Page 4 of 455 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to TxAllieGrl

Allie ~ I love being in the water ~ there are so many things I can do there that this body will never do on land and it's so much easier on all the weight-bearing joints! It's the schleping of clothes/locker stuff/showering in semi-yuck conditions that I can do w/out BUT the big plus on this class is that it's through Adult Continuing Ed at the HS pool. Can't beat $35/10 weeks. We had the whole pool to spread out in and it was so nice!

I vote for the working day to be over. We should all have cookies and milk and then take a nice nap!

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to momajennifer

• momajennifer Said:
Good morning everyone!
I guess it is Friday huh...well even if it is Friday I am in a super crummy mood. My "montly friend" is visiting, my dh is annoying me, i am so tired of arguing with my teenage boys- i think they are trying to make me so upset that I croak, and I am generally just tired of everything. to make things even better (NOT!!!) next week is fall break and I will probably be losing my mind- and have very little computer time because my boys are always on the computer.
maybe I got up on the wrong side of the bed and I need to go back to bed and try again....
Hope everyone has a GREAT friday!!!

2 words............ DUCT TAPE

Mom2CamiandReese
Governor
Mom2CamiandReese
In response to Taterdawg

hey all!

Well, after 2 weeks of not speaking to my MIL, after our huge blow out.....she called last nite to apologize!!! I couldn't believe it!

allie, sorry about your roof!

I love Grey's Anatomy, but I thought last nite's show was missing something ...like Addison & Burke, The place seemed so different without then....my fav was the last scene with Mer/Der...sorry, I just love teh 2 of them together.......especially the look he gives her!!

Oh well....I gotta get back to work, I came in late today since I had to go to a hearing for my friends PFA hearing against her soon to be ex, it was a joke! the only thing he got out of it was to stay off of my property {the initial incident was he showed up @ my house at 1 am when she was there, so I called 911} plus to pay court costs and a 25 fine. I don't get it, a PFA is to totally stay away, and he harassed her and gets off scott free. arghhh!!!!

back to work, hope you all have a great day!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Mom2CamiandReese

Hey Everyone!

Jennifer ~ Welcome home! Aunt Flo is a bit of a wench isn't she. The whole world annoys me when she's about lol. A big bar of Cadburys milk chocolate and a bubble bath makes it all better *nods*

Allie ~ I'll take the Texas rain to protect your house. They put strict water restrictions on here!
That steak sauce sounds Yummeh!!

Shell ~ Congrats on the potty training

Trisha ~ Address sent!

Michele ~ I know how that Sinus thing is, Mine feel like they are packed with concrete at the moment! Feel better soon.

Amanda ~ I watched Greys! I was all about ready to scratch Meredith's eyes out for dumping McDreamy!!! *Swoon*

Allie ~ Re Greys, Izzie and the deer, that is something I'd totally do! LOL *Sits in the weirdos corner*

Laurie ~ change the "you've been worked" in to "yay all those inches I'm loosing!"

Tater ~ Duct tape cracked me up!! I wonder if that works on cats? *Ponders*

Theresa ~ Glad you and your Mum in Law made up.
I also love Derek`s eyes in GA! Talk about melting take me to bed eyes *More swooning!*

Ok today I am able to breath a little better and I am thinking of going to the Gym at 5 seeing as I have not been in 2 days.

John is back in VA this weekend so I have the house to my self. I got the girls coming over on Saturday and scrappy time to my self.

I'm so excited about mah Santa person! Weeeeeeee

Back later x

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to MM Custom Creations

Greetings and Salutations to my pal Mary B!

I hope your ready to be spoiled with lots and lots of scrappin treats!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to Melbas Pal

OoooOooooOooooOooo...!!!!!

My Secret Santa Pal looooveesss me!!! Lookie! I got a 'personal' message!!! I promise to work on the wish list thing.... with my kits, I just don't buy much anymore online, which really is a good thing!

So! Happy, happy Friday! I have played tennis, had lunch with my mama, talked with my dad (terrible things are going on with my 16 yo brother...yuck!), gotten the girls, bought a bday card for my soon-to-be stepson (who turns 21 on Monday. I swear I won't know what to do if he makes me a grandma anytime in the next 5 years), and have chatted about my scrappin' wishes with my SSSSP (Scissor Sister Secret Santa Pal).... Quite the productive day, if I do say so myself!

Allie - I do hope all will be relatively easy to fix on your closet. The main issue will be stopping the leak that is causing the mold, and then, just replacing the drywall. I think there is something they spray on the mold itself too... Try not to worry, you'll know soon enough, and it will all work out.... Hope the rain is moving on! We could use some more around here for sure!

Tater - Duct tape! You MUST be related to Ben - it's is end-all, be-all, cure-all.... It's a long-standing joke around here... 'duct tape will fix it'....

Hey Shell! Oh, I so agree with the whole "get away to work" sentiment! I always say that my fulltime job is at home. It definitely can be more stressful! Hope you've had a great Friday though! Yay for success in potty training!

Michele- Hey! Oooo! I am so excited too!

Amanda - How are the cakes? I can't wait to see pics!

Jen - So sorry you are having a rotten time! Go back to bed - it sure helped me yesterday!

Laurie - That is the best feeling, when you know you've had a good workout... I think I might have pulled a little something in my back this morning, but otherwise, I feel that way too! Sounds like you will have a fabulous weekend!

Theresa! Howdy! So glad the MIL has apologized... Maybe she'll get the picture....

Chelle - Happy to hear you are on the mend....and you get scrappy time too... lucky you!

Trisha - You are rockin' for putting the secret santa pall together! Thank you so much!!!!

So! I have to work inventory tomorrow, but Ben and the little girls are going to the BBQ fest without me. But, that will mean.... scrappy time for me!!!! How about that?! I am vowing, with all of you as my witnesses, that I will come home, and commence to scrappin'! No cleaning, no laundry, no nothing... just scrappin! I will knock out some of the CJ pages, and maybe do a page or two that has been floating in my head for a while now. My solemn promise!

And, I totally missed Grey's! Yikes! Fill me in... I need spoilers!

Well, I gotta go run and mail the gift for soon-to-be-stepson... He's getting a lovely UK T-shirt. It's so nice, I so want to keep it for myself! He's a UK fan too, I am happy to report!

Toodles!

Edited by MaryB. on 09-28-07 10:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to MaryS.

• MaryB. Said:
OoooOooooOooooOooo...!!!!!
I am vowing, with all of you as my witnesses, that I will come home, and commence to scrappin'! No cleaning, no laundry, no nothing... just scrappin! I will knock out some of the CJ pages, and maybe do a page or two that has been floating in my head for a while now. My solemn promise!

We're holding you to that!

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to ljloula

Let's see if you are getting into the proper spirit!

Try these on for size.

A Charlie Brown Christmas Quiz - Pt. 1

Question 1: What does Lucy say she really wants for Christmas?

a) fame
b) real estate
c) "my fair share"

Question 2: What is unusual about the snowman made by Pig-Pen?

a) it's dirty
b) it's shaped like a dog
c) it's wearing Charlie Brown's shirt

Question 3: What does Snoopy do that makes Lucy scream?

a) decorates his doghouse
b) impersonates a sheep
c) kisses her face

Question 4:
Who does NOT appear in A Charlie Brown Christmas?

a) Violet
b) Peppermint Patty
c) Frida, the girl with the naturally curly hair

Question 5:
Which musical instrument does Snoopy play?

a) piano
b) cello
c) guitar

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise

LMAO!!! I love it

c) "my fair share"
c) it's wearing Charlie Brown's shirt
a) decorates his doghouse
a) Violet
b) cello

How did I do?

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to TrishaLouise

FUNNY!!!!
1. B Real Estate
2. A Its dirty
3. C Kisses her on the face
4. B Pepermint Patty
5. B Cello

That was a little hard. Made me think a little.
Just checking in for a moment! Trying to exercise like the rest of you! Spending free time doing that instead of on here. *pouting a little* But a friend aske me to come over tonight to scrap after the kids go to bed. Have to talk with the dh about that but it may be a good chance to knock out some of these cj pages!
Super excited about the secret sister thing! I am not totally sure about how the whole message thing works though. We just sing on to the name thing and that is kind of like our identity protector? Then we talk as that person? I know...a little slow here! LOL! I am excited to start shopping!!!!!!! I will have to go check out her wish list!!!!
Goign to take cans back!
TTYL!

Melbas Pal
Resident
Melbas Pal
In response to brigid16

Ho-ho-ho!

Trisha ~ Santa needs you to take immediate remedial action! Watch "A Charlie Brown Christmas" with a big mug of cocoa! Santa would like you to get at least one correct answer on Pt. 2...

Brigid ~ 3/5! Santa is proud of you! Have a candycane!

Ho-ho-ho!

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula

My turn Santa!

1)Real estate
2)It's dirty
3)kisses her on the face
4)Violet
5) piano

Have a good evening sistahs! We're going to pop out for a quick errand and then watch a movie I think.

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to ljloula

Theresa--amanda and i are watching greys too. i loved it last night. although i missed half of last season so amanda had to catch me up. izzy is my FAVORITE!!! i like callie too though oh and dr. baily. i loved her line "when i page them they come running."

mary b-you can go to abc.com and watch full episodes without commercials. thats how i managed to keep up with it last season until christmas.

okay ladies i have gotten bad news about my little girl, izzy, today. i found out about 5 weeks ago she has mange. she has been on different meds and gone back in for check ups. well its gotten worse and today they started the last form of treatment. she has to have 5-6 dips all two weeks apart. these are 40.00 each which really hurts, but i will manage with my parents cause i want her well. there is no cure for mange, but this can make it go away. the dips are very strong so for 24-36 hours after she is very sedate. she has been passed out pretty much since i picked her up from moms today. if these dips do not work i will face the choice of having to put her down. i am trying to remain calm for now cuase i cant stress this for a month and a half. i have to try to think positive. if the dips dont work she will lose her hair over time and her skin will get all crusty and she will just not be comfortable. i cant be selfish to keep her alive for me in that situation, but she is my little girl and i just want her all better. she is a GREAT puppy. very sweet and smart. please keep my girl in your prayers.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda
In response to Chasity Grace

Chas...read your blog about Izzy...how sad! Praying for ya!

Oh and since most everyone loves Grey's..Yay! Chas and I were talking about it...doesn't McSteamy look really hot this year...yummy! And we loved his line about coming back for Derek...hehe! I like Callie and George, but I love Izzy and the fact that he told her he loved her was great! I wonder what is going to happen. I agree with it seeming a little sparse...not as many main characters and too many minors...hmmm...have to see how the season turns out!

Oh...finished my cakes I made two exactly alike for the fall festival and then I made one for a girls bday party....they are on my blog if you want to see pics...

www.craftymusician.blogspot.com

Mary-Hope you get to scrap tomorrow!

Laurie- I know exactly what you are talking about, but I have also had that really hurt too!

Tater- love the duct tape

Jennifer- *hugs* to you...I am sure it is just the day...get some hot tea (I know you like it) and crawl up in the bed for a good nap...well it's late now...you are probably at the game...so put a sign on your door that says...come in and DIE then sleep in tomorrow!

Well, girlies...I am off to bed...I have been a little sleep deprived this week so I am going to go to bed early!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Awe Chas, that's horrid...

What type of Mange does she have? Demodectic, Cheyletiella or Sarcoptic?
From the sound of the treatment I'd think it was Sarcoptic....

I used to work in Greyhound kennels for a number of years and a lot of the dogs that came over from Ireland had Mange. Has the vet tried a treatment called Ivermectin? (it is actually a heart worm medication, I'm not sure if it is licensed over here for the treatment of mange)

Did your vet tell you it is not curable. Most dogs (and humans) carry the demodex mite but it sits in their the skin pore of puppys quite harmlessly but can be activated by stress or being run down.

Sarcoptic Mange is curable but it is a long road and takes time to get under control, it causes alot of damage as you probably seen and the skin takes time to heal ~ Sometimes months.

Sarcoptic is a bit more nasty and humans can get it as well as your other dogs very easily. Ivermectin can also be used to kill these, normally 2 lots is given. It's not a nice injection because it burns and the dog will cry, but it kills the mite dead. Steroids can also be given to relieve the itching. If they give these don't mistake the stopping of itching as it being cured, as steroids mearly mask the symptoms.
Have you tried calamine lotion on the sores?

Another thing you can look at is her diet. A lot of commercial dog diets for want of a better word are cr@p and cause more allergies then they are worth. Alot of the foods are made with animal byproducts, grains (Which provide the dogs with no nutrition what so ever and they can't actually digest them and actually can cause allergies in dogs)and fillers and for dogs with run down immune systems and sensitivity's it can make things worse.

A lot of breeders feed their dogs on what is called a "Raw diet" ~ More natural for the dogs system.
I found this webpage that is very interesting and can explain the advantages of a raw diet better then I ever could.
http://www.rawlearning.com/rawfaq.html

While searching for raw diets I also came across these bits of information:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dogs-701/Demodectic -Mange-6....

I hope this helps you and am sending you good vibes xx

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.

Awww... Chas.... happy, healthy thoughts for your sweetie!!!

Well, we've had quite an eventful evening.... Maddie (middle dd) slipped in a neighbor's garage and fell face first, totally cutting her upper lip and knocking the #(%$ out of her teeth. If not for the braces, we're fairly sure she'd have lost a tooth or more.... Oh, and the blood... I didn't think it would ever stop.... I still don't think it has (some 4 hours later). She's loosened her top front teeth - the main two and the eye teeth, and we are just absolutely praying that there isn't any nerve damage that will kill any of her teeth. But they were all bleeding at the root, which isn't good at all.... we've got to try to make sure she doesn't get an infection... and she has to be super careful so that the teeth tighten back up.

So needless to say it's been nuts. And Ben, who wasn't going to leave til the morning and was going to take the girls with him, realized 15 minutes ago that the judging starts at 9:30 am... the festival is over 3 hours away! So he just jumped in the car and is now gone. I have to go to my mom's tonite I think, because I have to be at work before 7:30 am.... We may all just sleep there tonite, I'm not sure.... I am just not so sure what to do really.... we should just sleep in our own beds, but then we all have to get up so early.

Man, this is pretty scary. I'm so worried about her losing teeth. I mean, what happens if one or more die??? Does she then get implants??? Oh, my goodness! I can't quite tell if the teeth have been pushed up or not... her mouth is a mess. Her upper lip is HUGE... but that should really get better fast. The ortho can't do anything before Tues, and he's not even sure he'll be able to do anything then, we just have to see... she broke of one of her braces, the top part only, and no wires are sticking out.

This has got me so stressed! Oh well, what are you gonna do... I know! Vent to your scrappy sistahs! So thank you for listening... I'm waiting for my mom to get home to talk over with her what to do tonite. I just want to crawl into bed!

I'll be back sometime tomorrow afternoon - but I guess now there won't be much scrappin' to do.... Bummer!

Nite-nite everyone! Sleep well!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to MaryS.

Oh Mary - I'm thinking about you and your DD. I hope she's a little better today. Good thoughts and prayers that her teeth are ok. Scary stuff. Take it one day at a time though - that's all you can do.

I finished Jennifer's CJ LO. YAY another one done! I've picked out pictures for 4 of the last 5 CJ LOs, so that's a start.

Chas - I agree with what Chelle says. Hopefully it's the demo mange, not sarcoptic. It's totally treatable, if you follow carefully what the vet says. It does take care, and a lot of attention. some hugs for you & Ms. Izzy.

Amanda - love the cakes!!!!! is it wrong to crave cake at 8am? hmmmm McSteamy did look super hot - but I can't see he & Derek being buds.

Brigid - can't wait to see what you scrapped last night.

Trisha - can you give us more insight to the Christmas secret name? Should we all be using it to communicate with our pals? Or sending messages to it to forward on to our pals? Oh I'm so confused!!!!

I'm getting my hair cut today - woohoo! I can't wait... not that I need to be spending the $$, but I realllly need a cut. And it's not like I'm doing color..right?

Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to MaryS.

Wow where is everyone?!

Morning mah sisters!

Mary ~ Frigging Ouch Ouch Ouch OUCH!! Poor baby That *nuts* the ortho can't see you until Tuesday!! Surely he considers this an emergency? I mean the faster he can do something the more chance there is of saving teeth?

Hope she's feeling a but better today!

We went and saw Good Luck Chuck last night ~ omg it's SOOO funny. If you need cheering up, Seriously go see it!

The male unit left for the airport today so I now have the house to my self! wooooooooo!!

What's everyone else up to today?

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to Creative Chaos

Morning!

Mary: OMG! I so hope they self tighten. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I will pm you later about it.

Chelle: I have a greyhound! I adopted her from Greyhound rescue a million years ago. Best pet I have ever had... Big ol' couch potato

Chas: Hugs... I will say a prayer and cross my fingers.

Allie: FYI... I am going to meet Megan @ TSS today so we can try and finish some projects we started. If you get bored COME UP!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to TrishaLouise

thanks for the well wishes everyone.

chelle- thanks for all that info. ive been googling alot too. she has the one that starts with a D. she isnt contagious. for the last 6 weeks she has been around my parents dog and lucy is healthy. i got her from a rescue so i think that could have been the stress that cause her immune system to be weaker. she seems to be feeling perkier this morning. that dip was just so stong it took everything out of her. poor thing didnt have the energy to tell me she had to poo last night. i was laying in bed and was like sniff sniff what is that. poo in the floor is what i found. i couldnt be mad at her cause she was so pitiful and she never has accidents. shes still has an appetite though. just finished her breakfast. i pray that the vets can heal this!!! i just know she has a high chance of getting it again later in life and i hope that doesnt happen.

i am off to be lazy, then get homework done, then maybe take izzy walking at the park and then go to the vanderbilt game!!! WHOO HOO go commodores!!

Page 4 of 455 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics