Username Post: Computer Die Cut Machines        (Topic#1450301)
New Kid On the Block

Was just wanting to get some opinions about computer aided die cut machines like the Wishblade , etc. I have QuicKutz and sizzix, but I would like a computer assisted one and wanted some opinions about the different ones and what I should buy...thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by vanna8896 on 01-29-08 07:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to vanna8896

There is lots of discussion about this in the Wishblade forum. You may want to check that out. I have a CraftRobo (same machine as the Wishblade ) and I love it. I can cut anything I can put on my computer as far as pictures, lettering, stencils, etc. I researched my machine quite well versus a cricut and by far I think the CraftRobo is the better choice. It has a bigger upfront cost, but you don't need to buy new cartridges everytime you want to change fonts. Now with the new cricut expression, as far as I can tell, this one will not need cartridges and you can use fonts on your computer. The advantage of the new cricut is that it will cut up to 12" (so I've heard - not 100% sure about this tho).

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to cat_woman

I have a craftrobo too and it's brillinat!!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have a KNK Element and I love it!

msatterf
Pro
msatterf
In response to CatScrapsHere

I have the Silhouette and I love that, I also have the cricut and do not like it as much as my Silhouette.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to msatterf

I have the Craft Robo Pro and love it. I researched die cut machines for the past 2 years seriously and this was the machine that we (my DH and I) decided would best suit what I wanted to use it for. It may not be the choice for everyone but it was the perfect choice for me.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Shutterbugg

I have a Wishblade and have been quite happy.

check out the forums at paperthreads.com. They have a great comparison chart for all of the electronic cutters.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Nancy Keslin

this is the best article that helped me decide what I wanted! really good!

http://www.thelittlescrapshop.com/blog/?p=175

MissScrapsAlot
Mayor
MissScrapsAlot
In response to tinacome

I would have to say Craft Robo. I have one and have been working on learning everything I can do with it lately. It is really a great machine. For me it has taken me a bit to learn everything I can do and how I can do it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have a craft robo pro and I am having so many problems with it. It isn't cutting anything, not even paer or thin vinyl. The people I bought it from are no help... Can anyone help me with this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to justmar

You can also find an interesting article at
http://designingwithdiecu ts.com/learning-center/die-c ut...

It talks about the different types of machines and thier functions..

Hope this helps. Research is your best option. I started with the xyron PCS then I got the Craft Robo and finally ended up with the KNK because I wanted the extra pressure.. I love my KNK and can say I am very happy with it.

New Kid On the Block
In response to cardiologycreations

Tina,

Thanks for your response. The thing is, we read what it does and the specs but it isn't doing any of it. I don't know what the problem is. Now the people I bought it from say I need a special blade to cut cardstock. I am hestiatant to buy it when the current blade isn't cutting anything, even thin vinyl. I am just not sure what to do from here. Do you know how the craft robo pro works, or does anyone out there, so we can determine if this thing is a lemon or if it is just the blade...It hasn't ever cut anything. We have been calling the people we bought it from for the last 6 months and getting nowehre...HELP!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics