Page 3 of 55 
Username Post: DCWV Paper Stacks        (Topic#1444035)
Joda
Joda 
Guru
Joda
  • Joda on 12-06-07 08:59 AM
In response to Jenny from the Crop

• Jenny from the Crop Said:
  • Joda Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Big archival safe storage boxes for photos made by Creative Memories. They hold 2400 photos and have 12 compartments that can come out.

PM me if you're still curious.

Thanks...I might have to get me a couple of those. Don't laugh, but, when I first read "CM power sort boxes" I was thinking you had some sort of automatic "color sorter" for paper, LOL. If only, huh??

like one of those dollar bill counters!

I know...but, hey, I'd buy one! I spend a lot of time sorting and organizing, lol.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Joda

omg... lol... you know you're a scrapbooker when....

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to fuzzlekins

I buy them when they are on sale. Not just DCWV, but all stacks that I like. The sheets that I dont like, or wont use all 2 or 3 of I resell on Craigslist. I just went through all my paper a few weeks ago and sold 225 sheets for $25

cveira
cveira 
Queen
cveira
In response to marine-wife

I have purchased DCWV stacks before. I like them.
But never buy them for full price - wait until you have a coupon or they are half off - so that even if you don't use some of it, you won't feel as if you wasted your money.

I bought a 12 x 12 wedding stack and a different 8 x 8 wedding stack when I was working on my wedding album and it worked out pretty nicely.
I've also bought some others too.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins
In response to moxiegirl23

Not a bad idea, Liz. BTW, I misspoke -- it's JA's that has their stacks on sale this week and it's 40% off. I flipped through all the stacks they had tonight and I just couldn't seem to commit to one. Couldn't find any that I really got excited about like I do when I peruse the open stock. However, my one beef with the open stock, at least at JA's, is that it never seems to change. I'm thinking sooner or later I'm going to have everything I like from their wall o' paper. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the designer papers at my LSS, but I just refuse to pay $0.88 - $1.30 for a piece of paper! Is it just me or is $1.30 nuts??

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

$1.30 is crazy.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

• fuzzlekins Said:
I always hit the 6/$0.96 sale at JA's so I'm used to paying $0.16 for hand-picked pp.

I've done that a few times, but the last two times I just picked up solid white or cream colored cardstock to use as the foundation page. I just didn't see anything else that caught my eye.

I second giving DCWV a try when it goes on sale. I have to metal-head sons and the Rockstar paper will go nicely in their albums. I love the Old World paper and I keep thinking about the Far East paper...but figure I'd better use some of what I've got before I go buying more.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to melissa_1959

I used to buy patterned paper stacks, but I found that I never used most of it so it is a big waste for me. I do buy carstock in stacks, though since that always gets used.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to darksideme

ACM has all packaged paper on sale this week. Just an FYI. The sale goes til Tuesday.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to melissa_1959

Actually the DCWV paper packs when they are on sale come to less then 6 cents a piece. And Joann's has a mega pack out now that I think comes to 5 cents a piece when its on sale.

The premium packs (which are heavier paper - RockStar, Far East, Glittered, etc) and cardstock packs come to about 17 cents apiece.

I LOVE these paper packs. For me they are definitely worthwhile.

weekend scrapper
Pro
weekend scrapper
In response to disneylisa

Family tend to buy me a lot of Paper Stacks as gifts, which is great. But I wouldn't buy them myself because I like to pick out individual PP.

leibetty
Governor
leibetty
In response to weekend scrapper

I love the dcvw paper stacks , even in the Christmas/Fall/Summer stacks (I've never actually gotten a spring one) there are enough "plain" stripes, dots, checks etc that make it not ALL Totally themey
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet
even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c

I love DCWV ... I do cards envolopes and LOs with these papers. I also used these a lot with my die cutting machine. I also really love the fact that it has a white core. You can emboss and then sand.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins
In response to leibetty

• leibetty Said:
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

That's the best argument I've seen. Okay, maybe I'm convinced now.;) Guess I'll try the Christmas stack. I like the Kids stack and *might* get that one, but that one is only 48 pages unfortunately.

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • leibetty Said:
like disneylisa said at 1/2off 19.99 the 180 sheet packs work out to 6cents a sheet - you could even use 1/10th of the pack and still be better off than the "standard" 60cents a sheet even if you only use a THIRD of the stack that's the Joann's "6/$.96 sale" price - so I get it if I like at least 1/3 of the patterns hehe and then, some grow on me

That's the best argument I've seen. Okay, maybe I'm convinced now.;) Guess I'll try the Christmas stack. I like the Kids stack and *might* get that one, but that one is only 48 pages unfortunately.

The Christmas stack is great! The only papers in it I don't like are the set of photorealistic ones.

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff

• fuzzlekins Said:
  • leibetty Said:

I think I have every stack made in the past 4 years now, and I LOVE the kids one (if you have kids). It is so cute! I am really liking the 48 pagers now as they are cardstock thickness, not just PP. I also have a paper addiction, so I buy way too much paper anyways. I think I am up to 23 Cropper Hopper s now, not including all the stacks.

fuzzlekins
Diva
fuzzlekins

I'm taking the plunge! I'm getting the big Christmas stack. I was so inspired by Robbielh1's decorated paint cans that I'm going to do the same type thing with empty baby formula canisters. I'm going to use the Christmas stack to cover the canisters.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3

I just bought the christmas glitter stack today, and most of the pages I really like. I used the ones I don't like for a project my sister needed for work, so it actually worked out pretty well for me. I like the stacks, they are cheaper and come in coordinating papers. Most of the time I only like 1/2 of the pack, but I give some away to kids or children's centers. I will only buy them when they are on sale or I use a coupon too.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• fuzzlekins Said:
I'm taking the plunge! I'm getting the big Christmas stack. I was so inspired by Robbielh1's decorated paint cans that I'm going to do the same type thing with empty baby formula canisters. I'm going to use the Christmas stack to cover the canisters.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

• fuzzlekins Said:
Do you guys buy paper stacks? (not cs) The DCWV stacks are always on sale for half off and I think about it but then always decide against it. Do you find them to be a good deal?

I recived the DCWV Stacker III 4 years ago for Christmas. I STILL have paper. The problem and good thing is that it is the same patterns in every color. So if you like a pattern it's easy to find in the color you want BUT then you have tons of paper you may not want (i hardly use orange/yellow/brown)

However I did give away alot as a RAK in my critique group and have sold some on Ebay and bought papers I did want with it. You can also trade with people who bought other paper stacks you want some of,

Page 3 of 55 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics