Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Flower storage ?        (Topic#1449957)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-26-08 02:13 PM

For Prima lovers, like me, do you separate your flowers and/or take them out of their original containers for storage? do you sort/store them by colors?

Right now, I just keep them on my shelf, as they came, but I've seen a bunch of ideas where people are separating them. Please share!
Products Referenced in This Post:

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to Huskymom

I separate them into my drawer set I got from IKEA..it is in my gallery. I think it is easier if sorted by color. JMO

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Huskymom

I have my embellishments (Primas included) in my scraprack. There are color sections in it. I have pics in my gallery if you want to look. It takes me seconds to see what embellishments I have in any given color I want to use. I love this unit.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Sunnydi

My Primas I do not sort. (But then I only have one jar of Primas.) All my other flowers, like the Target ones, and other flowers, I sort by color and keep (in rainbow order) in stacking jars from HL. (25 pack for about $6.) I also use these to store the brads, buttons, and blingy gems that I use for the flowers, and keep them all together.

All my other embellies are in divided boxes. Snaps, eyelets, and brads are divided into boxes and arranged in order of the rainbow. Other embellies are divided up and in divided boxes. (I'm thinking of further breaking it down and having one box for MM and one box for other embellies.)

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to BlingQueenRia

My primas are all in the original bottles they came in. They look very pretty sitting on my shelf. There is a pic in my gallery.

raymondmom
Idol
raymondmom
In response to Nancy Keslin

Most of my flowers are in bottles on shelves. I am sorting some and putting them in plastic flat divided cases to take to long crops, and weekend long events.

Flower Storage
By Raymondmom

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to raymondmom

I used to have mine in the original bottles. However, I found I was moving a lot and it just wasn't working for me. They look pretty...just not as functional as I wanted. I ended up going for flat boxes like Raymondmom. Except, I have all my ebellies in them by color. So one box will have all my red flowers, buttons, brads, eyelets, paper clips... and what not. Then another box has all the blue and on and on. That way they are easier to take to crops. I can also pick what color for a crop (If I am doing mostly layouts that need a certain color rather than taking all colors) and then I can see all my embellies at once so I KNOW I don't need more. I am trying to get myself to recognize that I can use a yellow eyelet I have instead of buying a yellow brad or things like that.

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to riorabbit

I sorted mine by color and put them in plastic baggies. I got one on those clear shoe organizers that you hang over the door and use that to hold the baggies.

I just finished reorganizing the scrap room and will be taking photos later today, so I'll post a pic a little later.

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to Huskymom

I sort mine by color, and keep them in altered Frapp bottles

Altered Frapp bottles
By Marine-wife

Altered Frapp bottles By Marine-wife

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to Huskymom

Oh and for my larger flowers- like Heidi Swapp and Bazzill Blings I have them all in a plastic paint can that I got from my LSS

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to marine-wife

• marine-wife Said:
I sort mine by color, and keep them in altered Frapp bottles

Altered Frapp bottles
By Marine-wife

Altered Frapp bottles By Marine-wife

Now THAT is a great idea, and a great reason to buy all those fraps! "But honey, I bought the bottles to store my flowers in. Not my fault they put coffee in them! I have to drink the coffee before I can wash and use the bottles! It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!"

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to BlingQueenRia

Thats exactly why I bought them

I bought a case at Sams for like $15.00. Told DH its cheaper then a daily run to Starbucks and I could reuse the bottles. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes

eta: this was during my not allowed to buy any sb'ing things time. So I had to improvise. I bought them for the coffee, the flower storage was just an added bonus LOL. DH said I was very clever

Edited by marine-wife on 01-27-08 11:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to marine-wife

I am doing the same thing with my frap bottles! I only have 2 saved up because I forgot to tell Nick I needed them and he threw them away, and I need more flowers for them to be functional, but...hey, it's a start!

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae
In response to Her Royal Awesomeness

I keep mine in the original bottles that they come in. For me, I like to look at them the way they come cause they are so pretty

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-27-08 02:46 PM
In response to alarae

I sort all my other embellishments by color, but just can't seem to take apart my Prima bottles

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps
In response to Huskymom

I'm the same way, Deb. I leave my prima flowers in their pretty bottles, but the rest of my flowers are in one of the drawers of my target cubes, separated by color.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-27-08 03:18 PM
In response to doriscraps

OK; maybe that's what I will do, leave my primas in the bottles and put the rest; Heidi Swapp ones, etc. in a container by colors thanks for all the great ideas, ladies!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to Huskymom

I use the Making Memories jars. I bought them on sale when my LSS was going out of business.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-27-08 04:26 PM
In response to ScrappinChic25

• ScrappinChic25 Said:
I use the Making Memories jars. I bought them on sale when my LSS was going out of business.

Mariah, do you sort them differently than how they come?

scrappyJedi
Idol
scrappyJedi
In response to Huskymom

Here are a couple of photos of my Prima storage...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics