Page 3154 of 3157 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Richelle

Yes! SO far really good!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Richelle

Our little thread is just a dyin' away it seems. I'll admit, I only come over about once a week and check things out anymore. I tend to catch up with everyone on FB, so to come over here seems redundant sometimes.

Congratulations again on the engagement, Vel. It's wonderful to see you so happy. Wow... your life has certainly changed a lot over this past year, hasn't it?

So how's the home schooling going so far, Manda? Do the kids take it seriously? I think that'd be the hardest thing.

Nothing major going on in my life right now. I'm MAJORLY broke these days. Like less than paycheck to paycheck broke. It's horrible. As a matter of fact, once my lease is up here, I'm moving BACK to my mom's for good. We've made an agreement & established boundaries so that the living arrangements will be good for all. She'll be clearing out the back 1/3 of her house for me so that I'll have my own space and won't feel like I'm living with someone else. So I'll still have a bedroom, a scrap room and my own bathroom. The plus side is that I'll be saving a TON of money & also helping her out with expenses since she's retiring next year. So it's gonna be a good situation for both of us. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to retrojulie

Look - Nikki finally joined sb.com and she's doing a giveaway if you're interested:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15543...

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Julie, that sounds awesome! I hope it works out.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Manda_K

Me too, Manda. Me too.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

@@@@@@@@@@

^ tumbleweed

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Hmmm, it is a ghost town up in here!!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Manda_K

A ghost town without a saloon.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-08-11 03:50 PM

~strolling in sporting chaps and a wagon load of moonshine~

Did I hear someone say saloon??

hiccup

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vel

Awww!! Did I miss the barkeep?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-09-11 05:00 PM
In response to Manda_K

Wagon's still half full, missy, help yourself!

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

I go by Melissa, but I'll still grab one off the wagon

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to -Melissa-

...oh yeah, that's me!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to -Melissa-

LOL!!

Good morning ladies!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-10-11 05:24 AM
In response to Manda_K

Morning!

If you haven't been following on FB, my dad could come home from the hospital today. But he said he didn't want to; told the doc he's too weak and I know for a fact he's still in a ton of pain. Turns out they f'd up his pain meds for like five days. Was supposed to be getting more than double what he was getting and that slowed his progress. Plus, we found out he's allergic to paper tape and when they pulled it all off (all over his body--tummy, back, legs) it pulled the skin too and he has these awful looking sores. OMG the poor man, it's heartbreaking to see him in so much pain. BUT, on the bright side, he's cancer free (to the best of our knowledge) and that's what this was all about.

I told Brian not to come down last weekend and I should've had him here. I really needed a hug and my dad was asking about him. But one of his best friends was having a 40th bday and I didn't want him to feel obligated to come down. He felt like ******** when he found out how risky this surgery was. And truthfully, he could've hopped in his car and come but he didn't (ok, so he told the pub owner he'd work a party for him Saturday and they didn't have a replacement). Oh well, live and learn, right? But geesh, 12 days without seeing your honey is a longass time, ya know?

Anyway...how's everyone doing?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vel

That is a long time!

Glad to hear your dad is coming home, but WTH with the hospital?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 03-10-11 07:26 AM
In response to Manda_K

OMG I know! I was so angry yesterday and the anger just keeps growing. But it's hard to blame anyone, really. I mean, it's a hospital and stuff happens. Still...you never want to see someone you love suffering.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

Your poor dad. He's been through so much. But at least he's on the heal now... and, hopefully, the meds will kick in for him.

It's supposed to snow again tonight. So over it. I'm ready for spring. As much as I hated Florida, I have to admit that I'm a sunshine kind of gal. There's a big St.Patrick's Day event in town this weekend (makes sense... Dublin, OH) so I think I'm gonna venture out for that. Hopefully, I'll get some good pics.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

Sounds fun!

Sunshine is good, but hey, now you have actual seasons!

-PaperJunkie-
Mayor
-PaperJunkie-
In response to Manda_K

Hi girls!! Popping and passing Adult beverages to everyone in this ghost town!!!

Vel.....wonderful to read your dad is doing better! And huge Congrats on your engagement!!!

Manda......I home schooled all my kids for several years and it was a wonderful experience for us!! It's a lot of work, but it's very rewarding!

Susan.....hope you're starting to feel better!!

Hi Julie!!! Hi Mel!! Hi Holly!! Hi Victoria!!! Hi Jeni!!!

Hi Richelle...Grant is looking more grown up each time I come here!!

I am loving American Idol this year!! Great talent!! Right now James is my fav! He does remind me of Adam Lambert, but I really love his voice & raw talent, and really admire his ability to overcome the challenges of Tourette's and Asperger's.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!! I'm so glad we finally set the clocks ahead and really looking forward to spring!!!

Page 3154 of 3157 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics