Page 2 of 6 
Username Post: What are you working on?        (Topic#1451659)
nboulier
Guru
nboulier
In response to PookasCrayon

Love the flowers on the layout, can you share the pattern for those, I've never done a flower before.

Right now I'm working on some dishcloths and an afghan for a friend of my mom's. I got her couch pillow and matched up colors for that and am doing stripes with a shell pattern.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN
In response to borntoscrap

I'm new to this site & while looking I found this forum. In addition to scrapping I like to knit sometimes for change. I just got done making my mom an angel blanket for christmas it took me about 3 weeks to make & actually I wasnt able to give to her until the beg. of Jan. Im still trying to work on a xmas blanket for 2 years now but its in panels & Im not a big fan.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to LaurenN

I like doing stuff in panels cuz your work seems to go faster... but then you have to put them all together... and that's a pain. Good luck!

Diva
In response to Jenny from the Crop

ALMOST done with the first shawl now, only a 2-3" left and it's finished, except for the edging.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I think that is the worst part for me is putting it all together because I cannot see the whole piece and I feel like I'm just starting over again and again. This is actually the first paneling I've done so maybe that has something to do with it too; I dunno.

Diva
In response to LaurenN

Got a pattern for a nifty crocheted beret today that'll be fun to play with (I may use that black and purple I picked up on sale, doubled).

That should be my next project after the second shawl, since I should finish the first one tonight.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I have never tried to crochet before, it looks a lot harder to me then knitting. How long do you think that the beret will take you to make? Have you ever made a beret before? I knit at work because at home I get to busy & I try to scrap.

Diva
In response to LaurenN

Crochet is actually easier than knitting -- my buddy spent a few days here and taught me how, finally -- but both have really different uses.

Haven't made a beret before, but the pattern is ridiculously easy. It's little more than single crochets and slip stitches -- all the "neat" comes from the yarn texture.

Got the first shawl done, started on the second, and I have to say that the Moda Dea Dream yarn crochets like, well, a dream. It is WONDERFUL stuff, soft, fluffy, fuzzy, and yet isn't splitting or catching on the hook.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

I'm working on a baby afghan. I'm about half done. Using Caron's "simply soft". Love the feel.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I love making baby afghans and then getting to see my daughter wating to use them. I made her a scarf towards the end of last year & she was always asking to wear it, I was so estatic.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to LaurenN

I'm now putting the trim on that afghan & have started another.

sovip
sovip 
Pro
sovip
  • sovip on 03-10-08 10:39 PM

working on a baby blanket. (crochet)

Diva
In response to sovip

And I got distracted with other stuff, so I only have about 10" of my new shawl done. Problem is, that netting pattern just goes kinda slow to begin with, and I can't do too much at once.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

Finished the afghan, just working on the trim. I'm also crocheting flowers for a friend.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

I'm not working on anythign right now.

I'm more focused on scrapbooking at the moment. I go through phases between the two. lol

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB

I'm just about finished with a twin size bedspread/afghan of the Texas State flag. I only have to sew on the star. OMGosh it has taken me for ever! I saw a really cute sweater that I going to start after I'm done with this. I've never done a sweater before so it might take a while.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to TonyaB

YAY!!! Baby afghans are done! Whew!

Now I'm gonna get some flowers made for a friend.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

lol I do the same!

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN
In response to TonyaB

Wow that sounds really neat. Is there any way u can take a pic & put it in ur gallery, I would luv to see it?

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to LaurenN

As soon as I get the star on I will post a picture.

Page 2 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics