Username Post: Stamp "Stick?"        (Topic#1444087)
MEGULA
MEGULA 
New Kid On the Block
MEGULA

I am in need of (yet another) tool for our craft collection and was wondering if you knew where I could find it, if such a thing even exists...

I would like a "universal stick" that I can slide rubber stamps into so that I have a handle, and thus a better grip, when stamping. I picture this tool being akin to a razor handle that you slide the razor heads/blade in and out of. Does that make sense? I want us to be able to stamp more precisely and cleanly when Dean and I scrap/craft; most of the stamps in our collection are the typical rubber ones that aren't already mounted on wooden handles and with Dean's "man hands" and my long nails, it can be difficult.

So, have you heard of/seen/use a product like this? I haven't seen it at any of the craft stores/sites that we frequent...

Thanks!

Jamie Pope
Queen
Jamie Pope
In response to MEGULA

sounds like a good idea, but I've never seen anything like it

MEGULA
MEGULA 
New Kid On the Block
MEGULA
In response to Jamie Pope

Argh... that's what I was afraid of. Oh well.

ScrappinSage
Veteran
ScrappinSage
In response to MEGULA

Are you looking for something to extend the grip on stamps that are already mounted on wood, or stamps that aren't mounted on anything and that come with clear blocks to stick to? Perhaps a picture of what you're trying to mount would help lead us in the right direction

MEGULA
MEGULA 
New Kid On the Block
MEGULA
In response to ScrappinSage

Good question!

For stamps that are not already mounted, I would like an adhesive or slide-on handle for them.

For example, my sis-in-law gave me a gorgeous Celtic stamp kit a while back... we absolutely love the designs, but handling the small rubber stamps is a bit awkward.

ScrappinSage
Veteran
ScrappinSage
In response to MEGULA

http://store.scrapbook.com/ty-cb4x3.html

Like this?

There are a myriad of clear hard plastic blocks that you put the unmounted stamps on in any configuration that you like. They're inexpensive, and come in a gajillion sizes! And, if you buy SeeDee's unmounted stamp sets, some of those come with a block in the set.

Edited by ScrappinSage on 12-06-07 03:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ScrappinSage

i bought a clear block from M's from the (gasp) Martha Stewart collection. It's the size of a 4.25 by 5.5 card and it's gridded off. It came with acrylic cement and a handle that can be attached. I haven't attached mine because I like not having it there while I lay out my stamps on it. Something like this might be useful for you and your honey.

scrappintlc
Queen
scrappintlc
In response to Seaexplore

There are handles yes for the acrylic blocks but give me a little while to remember where I saw them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics