Page 2 of 55 
Username Post: DCWV Paper Stacks        (Topic#1444035)
mickeymarie
Expert
mickeymarie
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Jenny from the Crop Said:
OMG! Dawn! I totally got hooked on the mat stacks, too! Thank goodness for J's sales on dcwv stuff all the time. it makes it such a great buy. Oh, and I will get multiples of the 12x12 cs packs that come out each season. such great colors and texture and for a much better deal that Bazzill , I think.

I have one of the big CM power sort boxes full of the DCWV mat stacks, seperated out by color.

I never thought of using a power sort box for the matte stacks! Awesome Idea!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Big archival safe storage boxes for photos made by Creative Memories. They hold 2400 photos and have 12 compartments that can come out.

PM me if you're still curious.

Thanks...I might have to get me a couple of those. Don't laugh, but, when I first read "CM power sort boxes" I was thinking you had some sort of automatic "color sorter" for paper, LOL. If only, huh??

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to Josiology

Haha, I knew I'd see Jenny in here (hi Jenny!). I love DCWV stacks. When I first started, having a few stacks really helped to round out my collection; that continues to this day. I have the PP Stack, the Fall & Spring PP Stacks, the Black & White Stack & The Photo Stack (ahem, I am not listing the cardstock ones I have but I have a bunch of those too!). I use them all though some more than others (I really go through the cardstock ones fast), it's just great to have that much PP for that price. And I love how you can flip through a stack you think you already know & spot a sheet that you don't remember, it's like an extra added bonus. Sure there are some sheets I'm less likely to use, but the benefits FAR outweigh the waste, IMHO!

Ahh, feel the warm DCWV glow...

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another stack until I finish one (am almost done w/ a cardstock one) but that Rock Star's calling my name. So's Dressed Up!

LOL on the magic sorting box too...

Edited by blushpea on 12-05-07 05:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to blushpea

I love DCWV - especially when they are 50% - I load up on them - I too see that they are a great value and don't flip out when I see my daughter cutting up the pretty paper for her crafts, school projects, etc. I also love to use the PP for card making!!! I just love them!!

gg  loves Matthew
Queen
gg  loves Matthew
In response to blushpea

ok ok...I am hooked on them too.....I have sooooooooo many I also buy the coordinating solids to go with them.

I use designs that I am not too crazy about for cards and things to give away.....I think when they are used they end up looking really nice

I enjoy having so many choices....even some designs in one stack say Xmas can be used for other times of the year as well.

And the price makes it that more tempting

MEGULA
MEGULA 
New Kid On the Block
MEGULA
In response to fuzzlekins

I absolutely *love* DCWV!!!

I only buy them on sale or from Ebay, though, because they can be pricey and we're penny pinchers.

The papers are so diverse that we use them in various albums, for matting, and for card-making.

Our favorite stack design is "Once Upon A Time" ~ it's so gorgeous!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MEGULA

I love them too! I have a bunch and have made myself refrain from buying any more until I use up some more of what I have. Of course, I don't have some of them yet that are really calling to me, like the rock star and far east ones. I also tend towards the cs ones, because they're great when I need a little splash of a certain color. They also work wonders as photo mats (I think someone else already said that!).

Also, when you get them on sale, they are relatively inexpensive. One woman was shocked when I went to a crop and let her have three sheets of my glitter stack. She fell in love with it too and was asking where she could get some. Of course, I had to be an enabler and clue her in.

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to siameseplease

I've bought them in the past and hardly ever use up enough. I like having all that coordinating paper though.

I really like the thicker paper pads too though, like the Rockstar, Once Upon A Time or the Pocket Full of Posies as opposed to the lighter weight paper pads.

I really like the pads from HL; the KI, Wild Asparagus , MME...I've used those more and they go half off quite often. In fact, they are half off right now:)

Edited by shopgirlaudi on 12-05-07 07:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Spacy Tracy
Mayor
Spacy Tracy
In response to shopgirlaudi

Jen... the rose PP in a few of my LO's (red roses and the white roses and the pink roses) all came from a DCWV pack!!!
I dont know if I'll use all that came in it but I sure have used a good portion of it!

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to Spacy Tracy

I rarely buy paper at full price, unless it's something extra special. I do like the DCWV stacks. I like that they go on sale at J's for $9.99. I like that they have a lovely white core. I really like that they have coordinating colors. (I'm bad about mixing and matching my colors and I need all the help I can get.)

I love, love, love the Old World cardstock. Ooooh Pretty!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to shopgirlaudi

• shopgirlaudi Said:
I've bought them in the past and hardly ever use up enough. I like having all that coordinating paper though.

I really like the thicker paper pads too though, like the Rockstar, Once Upon A Time or the Pocket Full of Posies as opposed to the lighter weight paper pads.

I really like the pads from HL; the KI, Wild Asparagus , MME...I've used those more and they go half off quite often. In fact, they are half off right now:)

You, my dear, are an enabler.

I love DCWV. I love the Brights stack and the Once Upon A Time stack. I, too, love the white core. I like that it looks good torn and it also looks good torn and inked.

scrapali22
Expert
scrapali22

I love buying DCWV stacks only when they're on sale. I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp, that's one hell of a steal and eventually I'll use them all I've bought two patterened ones and one textured cardstock white core which I could soon use another! I loved it!the quality rocks!

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to scrapali22

I've bought a coupe of stacks. An MME one and the Winter stack at J's for cards. They are good deals, if you use that much paper. I don't think I'll ever use all that paper. I'll get sick of the design first, even with the smaller pads. I do like the cardstock stacks.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Big archival safe storage boxes for photos made by Creative Memories. They hold 2400 photos and have 12 compartments that can come out.

PM me if you're still curious.

Thanks...I might have to get me a couple of those. Don't laugh, but, when I first read "CM power sort boxes" I was thinking you had some sort of automatic "color sorter" for paper, LOL. If only, huh??

like one of those dollar bill counters!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to blushpea

• blushpea Said:
Haha, I knew I'd see Jenny in here (hi Jenny!). I love DCWV stacks. When I first started, having a few stacks really helped to round out my collection; that continues to this day. I have the PP Stack, the Fall & Spring PP Stacks, the Black & White Stack & The Photo Stack (ahem, I am not listing the cardstock ones I have but I have a bunch of those too!). I use them all though some more than others (I really go through the cardstock ones fast), it's just great to have that much PP for that price. And I love how you can flip through a stack you think you already know & spot a sheet that you don't remember, it's like an extra added bonus. Sure there are some sheets I'm less likely to use, but the benefits FAR outweigh the waste, IMHO!

Ahh, feel the warm DCWV glow...

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another stack until I finish one (am almost done w/ a cardstock one) but that Rock Star's calling my name. So's Dressed Up!

LOL on the magic sorting box too...

Me, too! And I got dressed up.... you should get it. I think you need it. :P

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Jenny from the Crop

OMG... this thread is so exciting. LOL Makes me want to go home and just flip through all of my paper.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Jenny from the Crop

Jenny, bring some with you to work tomorrow. That way you always have a piece to fondle in an emergancy!

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins
In response to scrapali22

• scrapali22 Said:
I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp

I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp. I guess that's why I'm not quite convinced on the DCWV. I like the idea of *sometimes* using pre-coordinated paper, but I also think that the open stock patterns are much prettier than what comes in the stacks. Hmmm, still can't quite decide but they're on sale for 50% off at M's this week. Guess I'll have to go have a look.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to fuzzlekins

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • scrapali22 Said:
I think I worked it out to be like 17 cents per sheet of pp

I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp. I guess that's why I'm not quite convinced on the DCWV. I like the idea of *sometimes* using pre-coordinated paper, but I also think that the open stock patterns are much prettier than what comes in the stacks. Hmmm, still can't quite decide but they're on sale for 50% off at M's this week. Guess I'll have to go have a look.

Try one stack. Or even a mat stack. If you hate it, use some and give the rest away in a RAK or a swap.

Page 2 of 55 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics