Username Post: help for a cover of a scrapbook        (Topic#1449359)
New Kid On the Block

I'm new to scrapbooking and I'm wanting to make a scrapbook for my baby I'm gonna have soon. But I want to make it extra special so I don't want to go buy a scrapbook that is already made so I was wondering if anybody can give me some ideas on what to use for a book. I was thinking a binder but maybe there is something better out there. I really would like your help. Thanks.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to myangels

There are scrapbooking albums you can buy and alter the covers. American Crafts has some nice ones, I've used them and love them.

Edited by Here Kitty on 01-22-08 11:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

Thank you so much. What other things do you think I should buy to make the scrapbook look very nice and special.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to myangels

For the cover or for the scrapbook pages as well?
There are SO MANY products, I advise you to look through the gallery and see what you like and go from there

Scrap FanAddict
Veteran
Scrap FanAddict
In response to Here Kitty

some of the LSS and hobby stores have plain albums in lots of different colors that can easily be decorated to fit what you want!!! you can jazz them up with puff paints or if they are smooth enough you could just buy a black or white one and decopage it with some of your favorite papers... if you do this though make sure you seal it well so it will last through many viewings!! you can add ribbon and brads and flowers to the outside and even the baby's name if you like. maybe the birth date.. ect.... these albums come in 8x8 and 12x12... and usually have the page protectors included...

GL and happy scrapping

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Scrap FanAddict

you can get some mat board (the kind they use for photos) and do a collage on the cover for the baby (name, photos, cut outs from mags, whatever) and do mod podge over the whole cover inside and out to make it tough, then use a bind it all when all the pages are done to put it together into a book. I'm doing something similar to this for my mom if I can ever get my act together. I'm using 6x6 page protectors and punching them with the bind it all also so they'll all match up pretty. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

GinaAlyshia
Pro
GinaAlyshia
In response to Seaexplore

i made one for a friends baby shower and i used batting and then covered it with a piece cut from a baby blanket...it turned out really cute

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics