Username Post: Annie's Attic        (Topic#1449855)
Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

Anyone check out their free crochet pattern of the day? I usually look...sometimes I save it...

Gotta tell you, tho. I laughed at it the other day. I have never in my life been tempted to crochet curtains...

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I do look sometimes and I tried to crochet curtains but after pulling them apart for the 5th time I gave up.

Yackley
Veteran
Yackley
In response to TonyaB

hmmmm crochet curtains..... that would be interesting....

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Yackley

I love the look of them and I may try again now that I've been crocheting long than when I first tried.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to TonyaB

Megan, you crochet? Awesome!

Love Annie's Attic. As a result of this new board, I went to buy a leaflet I'd been eying. It was no longer available on Annie's Attic site so I bought it off Ebay.

I have an Annie's Attic book that has one of those bedspreads, not made from thread (wow that would take me forEVER to make) but from thin yarn. I still wanna one day make one of those, even though it'll probably end up kicked on the floor all the time (if it's on our bed, LOL!).

I grew up in Texas, and Annie's Attic used to be located in Big Sandy, TX (I think they moved? The site says Indiana now but don't know if they kept the TX location). I used to daydream of taking a road trip there but I never did (I also dreamt of going to Blue Bell's Ice Creamery & James Avery's workshop, all in middle TX, never did those either!).

I love that this new board has reawakened my interest in crochet! Now if only I could stop scrapping long enough to actually DO it...

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to blushpea

OMGosh! Annies Attic! 20 some years ago, I purchased the patterns for all the booties that looked like shoes from them... The roller skates were everyone's favorites! I used to make them Pink with either white, black or light grey wheels. I'll have to look for those patterns and make some more. Wish I'd remembered when my grandbabies were smaller!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Gramma3x!!

I used to order from Annies Attic all the time!! Love their crazy slipper patterns!!

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428
In response to Shutterbugg

I have a bunch of Annie's Attic patterns. I used to order from them all the time. Another one I use is Herrschner's. They don't have too much in the way of patterns but you can get all your supplies.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 07-29-08 06:36 AM
In response to Tracy428

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/inde x.html

Since when do you knit and purl in crochet?? Anyone notice that???

GrammaScrapper
Idol
GrammaScrapper
In response to Bran

Well thanks for the tip. I never heard of Annies Attic til you guys. I havent crocheted since all my grandkids were babies...you inspired me to dig out my hooks and scrap yarn etc. Now....not only am I addicted to scrapping but I crochet when not scrapping. I no longer have time for housework...dang.

lottiepops
Pro
lottiepops
In response to GrammaScrapper

Thanks for the link, I just picked up my hooks again after a few years to make some amigurumi.

zbelly_32
Veteran
zbelly_32
In response to lottiepops

I have been using a double crochet hook and the book I used to learn was Annie's attic

kjginga
Veteran
kjginga
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I went to Annie's Attic but couldn't find a link for the Crochet Pattern of the Day. Help?

Thanks!

Kathy :-}

GaMtnScrap
Veteran
GaMtnScrap
In response to kjginga

• kjginga Said:
I went to Annie's Attic but couldn't find a link for the Crochet Pattern of the Day. Help?

Thanks!

Kathy :-}

Annie's Attic no longer does the free pattern of the day. The previous posts were from a couple of years ago when they did. I miss that feature, too, I got a ton of patterns like that! But, if you're looking for free patterns, try ravelry.com or freepatterns.com. I get most of mine though from the various yarn company websites like Redheart.com, Lionbrand.com, bernat.com, and sugarncream.com.

Hope this helps!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics