Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: What are you working on?        (Topic#1451659)
borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

What knit or crochet projects are you working on right now?

I have a couple blankets that I need to put trim on & another that I have to finish cross stitching then assemble.

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-07-08 10:02 PM
In response to borntoscrap

I just recently finished my first large project, a blanket for my oldest daughter. I was quite proud of myself, it turned out nicely! I am also crocheting some outfits for some small bears for family members. Very fun, but challenging! I have finished 3 out 5 outfits so far. And lastly I am halfway through a nice thick scarf for my mother who lives in the snowy midwest!

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-08-08 06:03 AM
In response to Autmn

I'm on a flower kick right now! I'm crocheting flowers to use on my layouts; currently crocheting flowers with ribbon.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to BjH

i just finished an afghan that I'd been wanting to make for like 3 years. It came out so beautiful. I need to get some pics up of them.

I think I'm gonna end up on a flower, edging, doily kick to add to my layouts because I think that is such a cute look!

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Jenny from the Crop

I am about 1/2 way finished with a twin size blanket/afghan of the Texas State Flag. I also just bought yarn to make a shaw for my granmother.

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-10-08 07:07 AM
In response to TonyaB

This is a layout I did yesterday, using some of the flowers I crocheted.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to BjH

Those are great Bonnie. What kind of yarn did you use?

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-10-08 09:23 PM
In response to BjH

• BjH Said:

wow those are really pretty! i wish i was far enough along to be able to make those! i still have trouble reading patterns.

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-11-08 06:06 AM
In response to borntoscrap

• borntoscrap Said:
Those are great Bonnie. What kind of yarn did you use?

Thank you; I used Aunt Lydia (Coats & Clark) Shimmer with a size C hook. Now I'm making some with Lion Brand's Glitterspun, again using a C hook. One ball of the Shimmer made 48 flowers and one skein of the Glitterspun will make 45 flowers.

scrapgrrl
Idol
scrapgrrl
In response to BjH

I am working on a scarf. Bonnie great job on the LO!!!! Autmn... I have problems reading patterns too. We should do a flower swap... everyone make some flowers.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to scrapgrrl

OMG those flowers are so cute on the layout! I have a TON of crochet thread in every color of the rainbow that I can't wait to put to use in edgeings and flowers to use on my layouts! Even small doilies as backers for flowers!

I just started a blanket this weekend that I want to give to some family friends of ours who just moved into a new home and they have a ton of new furniture. I pulled the colors from their rug in their den for an afghan and I'm so afraid that it's coming out more 70's retro rather than Tuscan villa feeling. LOL I'm hoping that once I get it all put together that it will look better.

I'll post pictures when I finish.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Love the flowers! I'm working on a crochet flower afghan, finishing a knitted cable viney afghan and a hat. Stuck on the kitchener stitch though. I have never done it, any suggestions?

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to WeeFaerie

kitchener?

I have no idea as to the names of different stitches. LOL I just follow patterns. (and quite well, for the most part, I might add. LOL)

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-12-08 10:59 AM
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
Love the flowers! I'm working on a crochet flower afghan, finishing a knitted cable viney afghan and a hat. Stuck on the kitchener stitch though. I have never done it, any suggestions?

I'm going to PM you a link that demonstrates how to do the Kitchener Stitch. You had me thrown for a loop (been Crocheting for 30+ years and have never heard of this stitch) until I discovered this has to do with Knitting. Anyway, hope this will help you so you can complete your project.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to BjH

Oh! LOL... well that's why I've never heard of it. LOL

I really want to learn to knit, though. I just need to find the time and patience to sit down and knit meaninglessly so I can get the hang of it.

chelmck
Guru
chelmck

I'm a new knitter. I've finished a few scarves and one baby blanket for my new niece. I scrapped about it (see below). I'm currently working on another baby blanket for my cousin who's expecting her first daughter. Nothing fancy, just a garter stitch. I wanted to try a nice pattern, but it didn't make any sense to me. I'm going to take it to my knitting group and see if they can help me figure it out.

Knitwit

chelmck
Guru
chelmck
In response to BjH

Very cool!

• BjH Said:

Diva
In response to chelmck

I actually sat in bed tonight and started work on ... well, I had no idea what it was going to be when I started, I just needed SOMETHING to do in bed, so I grabbed a hook and a ball of nifty yarn that a spinner friend gave me.

I think, with the width I made, that I'm going to just keep switching out yarns every few inches or so and make a really obnoxious scarf out of it.

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to PookasCrayon

I finished knitting sweaters for my two granddaughters and now I'm working on one for my grandson. Oh, and I threw in a little pink scarf out of "Poodle" yarn for my oldest granddaughter, Rylie, in the midst of it all!

Diva
In response to Gramma3x!!

I'm now on the third skein of a shawl that I started when I realized my first pickup wasn't really going anywhere, lol! As soon as it's finished, I have a gorgeous camisole pattern that my daughter wants me to do, but I might just do another shawl in a different yarn and color to have some choice.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics