Username Post: Large Scrapbooks        (Topic#1449747)
PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 01-24-08 04:45 PM

I have just about finished my first scrapbook. It's a big one. 43 pages of my trip to Ireland. I have a Pioneer scrapbook, a nice linen (green) of course with a place for picture on the front. It holds about 20 pages. I went online for extension posts and found a place that sells mostly Pioneer stuff. They have a new "thing" a spring load adapter for replacing the posts. Has anyone used this new item at all????
I sent for one and some extension posts. Has anyone made a scrapbook this large or close to it before. I hate to break it up into 2 books. Every time I think I am done....another "page" pops into my mind. LOL
with over 600 photos from the trip hard to pick the best but I did good.
I also love the graphix clear adhesive back paper to make your own stickers. Works great with doing the titles and information/journal stuff with your computer programs.
When it's done, by the end of this week...I am going to re-photograph all the pages and post them in my gallery.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 01-24-08 05:14 PM
In response to PatiB

My only 'completed' album is 68 page protectors (mostly single sided, but several doubles). I use the Colorbok albums, and the additional posts hold really good. I'd like to know how the Pioneer ones work for you.
If some of your pages are thick (lots of thicker embellis), you may want to put in the spacers. I made my own from the foamy sheets at M's.
Love your LO's from Ireland! We're trying to talk dad into taking mom there this year( we're Irish on her side). I even gave her an Ireland tourist book for Christmas!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Tivi

i used a leather covered on from costco and put in strap bindings from Pioneer . my book was I think 30 or so double sided pages (so, 30 protectors) and it's pretty thick and stays together and doesn't fall over. i have another album that's easily 100 pages and it falls over all the time- i have to store it on edge because of this- it's totally unstable.

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 01-25-08 07:21 AM
In response to Seaexplore

Thanks for all the information, my pages are one sided they are a bit thick with "stuff". I think they stay flat better that way. I expect the Pioneer stuff to be here in a week or so. 100 pages wow. I don't feel so bad, I could make another 10 pages easily with this scrapbook.

Tivi, what kind of trip do they want to take. This was my second trip there. We went 13 days with CEI tours, they are wonderful. The Irish Tradition was the tour. It went in a complete circle around the country so you saw many different places and even went up to Derry and Belfast for a day. All was taken care of which is nice. I recommend a tour like this for a first time traveler and for anyone who is older. The driving there is pretty hard lots of narrow roads and tons of traffic on some of the roads.

Good luck they will love it there. I want to go back again LOL

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 01-25-08 07:31 AM
In response to PatiB

Well, mom wants to see her family's home area (brain freeze - can't think of the name). Dad will probably want to play golf. They're in their late 60's, but both are very active (tennis and golf at least 4 times each week for both). We'd rather they took an organized tour - leave the driving and security issues to someone else. I'll pass the tour company name on to mom. She's still going thru the book I gave her figuring out what else she wants to see, and if she wants to stop in London for a couple of days. I'm hoping that another couple (good friends from their college days) will go with them. That couple will be here in a couple weeks, so hopefully they will make plans!
TFS!
ETA: Narrow roads & traffic don't really bother us. We're originally from West Virginia - really narrow roads with un-maintained coal trucks flying around the curves! It's the driving on the other side of the road(?) and staying on the well-beaten path that concerns me. Dad likes to take "short cuts"!

Edited by Tivi on 01-25-08 07:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Tivi

I have decided after attempts at having 40 protectors, that 30 is plenty but if you don't want to split the book just take care with it and make it as strong as you can.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to DivaDana

And I thought my 20 page protectors was too many. Thanks for the info!

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 01-28-08 07:47 AM
In response to MomWolf

I sent for extension posts and the slide thingy. I did put all the pages, now 45 in one album double sided, which is the way it will stay. Just going to add the extenders when they come. I photographed all of them and they are in my Irish Scrapbook album. So far I am very happy with it.

MomWolf
Idol
MomWolf
In response to PatiB

I wonder if they would work with any post album.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to PatiB

after a few attempts at making mega-books, I split them into smaller books.
for what it's worth...I attached the largest 12 x 12 binder I could find, d-rings

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I have several really big books! I am like you, I don't want to break it up.
I just keep adding extenders!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Richelle

I love the Pioneer snap n load system. I have changed most of the albums (no matter what brand) to this system. I generally have 40 page protectors , which is 80 pages per album and find it is fine.

The important part is the spacers, you need enough of them to space out the pages, especially if they are bulky. I have one spacer every 2-3 pages.

HTH!
Products Referenced in This Post:

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I have a album with about 100 pages in it. I only use the Scrapworks box albums. No problems with them holding what you need.

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 02-04-08 06:51 AM
In response to NoirCat

Well I used the extension posts and it worked out well. I tried to figure out the snap lock system. For some reason the directions were not helpful and not good pics of how to do it. I gave up after a couple of hours trying and did the posts LOL Maybe someone can make the slide thing work, take pics of every part of it and post it with clear directions. hint, hint LOLLOL Waiting now for some stuff from here to come so I can start my "Mom" book for my late mother. Then I sent for (from another source) Red Hat stuff, I am hosting with another lady in my RH group who scrapbooks a Red Hat scrapbook night, for nominal fee, for the stuff we will work on our group scrapbook, everyone bring a few photos that we can crop and put in the album. It's in April and should be fun. Anyone else here ever did a Red hat book?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics