Username Post: favorite yarn        (Topic#1448691)
Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

what is your favorite kind of yarn to use? does it vary with projects?

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Lamoo12

It depends on what I am working on but I really love Paton's yarns.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to TonyaB

I am too new to have much of an opinion on this one. I do know that the afghan I am working on called for a smaller yarn and it is driving me nuts- I really wished I had used something thicker for my first one. It is taking me forever to finish it.

I look forward to hearing everyone's yarn recommendations...

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-20-08 09:48 PM
In response to KellyLeigh

I am a bit of a fiber addict!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to ScrappinPassion

I love Rowan yarns. I have had tons of fun with mohair too.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to Nancy Keslin

my addiction to yarn is very much like that of paper... I don't discriminate. LOL! I love most of it!

there are some of the really fancy specialty yarns that I don't particularly care for but most of it I just love. Especially just good old regular worsted weight yarn... Caron, Red Heart, etc. They are good for just about everything and with a good pattern and color scheme, pretty much anything is possible with those classics.

And, they come in about 2 tons of colors... which I, of course, love.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Nancy Keslin

• homesclscrapper Said:
I love Rowan yarns. I have had tons of fun with mohair too.

I bought some of the Rowan yarn and loved it but now have a hard time finding it.

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-07-08 10:07 PM
In response to Lamoo12

I love the lion brand yarn, especially the jiffy mohair look and feel yarn. its so soft and easy to crochet with. i am a beginner, just really learning how to crochet last march, and this yarn just glided through my fingers! i've made a blanket for my daughter and am now making a scarf with it.

Diva
In response to Autmn

It really varies. I prefer to work with wool, or wool blends, because I adore felting and like to be able to do that after I'm finished.

I have a friend that spins and dyes her own yarns, and I always end up with balls from her, so that's what I use -- I rarely BUY any commercial yarns. No need, when I can have ones that occasionally she has even sheared herself!

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-12-08 11:35 PM
In response to PookasCrayon

you are so lucky! i once went to a specialty yarn store with my MIL and those types of yarns were like 25 bucks a skein!

Diva
In response to Autmn

Definitely lucky! The last time she visited, she had two BOXES of leftovers in her trunk that she brought for me. They were all balls remaining from her own knitting projects, and while there isn't enough of any single ball to really make something big, there's more than enough different ones that coordinate to put together for things like nifty scarves, and even my kids both got a huge selection.

Ladybug320
Expert
Ladybug320

I love all yarns....but Paton's yarns is one of my favorites....

Diva
In response to Ladybug320

The Moda Dea Dream yarn is just yummy, both to work with and to wear. Uber soft.

ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03

No particular brand really... but I have been into the tweed ones for the last scarves I made.

Diva
In response to ScrapperKate03

Has anyone used the Bohemian yarn on anything? It's really, really soft and squishy, beyond the squish of normal chenille yarn, and I was wondering how it held up when worked.

Diva

Picked up the Bohemian anyway, so I'll let you guys know how it works up when I finish with the second shawl I'm currently on.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee

It depends on the project I am working on. For hats, I like to use the Woolese brand. It really holds up well washing after washing, and it helps keep the little ones warm.

sugarcrystalz
Diva
sugarcrystalz
In response to Tia Hokee

I use wool for everything. I've been using mostly the Patons and Lion Brand cheap wool, but I'm getting into the better quality Purewool, and will soon be moving into the high quality stuff.

orion9
orion9 
Tenant
orion9
In response to sugarcrystalz

Love Paton's yarns...and Lion Wool Ease...for just pick it up close by Bernats...it's soft..

Any eyelash yarn for the doll sweaters...the fancier the better.

6PackScrapper
Veteran
6PackScrapper
In response to orion9

Great bag holders for yarn are available at sb.com!

Edited by 6PackScrapper on 07-15-09 10:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to 6PackScrapper

Choice varies with the stuff i want to make and how fine i want to make it.

I love Paton and Rowan yarn but pretty much use everything.

I can fall for any beautiful color anytime, of any quality and any make.

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps
In response to miyapauli

i love to work with the "I love this yarn" thats what it's called . It's so easy to work with and so managable. They only sell it at Hobby Lobby. It's exclusive, theyre the only ones that carry it. I've made tons of shawls and aphgans , caps , etc. with it. It is my favorite. i won't use any other yarn ever!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics