Username Post: Can someone explain...        (Topic#1445063)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-17-07 12:44 PM

what an ATC is? I know it stands for Artist's Trading Cards, but I don't really understand what they are or what they're used for. Is it just a way to be creative/showcase your creativity or does it serve another purpose? What do you put on them or how do you make them? They're small, right? Do you actually trade them with people?

And feel free to link yours here...I'd love to see them. Thanks in advance!

brigid16
Diva
brigid16
In response to Vel

Atc's are playing card size. they are like little canvases to create on and then give to someone else as a piece of art and inspiration. Sometimes people do ATC swaps that have a theme to them and sometimes it is a chance for you to showcase a technique that you love to use or show your style in something on a much smaller scale. One of the "rules" about ATC's is that they are meant for trading and are not supposed to be sold. I suppose you can just make them for yourself if you want to too. Mostly it is just another way to see someones style and techniques and a chance for you to connect with another artist!
Hope that is helpful!! I don't have any of mine in my gallery but you can always do a search in the gallery and I bet you could find some there!
Good luck!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to brigid16

I keep mine in an altered metal candy tin.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to DawnInAZ

i have seen ATC collections hung on the Clip-It-Up and it is amazing to see them. they are truly "mini" works of art, full of enormous creativity and design. i don't make them myself, but i love looking at them!

Butterstweak
Guru
Butterstweak
In response to Scrappy Nan

I was so wondering what ATCs were; thanks for clearing that up.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Butterstweak

I seem to remember reading that there are only 2 'rules'...they must be 2.5 x 3.5 inches and they must be traded, not sold, unless you keep them for yourself obviously! I think those who regularly trade put a few details on the back such as their name, techniques used and maybe some bare contact details so that if you get one of their cards in a trade/swap you can contact them with any questions about how they did a particular effect.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 12-18-07 04:47 AM
In response to scrappercaz

Thanks for the info! That clears it up. Think I'll search the gallery and see if I can find some.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Vel

oh i wanted to know what these were too! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tigers Kitten
Veteran
Tigers Kitten
In response to llprncess3

I made a bunch a while ago. I keep meaning to make more, but I always get busy with other projects

Here's the ones I've made:
http://www.tigerskitten.com/sushicards.html
http://www.tigerskitten.com/sushicards2.html

Dolores
Diva
Dolores
In response to Tigers Kitten

This are ATCs from a SWAP I participated in. The one I made is the last one "Motherhood"

Being a Woman ATCs

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 12-18-07 08:47 PM
In response to Dolores

I'm making one for a friend, glad to see some more ideas!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics