tiny threat of nasty weather. It would be impossible to get any sleep with it on. So it's not even plugged in right now.

Reyanna, I loved your 26 smileys, and your wonderfully long post! I can't wait to see the artwork in baby's room! Are you going to do any hidden ºoº ?

Books... I wish J.K. Rowling would give in, and allow her books to be digitized. I always had every intention of reading all the Harry Potter books, but I'm so addicted to my Kindle that I can't imagine picking up a paper book anymore (let alone seven of them).

I just started the Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. It's the first in a trilogy that everyone is talking about, movie in the works. It's another young adult series, but gosh, it's depressing! Kids being forced to fight each other to the death? I was curious, but it remains to be seen if I can get through it. I probably need to set it aside and look for something happier right now.

Hi Amber. Power outages - total bummer. We've been pretty lucky (knock on wood) - most of our power outages seem to be in the winter. The idea of it getting too cold is scary, but at least we can bundle up with blankets. If it gets too hot, there's not as much you can do to cool off.

I hope everyone's having a nice weekend! I am. Work pretty well sucks right now, but I'm trying not to think of that 4-letter word, and just enjoy a much-needed three-day break.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Happy Monday - Oh I mean Tuesday! It still feels like Monday though.

Louisa, I am with Kitty, you didn't pick up the book once??
Kitty, I have been on several cruises and I have finished several books on these cruises- so it's not uncommon.
Maybe Louisa was just wild and crazy!! Did you join in any of those pool games on the cruise? I did, a belly flop contest, but not intentional. Those were my wild and crazy days. I have relaxed a bit these days. HA!!

Kitty, so Hungry Games is violent? Mmmm, should I start it? Is it worth it? I heard a lot of good things about the series. You let me know, will you? I finished The Secret Lives of Dresses over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hi Angela, Reyanna, and Amber! Hope you girls are doing OK!

I want this week to get over FAST!

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrapperV

• ScrapperV Said:

Kitty, so Hungry Games is violent? Mmmm, should I start it? Is it worth it? I heard a lot of good things about the series. You let me know, will you? I finished The Secret Lives of Dresses over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well, violent really isn't the right word. The premise is very disturbing - teenagers forced to fight to the death. But it's supposed to be disturbing. Our world has fallen apart - most people live in great poverty, many starving to death. The government makes a huge production of these Hunger Games - 24 teenagers forced to fight until only one is still alive. And it's all televised, for the whole world to watch. It's one of the ways they keep people in line - a reminder that the last time they tried to rebel against the government, it didn't go well.

However, it's a young adult book. It doesn't go into really gory detail - sort of like a PG war movie, instead of an R, if that makes sense. And it's a pretty fast, easy read. And, I must confess that I'm sort of hooked now. I'll have to let you know if I thought it was worth it, once I finish.

I'm curious about the Secret Life of Dresses. I'll have to add it to my list.

I hope everyone is enjoying the short week!

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Kitty, I think I might have to check out Hunger Games. It's becoming a movie too. I just hope I won't become obsessed with it though- not like I was with Twilight which has subsided a bit. Isn't it funny how old we are- in our 30s and we're still reading "kids" books?? As our thread is called, Kids @ Heart! It definitely describes us.

Hi Reyanna, Louisa, Amber, and Angela!! Happy Wednesday.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine

Hi all!

Vikki, yeah, I won't be reading The Hunger Games books. Seems much too violent and disturbing for me. Although... I think Jeremy would really like them. I may buy them for our Kindle, so he can read them. And I *may* see the movie! LOL.

Kitty, no Hidden Mickeys. Just a bunch of "out in the open" Mickeys! Tee hee. Let's just say that this:

http://pinterest.com/pin/13812576/

... inspired me to create some cheap and easy Mickey art. I'm also doing a Mickey mobile. Gosh, I should get on that! Then again... I'd like to save that project till my last month of pregnancy, where I can barely move and need some *sitting down* projects.

And I did finish my take on the above Mickey art... framed and everything! I LOVE how it turned out! I would SOOOOO take more photos if I knew how to use our DSLR. I'm kinda sick of my point&shoot right now. Ack. I think part of it stems from a friend of mine who told me that my pictures aren't that good. *sigh* I'm much too sensitive for people to tell me that. So... I stopped taking photos. Horrible, really.

Louisa, well, okay... I may not *be* that old, but I *feel* old as I'm having my first. I mean, let's say we decide we want four kids... I have to get crackin' , so I'm not forty and still having children. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just don't think *my* body would handle that well. Just sayin.

Angela, it's funny how some people catch themselves calling our baby "he" or "she." But usually it depends on what they have or *are* having. I used to call it a "he," but now I just say, "the baby." I have caught myself calling the baby "it," but I don't like that. I really can't wait till baby gets here, so I can assign a pronoun!

And yes, our grass is brown too! We're in a drought right now, so Jeremy doesn't want us to water. Our city says we can water twice a week, but Jeremy still would rather not. I understand that... but man, our yard is UGLY. I feel like it's the eyesore of the neighborhood.

Amber, how are you? Are you feeling okay? Be sure to stretch a lot... butterfly, cat stretch, squats, etc. And be sure to do your pelvic rocks (on all fours or standing against a wall). This helps SOOOOO much! And I'm not carrying twins, so I know with twins, you get really sore... and faster. When I stretch and walk, I feel SOOOO much better. I have to make sure and do that every day.

Well, all. I better go. I've been lazy today... only done a few things. I should do something else productive. Or maybe I should plan dinner, since it's 7:30pm.

Edited by reyasunshine on 06-01-11 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV

Last day of work... Last day of work...Last day of work... I can't help feeling excited.

I will be back to catch up soon.

reyasunshine
Diva
reyasunshine
In response to ScrapperV

WOOHOO!

I'm excited for you, Vikki!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Glad for you, Vikki!

Well, I was trying for a visit. But David just pointed out that I better get a shower if I want one. Ha! A decent shower is a luxury so I gotta go.

Page 172 of 173 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics