Page 5 of 3157 
Username Post: *For Scraps Sake* COF/critique group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1446845)
retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to vawm

Ooo, Victoria, I would love your house. We actually considered purchasing a 1950's home when we were looking. We're drawn to the architecture where the roofs are completely flat. We had so many people tell us how horrible the upkeep was that we purchased a newer home instead.

I'm a big fan of the atomic starbursts, boomerang countertops, funky shades of bathroom tiles (yes... Vel, I know ) and Eames furniture. Love it all!

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to retrojulie

Morning ladies!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Richelle

Good Morning.

Currently trying to convince myself to leave the house, my boss is not the devil & that I *will* eat the lunch I packed and not resort to Sonic in order to ease the pain of the work day.

So far... I've got my shoes on.

So, how's everyone coming with our re-do's? I printed my pics last night, but I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 04:24 AM
In response to Richelle

Morning all! Home sick from work today so I'm hoping I'll get some scrapping done.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to Vel

Good morning everyone!!

Hi Richelle!!! Wow, see what happens when a girl has to go to work! Welcome...looking forward to having you with us.

Julie....mmm Sonic!! I'm such an enabler! I've got my redo in my head. Just gotta get the pics scanned. Heck, I could draw stick figures and it would look better than my first page

Vel....sorry you are sick!! Here's to a speedy recovery!

I have an idea of someone I would like to join. It is my friend Dee. We were in a circle journal together and have been friends for about a year now....here's her place http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/35612.html

Let me know!!! I know that she would love to work with this group and grow along with all of us.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 05:22 AM
In response to -Melissa-

• brewerygirlmel Said:
Good morning everyone!!

I have an idea of someone I would like to join. It is my friend Dee. We were in a circle journal together and have been friends for about a year now....here's her place http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/35612.html

Let me know!!! I know that she would love to work with this group and grow along with all of us.

Well, hop to it! I think she'd be a great addition. And thanks for the well wishes.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

Well... I'm here (at work). Bleh.

Vel, sorry you're feeling puny. ~rubbing tummy~ Wait! I'm also feeling puny... maybe I should go home.

Melissa, I say bring her in! I love her style - very fun. She'd make a great addition.

I've been reading up on circle journals... they could be fun. What I don't understand is who keeps it. If we did a circle journal (which would rock, btw), do we do multiple copies so everyone gets one? I don't understand...

And ATC's, what's the point? What do you do with them? I know you give them to others, but what do they do with them? Again, not understanding.

Just trying to fill our bag of tricks for future swaps & group projects.

Idol

Good Morning! I'm Darlene (or Dee). Melissa invited me. This looks like fun! Can't wait to get started.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to ...........

Welcome!

I see you're from Jacksonville. I'm currently in Gainesville, but lived & worked in Jacksonville for several years. I was an AP Clerk at Barnett. Loved living in Jacksonville - always something to do.

Idol
In response to Eat Sleep Scrap

1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Darlene Brown - you can call me Dee instead of having to type out my name...lol

2) Where are you from? Hilliard, FL - 40 miles NE of Jacksonville

3) Family? Husband Web, and 4 yr old dd Adrienne or AJ

4) Occupation? part time A/P clerk
5) Age? 32

6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Typically? about 10

7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I prefer 12x12 but I would like to try a different size for fun

How would you describe your scrapping style? Ummm, it's pretty simple, fast

9) How long have you been scrapping? since 2002

10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Nothing I'm KNOWN for, but I like to layer and use as many papers from a line as possible! LOL

11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? KI, Reminisce and many many more

12) Is there a technique you’d love to learn or have tried and gave up on? I'm not so good with stamping and I would like to learn to sew on a page

13) Is there someone on sb.com or elsewhere whose style you love or whose LOs inspire you? Not one person in particular...I can look thru galleries for HOURS on end and be in awe of the great stuff in there.

14) What do you hope to gain from being in the For Scraps Sake group? Hopefully a little more confidence about my work, and tweak my style, therefore becoming a better scrapper.

Idol

Hi Julie! yeah we're not too far from each other. I work for a small construction company. I just started working part time in Aug b/c I put DD in preschool.

-Melissa-
Angel
-Melissa-
In response to ...........

Hi Dee So glad you joined us!!! This is going to be so much fun!

Off to see what I can do with that first layout....LOL

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 07:15 AM
In response to -Melissa-

Hi Dee and welcome to our group!

Julie had a great idea and I'd like to be the first to partake. She suggested we take a lo or two that we've done recently and put it in our private, For Scraps Sake gallery to be critiqued by the other ladies. I've just done that with one of mine. Here's the link to that folder: FSS folder If that doesn't work, go to my gallery, to the albums, and look for the For Scraps Sake album.
Don't forget, we're password protecting those galleries, so if you've forgotten the password, pm me and I'll give it to you.
So what I'm looking for is a top to bottom, what would I have done, kind of thing. Paper suggestions, title, placement, the works. I'm not going to take the page apart but it'll give me great ideas for next time.
Anyone else game? Feel like a little constructive criticism?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to -Melissa-

OK Ladies...

It's time to put on our big girl panties! We need to get comfortable offering critiques on one anothers' LO's.

If you haven't already done so, please set up your For Scrap Sakes Critique Album along with the password as was suggested the other day.

Place a copy of a LO that is currently in your gallery (any LO, it doesn't matter - it can be one of your faves or one that you never felt was right). Again, make it a copy of the LO - we don't want to mess up your "glowing comments" with our critiques.

Positive comments are always welcome, and we definitely encourage those. For this side-challenge, however, we will insist that you leave at least one constructive criticism type comment on every LO that is posted in a critique album.

We're hoping this little exercise will make us more comfortable in critiquing. Don't be scared to be the first comment either... someone has to start!

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

Ha! Vel is fast when she's sick! Ignore my duplicate post.

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie

I've just updated my critique album - bring on the critiques!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 08:18 AM

Hey, Julie. Is there a way on our blog to put a list? What I'm thinking is, if we all could do a Word document or something like that with a list of our favorite non- sb.com stores and maybe a mini review, compile it and add it to our blog. There may be some overlap, but that's OK too. I have a ton of stores I love and I can find good deals at (great sales, low shipping, good customer service, nice selection, perks etc.) that I'd love to share with the FSS gals. Think that's possible? I could get started on mine today while I'm home (since my scrap mojo has apparently left the building).

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

I'm sure there is. I know that I can do links - which I've added a few.

Are you talking like something similar to the superstore here? Like, click on the link and then it takes you to another page which goes more in depth?

Or are you talking about a recommendation with the link TO the store (or whatever). Kind of like a link within the text?

Brewerygirl has offered to help with any blog related questions... she's somewhat familiar with the workings. Melissa?

Anyone else know? Hey! I believe our newest member is blog savvy too.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-10-08 08:38 AM

Or are you talking about a recommendation with the link TO the store (or whatever). Kind of like a link within the text?

Yep, that's what I'm thinking. Like make it a blog entry, where all you have to do is copy and paste what we've sent you, aside from creating the link to the store. Would that be an extraordinary amount of work for you?

retrojulie
Governor
retrojulie
In response to Vel

No, I think it could be accomplished fairly easily. There's an "about me" section that is currently unused and that would be a good spot for it. That way it doesn't get lost in all the blog and eventually nothing more than a topic in the archive.

If I use the 'about me' section, it should always stay towards the top of the blog.

I guess all we can do is try, right?

Page 5 of 3157 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics