Page 1 of 10 
Username Post: Closed and Active - ATC Swap for Photo a day Members        (Topic#1447897)
Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hi Glad you made it!!!

I made some ATC's for some of my other on-line friends as RAK's for Christmas. I raided their blogs and photobuckets to find photos of them, I printed them out and embellished the ATC.
Have a look here to see what I mean!My Blog
So I got to thinking that I would like to hold a swap with the POD members!
Rules
    Cut a piece of card measured 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches
    Take a self potrait shot (to tie in with the POD challenge)
    Crop it to fit on the piece of card (ATC) (I cropped mine to 2cm by 3cm)
    Decorate/embellish the ATC.
    Make this ATC for the amount of people that sign up eg 10 sign-ups 10 ATC's (rem to make an extra one for yourself to keep)
    Send all the ATC's (expect the one you are keeping for yourself!).
    I will do the swap and then post them back to you!

WHAT I DO TO MAKE MY ATC'S
I use any type/colour of cardstock I can lay my hands on, A4, 12x12, 8x8, 6x6, even scrap card cut 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches!

What I do is:
Cut 2 pieces 2.5 x 3.5,
Use one for the front (embellishments, photos, etc)
One for the back for Information Bought desgin - My Desgin
Then stick the two together and you get quite a strong ATC. This method is also usefull if you want to hid the "mess" at the back of the card, (brads, ribbon and fiber ends, etc).

ATC's are great for using up your scraps!!! You can embellish the atc with whatever you wish! Only rules are it must be 2.5 x 3.5 inches and include a photo of yourself!!!

INFORMATION FOR THE BACK OF ATC'S

Title (What ever you want to name it)
Created by (Can be your login name or your real name or both)
Date (The date you made it)
Info (What I put here is what swap it belongs to, eg POD challenge Atc Swap)
E-mail (You don't have to include this if you don't want to)
No ... of .... (eg 1 of 10, 2 of 10, 3 of 10, etc..)

If you can include the town,state,village of where you live on the ATC that would be great, back or front!!!

POSTAGE
Because this swap is an International swap, I have found out (thanks Mr.Google) that US players can purchase an International Reply Coupon(IRCs) from their post office and I can then exchange it for UK stamps to post the swaps! If you can include an IRC (one should be enough) it would be appreciated, if not don't worry I will cover the cost! I will spread out the sending back of ATCs so it dosn't cost ££££ in one go!

The timeline will depend on how many sign ups - eg 10 sign-ups I was thinking about a month.

Just thought it might be fun, and a nice way of remembering all the odd/even/loonies/good and bad children on the challenge!

If you are interested sign up here I will keep it open for a week and then we can get started in making the ATCs!

Don't know what an ATC is?? Click on the following links

Art in your pocket
Artist Trading Cards
ATC

A gallery of ATC's

I am sorry if this isn't explained properly, I'm not very good with words and find it hard to explain myself sometimes. Point out something you don't understand and I will try again.
If help is needed I will be happy to help!

All you have to do is SIGN UP FOR THE SWAP! If at anytime you don't want to play anymore that is fine, just PM me so I can remove your name from the list!

This link will be in my signature!

Players
1. Helena - received - swapped
2. NJStampinMom - received - swapped
3. JaniceMO - received - Swapped
4. Twilatf - received
5. Vawm - received - Swapped
6. Kellmorris - received - swapped
7. Lisa E - received
8. KimBinAK - rececived - Swapped
9. Okispice - received - Swapped
10. Mnsaint - received - Swapped
11. 3jmom - received - Swapped
12. Got2bme - received - Swapped
13. Tracey - received - swapped

PLEASE DON'T POST YOUR ATC UNTIL ALL SWAPS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO!!!!

Edited by Helena Philips on 04-27-08 02:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

NJStampinMom
Governor
NJStampinMom
In response to Helena Philips

YES!!! MMMEEEE!!!! I love this idea and I think it will be FABULOUS!

I joined a similar group when I first started sb.com and still have the photo cards the ladies shared on my craft board. I'd LOVE to have all your beautiful faces to look at and enjoy too!!!

Also, thanks so much Helena 1) for doing this and 2) for asking me first - it was so sweet of you to inquire if it was OK to post on "my thread". Heck, it's not MY thread - it's ALL OF OURS! Feels like home doesn't it??

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee
In response to NJStampinMom

I'll give it a try, never made on before. Should be something I could do. Did you want the envelopes to be stamped? Should we include a little extra for postage?

JaniceMO
Queen
JaniceMO
In response to KristaDee

I have never done atc before but I am willing to try.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to KristaDee

• KristaDee Said:
I'll give it a try, never made on before. Should be something I could do. Did you want the envelopes to be stamped? Should we include a little extra for postage?

Thanks for the interest, ATCs are quite easy to make, and they can become addictive, you can make them as easy (The RAKs that I made) or as difficult as you want!

Okay I have been googling to find out about this!

What I found is that you can purchase an International Reply Coupon (IRC), which I then can exchange for UK stamps to send your ATC's back to u! If the cost is any higher than the coupon don't worry I will pay for that! If you can't find an IRC, I will pay for the postage, but it will mean I will have to spread out the sending of ATCs, as it would be easier on my pocket instead of sending them all in one go!!! Is that okay?

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to NJStampinMom

• NJStampinMom Said:
YES!!! MMMEEEE!!!! I love this idea and I think it will be FABULOUS!

I joined a similar group when I first started sb.com and still have the photo cards the ladies shared on my craft board. I'd LOVE to have all your beautiful faces to look at and enjoy too!!!

Also, thanks so much Helena 1) for doing this and 2) for asking me first - it was so sweet of you to inquire if it was OK to post on "my thread". Heck, it's not MY thread - it's ALL OF OURS! Feels like home doesn't it??

Oh thanks for joining, I'm a bit nervous that no one will want to play!!!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to JaniceMO

• JaniceMO Said:
I have never done atc before but I am willing to try.

Oh thanks for joining!

It's the first one that is the hardest comming up with the layout and once you made the first one all the others will be simple peasy, as you just follow the layout that you have done on the first one!

KristaDee
Queen
KristaDee

• Helena Philips Said:
  • KristaDee Said:

Thanks for the interest, ATCs are quite easy to make, and they can become addictive, you can make them as easy (The RAKs that I made) or as difficult as you want!

Okay I have been goggling to find out about this!

What I found is that you can purchase an International Reply Coupon (IRC), which I then can exchange for UK stamps to send your ATC's back to u! If the cost is any higher than the coupon don't worry I will pay for that! If you can't find an IRC, I will pay for the postage, but it will mean I will have to spread out the sending of ATCs, as it would be easier on my pocket instead of sending them all in one go!!! Is that okay?

Sounds good to me - I'll see what our post office can do.

twilatf
Governor
twilatf
In response to KristaDee

I would like to do this. The card itself is this measurement right? 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Is that the size you used in the one you put your picture on?

vawm
vawm 
Governor
vawm
  • vawm on 01-13-08 08:38 PM
In response to twilatf

I will play along! And you all wondered what I was dreaming of in Purple!?!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to twilatf

• twilatf Said:
I would like to do this. The card itself is this measurement right? 2.5 x 3.5 inches. Is that the size you used in the one you put your picture on?

Thats exactly right!!!!!

Thank you for playing!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to vawm

• vawm Said:
I will play along! And you all wondered what I was dreaming of in Purple!?!

Thanks for playing!

I haven't popped into the POD thread yet, so I am still wondering! LOL Will check it out later today!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Hi Helena, better include me as you were looking for the loonies to join!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Kellmorris

• Kellmorris Said:
Hi Helena, better include me as you were looking for the loonies to join!!!

Oh its great to have you on board!!!!

Lisa E.
Guru
Lisa E.

IS it too late? I've never made an ATC, but would LOVE to do so! What a great way to remember our good times.

We need one for GJ and Sven.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

I think this is a wonderful idea, Helena, but it looks like I'm too late to sign up ! Maybe we can do this again in the future?

Have fun, everyone - kimB

okispice
Mayor
okispice
In response to kimBinAK

I really want to play if time will allow me. When do we start? Or am I too late already? How do we know how many to make?

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Lisa E.

• Lisa E. Said:
IS it too late? I've never made an ATC, but would LOVE to do so! What a great way to remember our good times.

We need one for GJ and Sven.

Hi Lisa E, Thats what I thought, that I would love some kind of memory of all the fun and the fantastic people that I have met through this challenge, and an ATC is small and personal to the person who made it, which makes it all the more specail!!!

Thanks for playing!!

And what a fab idea of having one of Sven and GJ!! Will have to ask Erjaan and Susanne how they would like to do this!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to kimBinAK

• kimBinAK Said:
I think this is a wonderful idea, Helena, but it looks like I'm too late to sign up ! Maybe we can do this again in the future?

Have fun, everyone - kimB

Hi Kim,

Nope your not too late, if you still would like to play!!

Would love to have you play!!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to okispice

• okispice Said:
I really want to play if time will allow me. When do we start? Or am I too late already? How do we know how many to make?

I would love you to play too!!! Well you can start anytime you want, if you want to get the ATC made, then you just have to copy it for each person who joins!!!

I will announce how many players there will be, but I have been adding people to the first post as they join, so you could always keep an eye on that!!!

Page 1 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics