Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbook.com Superstore        (Topic#1450451)
Scroppin
Veteran
Scroppin

I have only been at this site for 3 weeks, but I've noticed while browsing the Superstore that a LOT of items are unavailable or almost sold out. Is it always this way?

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to Scroppin

I don't think so, but many, (well most) of us all want the same thing. For example, I like die cut paper, and it is because many of my favorites have used the paper, and I think we all have some of the same taste in LOs. So there you go...the store does restock quickly.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to laurbernet

When things first come into the store there is often a mad rush. After a while tho things even out and stuff doesn't go out of stock quite as often or stay out quite as long.

I think a lot has to do with manufacturers...they only ship so much at a time or only manufacture one run of a line of paper....so when it is gone it is gone. Kinda creates a false sense of urgency, so everyone rushes to purchase a product, just in case they can't get it later.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to Scroppin

• Scroppin Said:
I have only been at this site for 3 weeks, but I've noticed while browsing the Superstore that a LOT of items are unavailable or almost sold out. Is it always this way?

Yes. Each time I planned to place an order, so many of the items I wanted were out of stock that I chose not to order at all. It's been like this since I joined last August.

Also, I've noticed that a lot of clearance items have a note saying that they are out, but more is expected soon. If they are clearanced, I doubt that more will be coming in, but I could be wrong.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to melissa_1959

I have been a little disappointed by this as well :(. However, on a positive note I do love that they will e-mail you when something you have your eye on comes back in stock to save you from having to keep checking!

on_the_plains
Expert
on_the_plains
In response to luv2scrap:)

Maybe things are not available due to the new lines coming out this spring?

jeni0071
Pro
jeni0071
In response to on_the_plains

I have encountered this since I joined...have yet to place an order. There has never been a time when even most of what I want is available, and hate to place multiple orders and pay shipping several times. I guess the demand is too high or something...??

PatiB
PatiB 
Pro
PatiB
  • PatiB on 02-02-08 10:37 AM
In response to jeni0071

I noticed the lack of stuff. In particular travel stuff and Red Hat stuff. I did just send for the Daisy D, Mother stuff and most of it was in stock. I would like to see more variety in items. I hope when the new lines come out there will be more stuff.

I would like to support the store. I also buy from Michaels and AC Moore and even Target. I got the most lovely hand made papers at Target.

tanyanfca
Expert
tanyanfca
In response to PatiB

I've noticed it, and shipping is very expensive to canada!

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to tanyanfca

Me too ... I don't mind paying the shipping but it's too much to pay for multiple orders. Most of the things I wanted weren't in stock but the wonderful email notification told me when it was. In the end, I didn't order b/c so much of it wasn't available.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-09-08 05:39 PM
In response to peenut_23

I noticed this too. And I was sad. But I clicked on the email notification so I know when stuff do arrive. And when I noticed there was stuff in stock, the items got sold real fast, then started to slow down. All of the stuff is cool, no wonder things sells out kind of quick.

MooChelle
Tenant
MooChelle
In response to rustedantique

And this is frustrating to me..lol I am new to this hobby and I know as with anything it takes time to figure out the good / bad of everything.. But I didn't realise there were so few other options out there as far as shopping online.. Then again I think it is cause I am new and inexperienced... Have still picked up on lots of helpful stuff here though..Thanks to you all for that

scrapandy
Diva
scrapandy
In response to MooChelle

I'm surprised by this thread! In all of the times I've ordered, I've only had that happen ONE time- and I love how it shows if they're getting low on something...not like some places where you place your order only to find out they don't actually have it (but charge your cc anyway )

They're usually great about restocking in a timely manner (and if its not timely, its the manufacturer, not sb.com !)

MooChelle
Tenant
MooChelle
In response to scrapandy

I totally didn't mean to come across sounding like I was bashing them..I am waaaaayyyy to new to do that..lol

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping
In response to MooChelle

I have been a little frustrated by this, but then realized that I should just do a little more shopping to justify my shipping costs! some of the Tim Hotz inks and paints should do the trick.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Meghankelly
Expert
Meghankelly
In response to scrapandy

• scrapandy Said:
I'm surprised by this thread! In all of the times I've ordered, I've only had that happen ONE time- and I love how it shows if they're getting low on something...not like some places where you place your order only to find out they don't actually have it (but charge your cc anyway )

They're usually great about restocking in a timely manner (and if its not timely, its the manufacturer, not sb.com !)

Me too! I have been on this site many times and have placed orders. As for the items that are not in stock I have just signed up for them to email me when it comes back in stock, and they do...as soon as it comes in I get the email!

sherryl55
Veteran
sherryl55
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

I just placed an order, and did think the shipping was a bit high. But here i sit on a free site, That allows me to upload as many LO's as I want, post and spent as much time as I would like all for free! So may be the shipping fees are just right?

papersilly
Idol
papersilly
In response to sherryl55

• sherryl55 Said:
I just placed an order, and did think the shipping was a bit high. But here i sit on a free site, That allows me to upload as many LO's as I want, post and spent as much time as I would like all for free! So may be the shipping fees are just right?

Good point!

Meghankelly
Expert
Meghankelly
In response to papersilly

• papersilly Said:
  • sherryl55 Said:

Good point!

Very good point! And I have been very happy with the shipping from this site, will absolutley continue to order from here!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to sherryl55

• sherryl55 Said:

thanks for pointing this out! I cringe at their shipping costs but I never bothered to think about how this is the only site I post LOs to and I love the ease of use on this site

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics