Page 1 of 171 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #47 - More Laughs than there are Snowflakes!        (Topic#1449795)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

What is this thread about? Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other. It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage! CLICK HERE

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get. WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer. Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Only got a second, just wanted to tell you about my horrible experience.

Placed TWO online orders, right? One from Frugalities and one from here. The Frugalities I paid extra for 2-3 day "rush" shipping so that the items I ordered from there would BE here when the order from here came, so I could work on my BoBunny book.

Get this mess. Not only did I NOT receive any kind of email confirmation from Frugalities, I had to check THEIR site to find out anything ABOUT my order, but it is now the 3rd day, and when I should be waiting for a package, they are just now picking it from the shelves!!! And that's RUSH shipping!!!

My order here? I ordered only a few hours before I ordered from Frugalities, and I only paid for standard shipping. And you know what? I got email confirmation right away, several of them in fact, AND I got a confirmation just yesterday saying it had already been shipped! I should receive it tomorrow or Saturday. (I'd like for everything to be here today or tomorrow so I can play on my weekend off, but such is life.)

Moral of the story: Order from HERE and noplace else. Shipping was less than $7 here for standard, already-in-the-mail-to-me shipping, and I paid $12-something for Frugalities to fool around with my stuff. Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper and I sent them an email telling them so.

I have to go get Lizzie now, and go grocery shop-it, I'll be back shortly.

Just stay here this weekend and "play" with us!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Fun "getting to know you" exercise of the day:

Post something that you want to do, but have not told anybody before. It doesn't have to be big, extravagant, or exciting.

Hmmm???? Pick just one?

I would like to float in a glider to get the feeling of what it must be like to soar like a hawk.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
Fun "getting to know you" exercise of the day:

Post something that you want to do, but have not told anybody before. It doesn't have to be big, extravagant, or exciting.

I would like to return to school and become a dental hygienist.

That is what I originally wanted to go to school for.

That IS what I originally went to school for!!!

Amazing how life's changes got in the way - took me down some paths that I may not want to re-walk... but eventually got me to a wonderful place that I wouldn't trade for anything!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Warning TMI post:

I have had my period 3 times in the last 5 weeks. I thought the second time was a fluke and didn't worry about it, but now that I have it a 3rd time I know something is not right.

I can't get an appointment for 3 weeks!

Hope it is nothing! Eat raisins and spinach, etc ! Keep your iron up! And let us know hwo you make out with your appointment.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• c-leaper Said:
Aunt Heather called Kim about 20 minutes ago.

Grandpa Hall (who raised ED) passed away about 1:30 this afternoon local time.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning. off to catch up.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

What a fool am I? I actually thought I would catch up? Do I not know that I don't have time? But I really WANT to catch up! Oh the injustice of life!!!

Gotta go.

Hugs to those that need em.
Prayers for those that need em.
Laughs, smiles, and pats on the back to those that need em.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Texas Suzie Said:
Today, I got my parents on the hospital's insurance. For the first time in 24 years, my parents will only have copays instead of nightmares. This alone, telling my daddy to no longer worry about the bottomless pit of debt he was accruing, this made me cry happiness and feel like dancing. (Picture Blues Brothers in the dancing chapel scene. I was Jake inside. ) I restrained myself enough to only the hug the social worker's neck.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• NMlady Said:
Oh darn, Elizabeth has gone off to bed. Well maybe she will see this in the morning. I was wondering about sleep issues in teens. Is sleep apena always accompanied by bad snoring? My bff's hubby was diagnosed a couple years ago and I know that even as a teen he snored so very horribly. My DD doesn't snore but she is always tired and I was wondering if it might be sleep apnea. Then again I wonder if the prozac causes it. It's affecting school and was a problem even before she started working.

Joy, no sleep apnea is not always accompanied by loud snoring. So it is a possibility. But in kids, it usually has more to do with tonsils and adenoids not being removed. There also are other sleep disorders like narcolepsy to consider. How old is your daughter? Is she overweight?
Sleepiness is a side affect of Prozac, but if it is bad enough it is interfering with her life, then maybe there are other drugs to consider.
I would definately talk to the doctor about it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

another of my frustrating days...my younger two spend every other week with me, and the opposite week with their dad and big sister. They switch on Fridays. Leave for school from here...go home to there.
So on the Friday they leave, I feel like I should make sure I am up and around to see them.
Not sure why. dd does not emerge from her room until it is time to run to the bus. ds is in the bathroom until it is time to leave, showering and primping...it's too much hassle for him to make it to the bus so he walks the mile and a half. he stayed long enough to peel an orange to eat, got too text messages in that time, and got mad when I asked him a question.
And people wonder why I wanted a dog!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Years ago I had a really nice film camera and set of lenses. Photography was a hobby of mine. I even did my own B&W developing. I took some classes and I really enjoyed it.

Then along came real life.... I no longer had time for my hobbies. I sold my equipment. I eventually pikced up a point & shoot digital camera and it does a great job taking photos - at least as great as I do at prepping the shot to be photographed!! LOL

I've been wanting to get back to actually playing with photography again. So I've been saving. And I've been researching.

I finally got to a point that I could do something about it. I had gotten a small bonus from work of gift certs last year and again this year. I saved them. Along with the other $$ I put away.... and I had just about enough. Then DH and I talked about it and decided to put out the rest of the dough....

Last night I ordered my new camera!!! Should be in sometime next week. Can't wait to play!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
another of my frustrating days...my younger two spend every other week with me, and the opposite week with their dad and big sister. They switch on Fridays. Leave for school from here...go home to there.
So on the Friday they leave, I feel like I should make sure I am up and around to see them.
Not sure why. dd does not emerge from her room until it is time to run to the bus. ds is in the bathroom until it is time to leave, showering and primping...it's too much hassle for him to make it to the bus so he walks the mile and a half. he stayed long enough to peel an orange to eat, got too text messages in that time, and got mad when I asked him a question.
And people wonder why I wanted a dog!!!!

But I (we) also know why you want to have those few precious moments with the kids too!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
Years ago I had a really nice film camera and set of lenses. Photography was a hobby of mine. I even did my own B&W developing. I took some classes and I really enjoyed it.

Then along came real life.... I no longer had time for my hobbies. I sold my equipment. I eventually pikced up a point & shoot digital camera and it does a great job taking photos - at least as great as I do at prepping the shot to be photographed!! LOL

I've been wanting to get back to actually playing with photography again. So I've been saving. And I've been researching.

I finally got to a point that I could do something about it. I had gotten a small bonus from work of gift certs last year and again this year. I saved them. Along with the other $$ I put away.... and I had just about enough. Then DH and I talked about it and decided to put out the rest of the dough....

Last night I ordered my new camera!!! Should be in sometime next week. Can't wait to play!!

Woohoo!! What camera?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

and he just walked out the door without so much as a word to me, even though I am sitting right here.
Yet I am expected to go spend a whole day sitting on hard bleachers waiting for him to swim his two events. Because that's just what mom's do.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
and he just walked out the door without so much as a word to me, even though I am sitting right here.
Yet I am expected to go spend a whole day sitting on hard bleachers waiting for him to swim his two events. Because that's just what mom's do.

[[]]

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

GREAT NEWS!! Hershey is taking those offensive mint packs off the market!!

Hershey story

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Woohoo!! What camera?

I ended up going with the Nikon D300.

Have any thoughts/experience on this?

Page 1 of 171 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics