Page 5 of 455 
Username Post: Scissor Sisters CG - ***Full and Active!!***        (Topic#1436719)
Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Chasity Grace

Chas ~ Demodectic is a thousand times better then Sarcoptic! (Well none would be the best!)

As I mentioned .. most humans and dogs carry the Demo mite on their skin with no problem. It's when the immune system gets run down it rears it's ugly head. The mites actually suppress the immune system which is why they take a hold which is why the good diet ie with no grains is good.
Also might be worth putting her on some vitamin supplements to get the immune system up.

How old is she? Puppy's immune systems don't come in to their own till about a year... so it is possible for a relapse up until then.

You're quite right about the stress of a kennel bringing it out. Please please do not let your vet convince you it is not treatable. It totally is. It makes me so mad when vets say that.

Is she spayed? Coming in to heat can irritate the mange in to activity.

Trisha ~ I love Greyhounds. They are so cute when they are born, look like big fat lab puppy's lol.
I used to have a big 38 Kilo blue brindle male.
And you're quite right, they are the laziest dogs ever! Big myth they need 30 mile walks each day

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to Creative Chaos

My Mom, who is not a dog lover by any means, so enjoys her friend's greyhound. "Quiet, sweet, my kind of dog" she says. Glad to hear Izzie is feeling a little perkier this morning Chaz. We're going to continue hoping for the best for your dear girl! Mary, so sorry to hear about your DD ~ poor thing just underwent the trauma of getting braces, and now this! Hopefully the bleeding will stop and the swelling will go down some. Keep us posted!

I'm down 2.6 lbs. at today's weighin in and feeling really good! I am 2.6 lbs. down at WW today and feeling great. Gotta get a bunch of house stuff done and then we're heading on out for a drive in the afternoon. Will catch up later, have a good rest of the day sistahs!

p.s. Chelle - I need a kitten fix! What are those boys up to this morning?

Edited by ljloula on 09-29-07 06:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to ljloula

Laurie - COngrats! You go girl! That is a lot in a aweek!

Chas - I am sending you and your pup lots of love!!!!! I hope she is feeling better soon. Yay for Chelle being super smart and having all the info about it!

Mary - I am sending you and you dd lots of love too!!!!!! I can't imagine how much that hurt!!!! I hoep the swelling goes down and she can eat! I bet she is so sore!

I went sbing last night at a friends house. It was just she and I. I got 2 cj pages done and started a 12x12 for one of the girls. I felt really proud of myself! I never get that much done in a 6 hr crop! I got all that done in just 2 1/2 hrs. We definately need to do that more often! And her dh went out to my house adn ahd a couple of beers. It all worked out well. I will post sneak peeks later.
I wonder what Amber is doing right right now!Well I am off to make lunch run and maybe get this page finished!
Check in later!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to ljloula

Laurie ~ Woooo HOO at your weight loss .. Well DONE!!!!

The kittens today are being little poops! They keep leaping from the dining table on to the breakfast bar in to the kitchen. I can't STAND cats in the kitchen!!

I just snapped this for you

Just popped in to stick a new LO up.
Me and My Dad
The picture makes it look washed out for some reason, alot brighter in RL!

MaryS.
MaryS. 
Guru
MaryS.
In response to Creative Chaos

Hi gals! Thank you so much for all your well-wishes.... We've had a chance to get some sleep, and the bleeding finally stopped... Now it is a wait and see game. We just have to wait to see if there is nerve damage, and only time will tell. Crossing everything I have that all will heal just fine.

I did speak with the ortho, but there wasn't anything he could do. He wants me to call if she gets a fever, and he will check it out Tuesday, when he will see if he can fix the one broken brace. He couldn't do anything to it right now. We came close to going to the ER, but neighbor who is a nurse said they probably wouldn't do anything to her lip -- the mouth generally heals really well on its own. It really is a waiting game at this point.

She ate soup, yogurt, pudding, and mac and cheese... She's feeling much better today - I'm just worried now. But there isn't anything I can do at this point, so I have to try to let it go...

Laurie - Great job on the weightloss! Woohoo! You go girl!

Chelle - Greyhounds? My parents have 2 now, but they've had a total of 5. All from rescue... All but one have been the biggest sweethearts! (And she was most likely severely abused by her first rescue family -- so sad....) They love having them....

Chas - Well, it sounds like the sistahs have at least some good news for you on the poor pup's mange.... it could be worse! (And I keep saying the same thing to myself.... )

Trisha - Hope you had fun today, and I'll look for your PM... thank you!

Allie - Thanks chick! well, I'm trying to only think about right now... it's hard!

Brigid - Great job getting CJ pages and a page for yourself going! Can't wait to see - you are really doing excellent work on the CJ pages!

Amanda - Can't wait to check out the cakes... I missed the link the first time around...

Ok, Hi to everyone else... It is a beautiful Saturday here -- clear, and just right outside! Again, thank you so much for your well-wishes for us! We'll be OK!

And Laurie, this is for you!

[image][/image]

Edited by MaryB. on 09-29-07 09:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ljloula
Mayor
ljloula
In response to MaryS.

Thanks for the kitty pics ladies! Left ya some love Chelle. Brigid ~ that sounds like a great situation for cropping.

Dances_With_Ink
Pro
Dances_With_Ink
In response to MaryS.

Hey everybody. We've had a hugely busy week here at the ol' all estrogen house. I can't believe all I've missed on here.

{{{{{Mary}}}}} I am so sorry about your daughter. Sending huge healing prayers your way.

Chas! Your poor puppy. Hang in there - it sounds like the dips will work! Think positive.

Chelle? Are you feeling any better?

Yes, Amanda - I will send everybody from the crop the pics I took. They are all still on the camera, along with some AMAZING goalie soccer pics I got of my youngest today at the game.

Laurie - your weight loss - that ROCKS!!

Brigid - congrats on getting some scrappin' done! I'm working on CJ pages now - well ok, I'm typing on the computer, but 3 feet from me are Pages in Progress LOL.

Allie - what's the update on the leak/mold?

Jennifer - send those boys out of the house next week during fall break. Lock 'em out & get some peace and quiet. Or, threaten to put them to work IN the house - that'll make them disappear faster than anything LOL.

Amber's hubby came and got Genie last night. The house is almost TOO quiet now. I enjoyed having twice the puggie love. On the eye front - you can't even tell which eye had the boo boo, so she is well onto her way to a complete recovery!

Hi to Tater & Michele and Trisha and anybody else I missed!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to Dances_With_Ink

Helllooo sistahs!

Nurse Lynette - I'm glad you were able to care for Ms. Genie until John came home.

No real update on the mold - I'm 90% sure it's a roof leak, and the roofers come out to look on Tuesday, so I will know then. Trisha has been flipping through her rolodex to find a drywall guy to come in and cut out the bad spot, which I'll have done once the roof is fixed. Here's one of the pics I took - it's pretty yucky!!

My Moldy Ceiling (YUCK)

Mary - I'm glad DD is doing better today. Put anything in the blender...and she'll get her nourishment. My mom had her jaw wired shut a few years ago, and boy did she get creative with that blender!

I really love Greyhounds. So beautiful, graceful, and couch potatos!!!

Chelle - left you some love on the LO. I love that idea!!! I may have to steal it for pics of me & my dad.

And I'm with ya - I hate cats in the kitchen, especially on counters & tables.

Brigid - you go girl with the scrap-mojo!!! Sounds like a good trade off to me - visit with the girls, get rid of the menfolk...

I keep thinking about Amber too - what's she doing? What is she seeing? I can't wait to hear about her trip!!!

Laurie - Giiiiiirrrrrll congrats on the weight loss this week! WOOHOOOOOOO!

I have had a great day! Very lazy morning...then went to get my haircut. What is it about a cut that can make you feel like a million bucks?? I went for the "I'm ready for a change" move, and my stylist got all excited. I actually let her give me bangs - I've been fighting it for YEARS! I think the cut is cute and sassy, and should be easy to style since it's SHORT!

Then I went to visit with Trisha and the gang while they worked on an art project. I call it loitering..

And then - the icing on the cake. MAIL! Michele sent me one of her rockin cool t-shirts and buttons!!!!! I can't wait to wear it. Y'all need one...! and maybe we oughta get her to design a SS shirt for the group?? whaddya think?

But wait - there's MORE! I got my paint can from the swap. holy moly y'all - my pal (Jacquemt) sent me the absolute best western themed paint can!!! Here it is:
Paint can from my swap pal 1
Paint can from my swap pal 2
Paint can lid from swap pal

AND...my 'Noles just scored against Bama and we have some great momentum - go BOYS! I just luuuuv college ball. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

WHEW. I'm giddy - can you tell? I so need to go out on the town tonight.. hmmmmmmm after the game of course...

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to TxAllieGrl

thanks for all that info. i am thinking positive. izzy also appreciates all the well wishes. she is eating her dinner now. one thing that hasnt changed is her appetite!!!

off to take an astronomy test. hope everyone has a great saturday night. i am pooped. went to lasiesta for a fabulous mexican dinner with my parents. local gals- we got there PRE-LOUD MUSIC!!! they started like 15 min before we left.

amanda- benito asked where my friend was. i asked which one and he said that pretty girl that comes with you all the time. YOU. my dad goes shes married man. and he said well she is nice. LOL. i think benito has a crush. LOL.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Chas- Awww that is SOOOOO sweet! NO one has ever called me the pretty one! Oh...and now you can tell us when to go eat there...PRE LOUD MUSIC! Ummmmmm.....lasiesta sounds REALLY good right now...we had bbq it was okay, but no salsa!

Allie- What an awesome gift....we are watching the same game on tv....dh is rooting for the Noles also!

Mary- Bless her heart! Good thing she had the braces in or she might have knocked them out! Hope everything goes well on Tues. and that she has no problems.

Laurie- Yay! 2.6lbs. is FABULOUS for 1 week...send me a little of your will power!

Hello everyone else! We went to my school's fall festival today, then to work with dh for a minute, then I went to the scrap event they are having in a town near me, and then I bought dinner and crashed for 3hrs...I'll never get to sleep tonight, but I feel tons better!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to classiclyamanda

since starting my quest for health i said the first 30 days i was going to not eat out but one time a week. well i did great, but i ate out twice. still compared to eating out one-two meals a day for a long long time that is a GREAT accomplishment for me. I am proud of myself!!! Next week i plan on meeting my goal of one time.

i know ive posted 100 times today but i just wanted to share.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Yay Chas! Hehe! I have been cruising all over the internet because I am wide awake...going to get the laptop so I can watch movies and scrap!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

• craftyamanda Said:
Yay Chas! Hehe! I have been cruising all over the internet because I am wide awake...going to get the laptop so I can watch movies and scrap!

got your message on www.scrapbookwarehouse.net! i am currently uploading pics as we speak.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Here are a couple of lo's I finished last weekend

1st day of 1st Grade
classicly You

TFL!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

okay ladies. two things.

#1 i encourage you to all go over to Creating Keepsakes website. go to the magazine tab and then get published. there is a recent pages contest where you just submit 5 recent pages you have completed. you just email them in. DO IT LADIES!!!! Let's put our work out there!!!

#2 please go over to www.scrapbookwarehouse.net and join the online community. this is the new store i will start working at this saturday. i have previously managed this store and adore the owners. they are awesome. there is an online store too! i have emailed the owners to ask if i can host monthly contests sponsored by the store. amanda is on there as well. there are only about 225 members and i am wanting to grow this online community. please join us. and post away!!!

okay i lied there is a 3rd. how do you post pics in these??? i want to post pics of my little girl on here.

classiclyamanda
Diva
classiclyamanda

Thanks for the info Chas...to upload a pick into the forum...you have to click on reply then click on the mountain button and enter the url and then you have your pic posted. You will have to go somewhere like photobucket.com or something like that to upload your pic and then use the url from that to post! Hope that helps...if you want you can email me the pic and I'll do it for you!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

• craftyamanda Said:
Thanks for the info Chas...to upload a pick into the forum...you have to click on reply then click on the mountain button and enter the url and then you have your pic posted. You will have to go somewhere like photobucket.com or something like that to upload your pic and then use the url from that to post! Hope that helps...if you want you can email me the pic and I'll do it for you!

i have a photobucket account so i will try first. if not i will be emailing you. you better submit those cute layouts you did at my house to Creating Keepsakes . OR ELSE MISSY!

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace

here is izzy ladies.

Edited by ScrappyChas on 09-29-07 07:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Chas - that pic of Izzy melts my heart. What a sweet face!! I'll head over to that site and have a looksee. Same for CK - I might have one or two worth sending in.

Amanda - glad you're here. How about a Sneak Peek (or 2) of your "Inspire" CJ pages?

How do you feel about a patriotic theme?

It's 10:45pm on a Saturday night..I'm scrapping and watching "Celtic Women" on PBS. With 4 pugs snoring at my feet. I mean really - does it GET any better than that??????????? bwahahahahaha

Chasity Grace
Pro
Chasity Grace
In response to TxAllieGrl

• TxAllieGrl Said:
Chas - that pic of Izzy melts my heart. What a sweet face!! I'll head over to that site and have a looksee. Same for CK - I might have one or two worth sending in.

Amanda - glad you're here. How about a Sneak Peek (or 2) of your "Inspire" CJ pages?

How do you feel about a patriotic theme?

It's 10:45pm on a Saturday night..I'm scrapping and watching "Celtic Women" on PBS. With 4 pugs snoring at my feet. I mean really - does it GET any better than that??????????? bwahahahahaha

four pugs. WOW. that is alot of snoring!!! does amber know you have 4 pugs? her girls are adorable. when we went to the dog park we saw the CUTEST itty bitty black pug!!!

Page 5 of 455 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics