Page 2 of 455 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to classiclyamanda

I FOUND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I all of a sudden got stress bc no one was on the thread. Then smart girl me read to the last post!!! LOL! Sometimes I am a little slow!
I got an email yesterday that my sb.com stuff was shipped!!!!!! I can't wait fo it toget here!!! I am guessing it won'e get here until Monday though. Bummer!

I am sending all you sickies get well vibes/energy!!

Chas I am so on that same boat with you. I keep trying to get back on the wagon but have been struggling! I am on my 3rd day back on WW. That is actually a good start for me! I am trying th eonline route but I am actually not finding that it is all that helpful. I think I must not be finding everything that I get for the money. BC I can keep track of my points on a sheet of paper and I don't need to pay $16 a month for that. Has anyone else used it online? What am I missing?

Chelle I hope that your kitties are feeling better! I hate cleaning up puke!!! No matter whose it is!

Mary I am loving you shoes and other bling! I can't wait to see you in it all!!! How are you going to do your hair?

Allie - Loving the paint can and the ATG! Too fun! Do you like the ATG? I have never used one and have always wondered if they are good. I have been using the Tombo diamonds adhisive and I love it! I also got a free K&Co tape runner that is also nice. Tell me about the ATG!

I am going to work on Jennifer's CJ page now! Both of my girls are taking naps/resting right now!!!!! First time in a year!

Have a great Wednesday!!!!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to brigid16

Enjoy your moment of silence Brigid! Hey, when all your stuff comes, take a pic for us so we can oooh and ahhh

I just signed up for the on-line access this month, because it ends up saving me about $12 month over paying on the spot for weekly meetings. I am still investigating it, but I think for me the 2 most useful things will be the message boards and being able to search for and convert my own recipes. I use the paper quick tracker and that works for me.

My boss is out for the rest of the week and our ptimer has headed off to class, so I am enjoying MY moment of silence now.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to ljloula

Brigid - I absolutely LOVE my ATG. It's so much easier to use, and lasts forever. It's an up front investment, but even the refills are cheaper than the tape runners. The refills are 30 ft or 60 ft, and they are any where from $2-3 each.

I still have my Tombo on hand for small jobs or tight spaces, but the ATG is so much easier to use.

It does take a little practice to get the feel for it, but don't let size intimidate you.

If you're interested, I'll share the website where I got mine - a bargain rate of like $35 compared to the $60 or so I've seen them at other places. The only downside is that place doesn't yet carry the "gold" tape which is the acid free.

Theresa - hope you got some info from the Dr. so we can get you feeling better!!!

Chelle - hope you're feeling better too!

Thanks for all the paint can comments - it really was fun & easy to do. So my Secret Santa Swap pal has an idea of what she *might* get... tee hee

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to TxAllieGrl

Hey chickies! Just a quick pre-dinner, pre-family nite post.

The little one is having a MAJOR meltdown right now. It's been a long afternoon. School pictures are tomorrow so two of them needed new shirts. So off to the mall we went while the middle went to dance. Then it's home and clean-rooms time. Never anyone's favorite time, let me tell you!

I had a rather lazy afternoon... read my latest book (novel about Queen Elizabeth I), and did 2 loads of laundry....

Oh! I also ordered the handmade paper, ribbon and envelopes for the wedding invitations I will be making! It's gorgeous and I can't wait to get it so I can make them and get them out of the way. We will be sending Ben's family's invites soon, but the rest won't go until the first week of November or so. It's mostly to let everyone know the timing of everything.

Brigid - my hair? Well, I don't like the way they've done it at the hotel in the past, so I'm on my own. So I can't really put it up, but I don't like it that way much anyway... otherwise, I have NO CLUE what I'll be doing with it! I need to work on that!

So when will we find out about our Secret Santa pals??? I'm so excited! And thanks for letting us go til the 10th so I can do it too! Yay!

So Allie... I use the Herma tape runner still. I LOVE that thing... it's awesome. I've heard nothing but luv for the ATG tho. Maybe in the future that is how I'd go....

Laurie -- Converting recipes was probably the best thing about the WW website.... I walked today for the first time in quite a while, and used my little hand weights. That is what I need to do every day.

Hey Amanda! Hope you had a good day at school today!

Trisha - How is it your DH directed the furniture while you did the heavy lifting??? Thank you about the dress.... it is really pretty on!

Theresa -- Girl, glad you went to the doc! I hope you get well soon! (you too Chelle)... when you feel better you'll spend that scrap GC too quick!

Alright, off I go to help with homework and find out when Ben will be home. The natives are starving as if they've never had a meal before...

Ciao!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to MaryS.

brigid. you should check out spark people.com. its a free online diet community. you can track the food you eat and tell it what you like and it will make you a weekly menu with grocery list. totally cool. all us healthy eaters need to support each other. its not easy!

i dont call it a diet cuase that just makes me dread it.

gotta go cook dinner. be back afterwhile.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Afternoon lovelys ...

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am dosed up on painkillers atm.

Mary ~ I get that too in the winter. It's actually a medical condition called "SAD" .. people who have it really bad have to sit in front of light boxes to boost them up. Here's a link explaining it, it's quite interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affecti ve_disorde...

Those shoes and accessories are so pretty too!

Allie ~ Re cat puke, tell me about it, I can scrub it with Oxyclean and it still leaves a faint stain. Sucks! I said to John this morning we ain't getting our security deposit back!
BTW, where do you get those tins that you alter, can you buy those or are they like coffee tins you've used?

Trisha ~ Pictures of scrap room plz!

Theresa ~ Come sit in my sick corner, I have chocolate covered pretzels, water and painkillers. I am set for the night

Brigid ~ Glad you found us! lol.

Re: healthy eating, Curves has set it's members a months challenge to eat healthy and go to curves at least 3 times a week. We have to do one challenge a week and the person who looses the most at the end of the month wins!
I signed up cause it's free lol. I'm gonna check that website out, although my healthy eating the last 2 days went out the window! Although I did make my self go to the Gym this morning. Wasn't such a good idea lol.

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to Creative Chaos

:: drags boxes of 12x12 paper, bags of embellies and a few packs of rubons through the door ::

Whew! it wasn't too far to move LOL! I think I'll set up my scrap table in this corner over here......

I've been MIA for a few days. Lots to do with schedules for the girls this week and we are settling in with our royal house guest - Genie! She is really such a sweetheart and I am loving having two pugs to snuggle with instead of one. Right now, I've got Genie on one side and Stevie on the other. I'm loving this!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Dances_With_Ink

~singing~ Lynette needs anooother pug! Lynette needs another pug!

Hey Lynette - know what's better than two pugs? FOUR! bahahahaha

I'm glad Genie is all snuggled in with her Auntie Lynette.

Chelle - the orange & blue can that I did is actually a paint can. You can buy empty/clean ones at the local hardware or home improvement stores. Add some pp, modgepodge, stamps, stickers, ribbon, etc - and voila!

What do y'all think about holding off on the challenge until we finish roll call and get regrouped? I have some ideas I've been tossing around..but thought it might be fun to build some anticipation.

Edited by TxAllieGrl on 09-26-07 04:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to Dances_With_Ink

• Lynette150 Said:
:: drags boxes of 12x12 paper, bags of embellies and a few packs of rubons through the door ::

Whew! it wasn't too far to move LOL! I think I'll set up my scrap table in this corner over here......

I've been MIA for a few days. Lots to do with schedules for the girls this week and we are settling in with our royal house guest - Genie! She is really such a sweetheart and I am loving having two pugs to snuggle with instead of one. Right now, I've got Genie on one side and Stevie on the other. I'm loving this!

and i talked to amber last night right after she left your place. she was a nervous wreck leaving her girl. genie is definatley the princess in that family. poor dora and kinley. LOL. how is genies eye? stevie enjoying company?

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to Chasity Grace

allie- i guess it wouldnt be a bad idea to wait for the challenge. since we are mid transition.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Chasity Grace

Good morning!

Yeah, let's wait til everybody is checked in and we're all on the same page (so to speak ) We can be working on cj in the meantime.

Tricia, when were you thinking we'll get our Santa partners? I've got my container to alter, but I don't want to start messing with it until I know who it'll be for.

Lynette, hope everyone has settled in ok ~ sounds like a festival of animal fun!

Man, it is so muggy today and unseasonably warm for us. Blah. Tonight I start my deep water aqua aerobics class. I haven't been in the pool for quite awhile so I hope I'm not all worn out after it. We shall see!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

Morning Ladies!!

Yes I think wait till we know who's in the group and wait till Amber is home to start the challenge.

Oh yes! I wanna start my container too! Who's mah santa partner!

I decided not to go to the Gym today, made me feel 100 times worse yesterday and resulted me sleeping for 5 hours!

How is everyone?

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to ljloula

Morning all! I was trying to get some school work done, but it seems hopeless at the moment! I am a little worried because I need to make 3 cakes tomorrow AND work at the rescue! YIKES! One is a 70's themed flower power cake and the other two I get to choose so it should be fun, but having to make 3 will definitely not leave time for mess ups! Ah well...need to be off working on getting my gradebook set up online!

Mary- I would get a relative to help you with your hair if you're worried about it, but I think you will look gorgeous no matter what!

Allie- I agree with the challenge thing...lets wait until everyone is here!

Laurie- Have fun at deep water aerobics...it is super hard...besides the workout you have to tread water for 45-50minutes...that is no easy feat!

Brigid- so exciting about your scrappy products...here's hoping they make it earlier!!!

Well...off to work on stuff...toodles!

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

Good morning!

I will pm everyones Santa by this evening.
So if any one else is interested in joining let me know by this after noon!

List of participates so far:
Chelle
Allie
Tater
Brigid
Michele
Mary
Trisha
Laurie
Sam

MM Custom Creations
Pro
MM Custom Creations

Good morning!! It is WET here! My commute was miserable. Its been so dry for so long I think all the Nashvillians forgot how to drive in the rain. But I finally made it (and my car needed the bath). I know my flowers, trees, and grass are revelling in the wetness. The dogs, well, probably not so much!

Amanda, will we get to see pics of the cakes?? I can't believe you can make 3 cakes in my day (AND do other stuff). I could slave in the kitchen for half a day just making one! You go girl!

Chelle, you felt worse because you're still feeling unwell? Probably a good choice not to go back today!

Laurie, good luck in your water aerobics! I always thought that would be fun to do, but I have a very difficult time, um, exercising.

Lynette, I can only imagine how full your hands are right now!! I'm glad Stevie and Genie get along. Now THAT would be no fun. Is she still wearing her lampshade? Has she knocked over everything is your house with it?

Allie, mod podge question... I have the matte finish and have used it for a couple of projects. I really like it but I can see the lines my brush makes when it dries. Am I putting it on too thick? Am I using the wrong kind of brush? (I use the foam ones.) Am I suppose to do more than one coat? Sorry for the barrage of questions!

Okay, the power just flickered here and considering I'm on a huge campus and that really shouldn't happen, I will now slowly step away from the computer before I get zapped. A quick good morning to all the other girls! I'm outta here!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MM Custom Creations

GM ladies!

We'll hold off on the official challenge until we finish regrouping. Then we'll host the "welcome to the new thread" challenge.

Trisha - can't wait to get my Secret Pal - wahhhooooo. are you going to collect "likes and dislikes" from everyone?

Michele - people forget how to drive when it rains here too. You should see it when it's icy. buncha morons!

Modge podge - I get those same streaks using a foam brush. I've tried regular paint brushes and still get streaks. I'm wondering about a really fine sponge.

Amanda - good luck with the 3 cakes!!!

Chelle - take it easy and let your body rest and heal. Hope you feel better!!

Theresa - hope you are feeling better too.

GM to everyone else!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Good morning, good morning! Well! I JUST woke up after crawling back into bed after the girls left for school! Yowsers! But it was storming and all dark... the only thing to do was go back to sleep, so sleep we did. Ben is SOOO late for work! But we've all (including the people at work) had a good laugh over it, and he'll probably have to work a little late tonite. Totally worth it....

Chelle - Feel better! Don't keep trying to do too much and hopefully you'll kick this thing. Oh, and I totally have that SAD... I've known that for several years.... it wasn't quite so bad last winter, which I attribute that somewhat to just being deliriously happy with Ben. As the light changes, I think our bodies go into that survival mode too, and we gain a little weight (in anticipation of not finding food during the winter - hardwiring, I'm telling ya!), so that makes us feel rotten about ourselves, and it feeds itself in a cycle of yucky thoughts. I've thought about using light therapy before, but have not followed through. Maybe this year I will!

Lynette - So happy the puggies are all snuggly together! Ben would agree with Allie that you need another friend for Stevie...

Chas - I am going to check out the site you mentioned. Sounds really cool, and an easy way to get the grocery list done!

Allie - Howdy! Surely Trisha has in mind something for us to figure out what to fill these altered containers with! I can't wait!

Michele - We had those storms this morning. Luckily none came too close - the lightening was a grand show, but still too far away. It was wicked though! Hope you maintained power!

Amanda - Wow! THREE cakes? Take pics so we can see! Oh, and about the hair? I've thought about having someone help me, but there isn't anyone that can! I swear, it's bad. What I need to do is play around with it now so I don't go into it "blind" that day. And my oldest DD will help as well....

Well, since I slept the day away, I'm not sure I'll have time for much. I hope all of you have a much more productive day than I will!

Toodles! Chat soon! Hi to everyone! Hope all is well and everyone finds us!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

Ok gals, I'm in the middle of a freak out.

I opened the door to the closet here in my office, and was assaulted by a moldy stale smell. I look up, and there is MOLD growing on the ceiling! ARRRGGGHHH! Obviously a leak - I'm guessing a roof leak, although I've called the AC folks out to take a look (via the home warranty).

This is when I really, really hate being single!!!

I'm freaking out bc my homeowners is a $1500 deductible - and lord knows I don't have that laying around. I haven't called insurance yet, I want to figure out what the problem is and how much it'll be (in total) to fix it before I decide whether or not to file it as ins. If it's less than the deductible (what are the odds?), then I'll pay it out of pocket vs. get the black mark of a claim on the record. If it's more..well then I get to play with the ins. company.

Ugh..so many things flying through my head, and I'm trying not to panic!!!! I know I know, need to get through the freak out so I can act rationally about it.

thanks for letting me vent..

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Oh Allie! It'll be OK! I've had so many crazy things 'come up' that it's so not even fair!

We just had a termite inspection, and let me tell you what was going through my head! But thankfully, we got an all-clear, despite three neighbors (two nextdoor, one right behind us) having the buggers!

I've had to have extensive wdo repairs, a new water heater, and roof repairs for, you got it!, a leak! The roof repair was the cheapest by FAR! So really don't panic yet.... you might be pleasantly surprised by how little it might take to get the roof fixed.... (it was only $165)

Homeownership is just like this.... There's always something it seems! Stay calm, and hopefully it will be a minor repair... Let us know!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

thanks Mary - hopefully it's relatively minor! I think it'll be the mold clean up that adds to the expense though. lord knows I can't leave that up there.

So I have the AC guys coming out tomorrow AM. The roofers on Tuesday to give me an estimate (that was the soonest of about 5 I called).

I've completely cleaned out that closet (it was storage stuff, not clothes fortunately) and threw away all the paper junk (bonus: purging occured).

I've taken the laptop and am working on the couch - totally explains why my allergies have been going crazy while I've been in my office!!

So all four pugs are laying on the other half of the couch, happy to resume their midday naps.

I'm a little calmer now.. just the initial freak out. I of course did what every grown woman does when faced with an emergency - I called my mom!!! She of course said they'll help if there's anything I need. Always the voice of reason...

I need lunch. And a valium...

Page 2 of 455 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics