Page 266 of 266 
Username Post: !<Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group vers 08-09>!        (Topic#1441609)
BrianFuchs
Veteran
BrianFuchs
In response to twinscrapbee

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a nice decade. It's nearly over, which makes me stop and think about it of course. I've certainly had some bad things happen in the last 10 years, but I really feel like overall it was good. Much of that could be my own transitions. 20 is much younger than 30, far more than only 10 years.

I'm really looking forward to the next 10. I think my head is clearer and I feel more like myself than I ever did during the 2000s.

It occurs to me that it might be nice to do a 10 page spread of the decade... maybe not of specific events or photos, but of who I was during certain points during the past decade. Or what I learned from the things that have happened. I'll work on that and let you know where I get with it. My friend Heather and I are learning how to make rag rugs right now, so my scrapping was put on the back burner, but it'll pop right back up as soon as we're finished.

Have a very happy New Year... and please be safe!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to BrianFuchs

bumpin bumpin...

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

I feel so behind! There has been so much happening in everyone's lives! Mostly good things!

Chris: The family gifts are hysterical. I look forward to seeing the LO's for those! LOL

Amanda: I agree about the posting issue. I check in and it seems like I have missed some and have to go back a page or two to see what happened. Maybe a new thread is a good idea and we can stop seeing the bumps...although bumps are kind of cute.

Sharon: I have been through physical therapy for my knee (many years ago now). It isn't fun but it is worth it. The most pain I had (and I just tore something and it moved my kneecap to the outside a bit) was the deep tissue massage!
Where, oh where, can we find the YouTube video?

I have seen many posts regarding Sookie Stackhouse books. I haven't read any of them, but I love the True Blood series (I DVR it and watch it when I want to). I take it the books are worth reading? I agree about Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) being very pleasing to the eyes, for a blond and not real impressed with Steve Moyer? (Bill) but I am getting used to him. Kind of like Viggo Morteson(?) as Aragon.

There has been lots of talk of games....I am too addicted to FB apps and have cut myself off (for the most part). I do check in but don't do much else(or I try not to). I don't own any game systems (although I did own the original Sega. I worked at a toy store when the first Sega and Nintendo came out and we got to test both systems. The entire store liked Sega better). Since then, I haven't done much along that line. Although the Wii fitness looks interesting. I guess that really isn't a game is it?

The BWC catch-up sounds great! Now that I am changing my routine to include scrap time, I would love to play catch-up!

Jess: Thank you for all the scrapping stuff. You made my day. I had to chuckle when I saw the football stickers and knew that made it special from you. I look forward to using it all. I think I put a picture up of the wonderful items you got for me. Thank you!

Thank you Marlene for the awesome card. I neglected to mention that earlier.

I don't have any big plans for the New Year celebration. My sister's and brother refer to it as "amateur night" so I stick close to home. I have been down near the Space Needle for the New Year. Although it is beautiful to see the fireworks shooting off the top of the needle, it is a nightmare with all the drunks.

I hope everyone have a fun and safe New Year. I will talk to you next year!

Michelle

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to Chell Rae

Happy New Decade Everyone!

No new thread, yet, so posting here.

Jesse, why does your avi have a birthday cake next to it? Did you find the recipe you were looking for?

Michelle and MyN, "I just don't like Stephen Moyer as Bill"?! Another for questioning Viggo as Aragon!

Sharon, I'm with Tay and Michelle, how are you gonna mention the vid but not tell us how to access it? You get a icon for that, too.
To answer your confusion about my reply to Amanda's post issues, I just thought that if our thread's problems had to do with the number of pages we had, maybe quoting long posts added to that. Make sense? Then, my idea was debunked when Amanda shared that she's in a cg with almost 1000 pages. Wowee.

Wendy, I wish I felt that same entitlement when schrubby buys big toys. It makes me feel like I have to hold out for a while.

Amanda, I think that might've happened with me a coupla times when I leave my screen on my fave topics and then click the thread without refreshing the window first. Dunno, really, just trying to help ease your frustration.

Brian, your lo for each year in the past decade idea would be a very good response to the ?OM I have saved to our blog, but not yet posted. I like what you wrote about transitioning having a lot to do with how you perceived your decade. Cheers to you and the new you!

Last night, schrubby, seester, and I went to our friends' apartment, who also had two of their friends over who we get along very well with, and they were all already tossed (one passed out, 20 minutes shy of midnight) . We had the intention of walking to a nearby dive bar, but we had such a good time chatting and laughing that we never left the apartment. Finally headed home close to 3am, safely thanks to our dd seester.

I gave our friends the mini album I had been working on which contained photos of last year's NYE, but I forgot to scan the pages for critique! There went my December contributions, but I might make my January requirements pretty early this year!

Rose Bowl today! Rooting for Oregon. Pac-10 baby!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to twinscrapbee

Happy New Year everyone

Scrapping Diva
Mayor
Scrapping Diva
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Good morning everyone!!

Nothing new and exciting to report here. I've spent yesterday going through magazines and junk mail, updating my address book and birthdays and now I am getting pics uploaded to print.

I don't make resolutions but my goal this year is to get back to the organized person I used to be

Have a great day!!

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Scrapping Diva

Pack your bags & move on over to our NEW THREAD!

Scrap Happenzz New Main Thread!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to blushpea

movin on over

happy New Year guys!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
from 2009
Don't you just HATE when you misplace something and can't find it. Well...it started this weekend when a silver charm went missing. I recently polished my silver charm bracelets, added a few charms, and did a general inventory. So how one would all of a sudden disappeared is very strange. So I start checking & rechecking the same areas like somehow it will just turn up the 3rd or 4th time I look.
Today I broaden my search to more jewelry areas even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't be there. That's when I opened an earring box and found the earrings and the card they were on gone! Now this pair of earrings was by far the best pair that I owned, real pearls, diamonds, gold. Not my favorite pair but definitely the pair worth the most. Brad just doesn't get it when I say, "us women KNOW when we wear the good stuff and we don't lose the good stuff" (and if we did lose really good jewerly we would be crying about it for weeks). So now I am all paranoid that maybe someone took them. I sure hope they turn up but I am going to start hiding my jewelry better. Anybody else have a similar thing happen? I am debating making an insurance claim.

Hey everybody I wanted to give everyone an update. Brad & I broke up and I moved out.
As I was moving... I was just about to toss that empty earring box out... when I looked one last time. and Lo & Behold my earrings were back!
I know for a fact I did NOT find them and put them back. (The empty earring box was still causally tossed in my desk, not in my jewelry box.) interesting...I always suspected ther person who house sat but never had the guts to say anything. Well whoever did take them returned them.

Page 266 of 266 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics