Page 2 of 3157 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Eat Sleep Scrap

I've been playing around with the album section of my gallery. It appears as though we can create an album and then put a password on it. It's then, only viewable by those who know that password.

For the sake of LO's we want critiqued... prior to making them public, we could add them to our critique albums and then post on this thread to go take a look. I think if we all set up similar albums (and all have the same password to those albums... which we'll figure out via PM's), that should keep the critique process easy.

After your satisfied with the results of the critique, delete the LO from the critique album and re-post it in the public gallery. That way no one will see all our ramblings & you start with shiny, happy, comments.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or comments?

Oh, also, how many challenges a month does everyone want to do? And, in what kind of time frame do you want them to be completed in?

We're planning on posting our first official challenge mid-week, but weren't sure how long everyone would need to complete it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-08 12:23 PM
In response to retrojulie

I was thinking about the password protected album. I think that's a good idea. Maybe we could set the password as FSSCG (for "For Scraps Sake critique group"). Just a thought.

I could do a challenge in two weeks, but I know a lot of others are either a) in other challenges or b) have limited time. So what does everyone else think?

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap
In response to Vel

two weeks in fine by me

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty

I know..isn't it crazy that we live in the same town? We've probably passed each other in the grocery store or Kmart many times and never even knew it..funny. Small world!

Kromkitty
Diva
Kromkitty
In response to Kromkitty

Two weeks sounds good to me too.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Well, let's give our password Critique albums a little spin to see if it'll work. Use the password Vel suggested.

Here's a LO I'm tired of dealing with:

Jayde - Scarlett

Bring on the critiques!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-08 02:23 PM

hmmm, it's not working. I'm getting a box that says "no access" rather than asking for a password or anything. Odd.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Hmmm... let me double check everything. I know some people are getting through. Eat Sleep Scrap posted and it shows over 20 views.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

I changed it to where only 'best friends' can access it, and I made sure all the scraps sake girls are designated in my friends list as so.

We're all best friends. We can have sleepovers, braid each others' hair and giggle about boys!

Eat Sleep Scrap
Queen
Eat Sleep Scrap

Julie: the album and lo are both gone.

whenvever I've used private albums, you have to actually go to the album section of the person's gallery and go in that route. A link won't work to a specific image because the album is password protected.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Is it back? I switched it back to password - same as before.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-08 03:54 PM

I had to get to it by going to your gallery, then to your albums and clicking on the FSS album. It did ask me for a password, which it accepted on the second try (when I capitalized the letters) and showed me a thumbnail of the page. But when I clicked on the thumbnail I got the no access message for some reason, as well as a string of letters and numbers. No idea what's up with that.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I got in...left you a comment

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Kromkitty

• Kromkitty Said:
I know..isn't it crazy that we live in the same town? We've probably passed each other in the grocery store or Kmart many times and never even knew it..funny. Small world!

I thought of that, too. Or at the LSS. Craziness!!! Especially since E-town isn't that big.

I think 2 weeks is great for the challenges. I work better under pressure! LOL

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

• Vel Said:
I had to get to it by going to your gallery, then to your albums and clicking on the FSS album. It did ask me for a password, which it accepted on the second try (when I capitalized the letters) and showed me a thumbnail of the page. But when I clicked on the thumbnail I got the no access message for some reason, as well as a string of letters and numbers. No idea what's up with that.

Hmmmm... not sure why you can't access it. Someone else set up a critique album & post a random pic or LO in it, maybe I just have it set up funny or something.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-

I'm off to bed...it's been a LONG day! Will check in in the morning. 'Nite.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-06-08 06:10 PM
In response to -Melissa-

Got in, Julie. I think sb.com might have been having problems because when the e-mails came through the photos for your avatar weren't showing either. Anyway, left some feedback.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Hey girls...good morning! I just thought of something. What do you guys think about exchanging addresses with each other. That way if we do the ATC's or Circle Journal or just want to pop some happy mail out to each other, we have the address? We'll have to do it in a PM, though, so it is not here for everyone to see. Just a thought...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-07-08 06:37 AM
In response to -Melissa-

I think that's a fabulous idea.

Oops, thought I was in a pm and posted my address. Ugh, it's Monday.

We can post addresses to a pm, if you want. I'll put mine in the one we have going.

Edited by Vel on 01-07-08 06:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-07-08 06:41 AM
In response to Vel

Holy cow, I'm really struggling today. I forgot we all sort of deleted our pm we had going. I'll start a new one for addresses now.

Page 2 of 3157 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics